Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Yes, this is my first post. But, I have been lurking here on the Fire for a couple months. Thanks to the wealth of information I have absorbed here, I have recently been bitten by an unshakable Tikka virus, despite being a long time member of the Remington fan club. When my temperature rose to 102, I got a sudden urge to go out and buy a Superlite in 270Win at SH. I discovered the other day that it would put blue box Federals in about a 1/2" cluster. Happy to say the least. Last night, I had a viral relapse and broke out in sweats, so I picked up Tikka #2, another Superlite in 223Rem. Soon, I will report more on my impressions of these two guns in a new post in the Hunting Rifle Section. Now, the antibiotics are kicking in, and I realize I should find new homes for a couple of my old boom sticks.

No, you will not find me on the good guy list...yet anyway. But, I assure you that I am an honest, hard working public servant...no pun intended! If that's not enough, maybe you could send a PM to my good friend St8tman (maybe ck out his post 8640267)...I'm sure he will give you a thumbs up on doing any business with me.

Anyway, I am WTS a Remington Model 700 BDL SS Synthetic 7mm Mag. It will come with matte Leupold DD bases and rings worth about $40. These mounts are ROCK solid. Sorry, the Leupold scope shown in the photos is NOT included and is not for sale, as it will find a happy home on the new Tikka 223 after I send it back for a cds turret. I bought this rifle new at least 10 years ago, though I am having a hard time pinning down the exact year I bought it. Old age I guess. After I bought it, I immediately took it to Spencer's Custom Guns (some of you have probably heard of this renown custom smith), where he did a trigger job and re-crowned. Stock has not been bedded. After a routine barrel break in and some ammo testing, I settled on Winchester Supreme 150gr BT's. I have not punched a lot of paper with it, but 3 shot groups have exhibited a similar pattern...first 2 shots touch and the 3rd is about 5/8" away. Not too shabby, but sure a competent reloader could best. I can't give an exact round count, but I would say in the 100-150 range. Like I said, I don't punch a lot of paper. I check zero at the beginning of season and hunt. I've killed a few decent whitetails with it and a Canadian black bear at close range. The 7 Mag never disappoints, but a little overkill for the Virginia deer woods...a big reason I dropped back to the 270Win. with the new Teeker.

I am asking $625 for the rifle, bases and rings plus $25 shipping. I will ship Priority insured via USPS to your valid FFL holder. Please make sure they are willing to accept from a private seller and willing to email a copy of FFL (ATF associate of mine strongly urged me to do this). If FFL to FFL is preferred, I can probably arrange that for a modest fee. No trades please.

I hate to part with my beloved American-made Remmy's (may have a really nice varmint rig to put up too in the next day or so), but at 5lb, 12oz, I know what I'm gonna be carrying this fall...even if it is made in Finland! No need to have this sitting around collecting dust when somebody else can put it to good use. I know you will not be disappointed in the condition of this rifle. It is in VERY good condition and there are no scratches or gouges on the original stock, and there is NO rust or other issue with the stainless, inside or out! I am VERY anal when it comes to my firearm maintenance. I keep 'em clean and oiled, and in the offseason, they reside in hard cases. IMHO, I agree with many Fire folks that the newer Remington's for multiple reasons are not on the same level as these previous models.

If you have any additional questions or want a pic from a different angle, please feel free to send me a PM.

Sorry for the excessively long classified post...please give a newbie Fire Member a pass...SlimShady!

I hope I got this photobucket thing right...

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/Riddlebarger4/media/image_zpsc182dd61.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/Riddlebarger4/media/image_zps39036221.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/Riddlebarger4/media/image_zps2fe76db2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=7

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/Riddlebarger4/media/image_zpsb4a7a118.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/Riddlebarger4/media/image_zpse9825156.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

GB1

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
We're in va?

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Just outside of Lynchburg

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Fellows' the Spencer he's referencing is the barrel maker. He did some work on my Ti (skeletor). http://spencerriflebarrels.com. Good work!!

---------------
Bump welcome to the Fire.......my advice is stop before you get to far? You'll be a true loony very soon.

Greg

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks Greg! Spencer is THE man, tho I read recently he sold off the barrel-making part of the biz. Wish I could've afforded a custom from him...his guns are world class.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That's a nice rifle! Wish I had an excuse for another 7mm. GLWS

Birddog

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks for the shout Birddog. I think everybody must be broke from Valentine'sDay? Maybe I should have thrown in a box of chocolates.

Guess I should also clarify that the Harris bipod is not included either.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Saturday night bump: Good guy trying to make the Good Guy List!

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
$600 plus $25 shipping...ttt

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Maybe this will help.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks Tate I tried my darndest to get them to paste from the bucket but could only copy shortcut!

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I think I got the picture thing figured out. I was trying to copy the pic itself instead of the img URL. So, I will get it right when I put the 22-250 up for sale tomorrow. Sunday night bump for the 7MM fans!

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
ttt

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
ttt

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Up

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Bump for a Good-Guy who I have known and worked with for the last 20 years! By the way, there are very few people in my life I might define as "Perfectionist"......Slim-Shady happens to be one! Hence.....he maintains his gear in superb fashion.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks St8tman, but you didn't have to sugarcoat it. I know, I'm downright anal! As much as I love this new KG4 gun oil, nothing tops the invention of long lasting tire gel! lol

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
This can't be priced too high? I know it's not apples-apples, but I saw a Tikka 223 go for $775 last night (according to the thread). I don't know, maybe it's just bad timing...guess I could put it back in the case and try again this Spring.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
ttt

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
ttt

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 22 invisible), 14,869 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,969
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.