Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
for those who know of or have frequented at some point Culver's shooting pages, thought i would post it looks like we are within the last few days of life for Major Richard "dick" Culver.
His was one of the first forums i ever frequented, for many years.
A wealth of information and contact for those interested in military rifles and so on. Major Culver himself put into circulation a number of very good articles on a number of topics.
He had a interesting life and career.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will confess that I know very little about him. But looking at the site I wish I had found it years ago.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by krupp
I will confess that I know very little about him. But looking at the site I wish I had found it years ago.

like here, people post there under various names. But I through the years have gotten to know a bunch of them. That are truely experts on garands, 1911's, trapdoors, and so on. That advice recieved there has been very very productive for me. Kind of like the gun writer's section here.
Richard Culver, like I said, had an interesting life. He was actively envolved with various activities at quantico among other things.
There have been people posting on culvers through the years that have some of the finest collections in the country of various firearms, and always a source of advise when needed when you are looking at a WWI colt 1911 as an example.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A member for years of CSP, then went through the spam attack, then to that other site that didn't appreciate the freedom the Major had allowed us, then sent the Swede a check to get the current sight going. Learned so much info on Garands on that sight, and still go there often, tho don't post like I used.

If you can read, you can see it coming!

http://www.mtekweaponsystems.com/
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
He is a Fine Brave Man and a true American may God Be With Dick..
for those who never been to the site ,go here..

http://www.jouster.com/forums/index.php
Default Sad News about Major Dick Culver

Folks, I spoke to Gloria this afternoon, and I'm afraid the news isn't good.

As many of you know, Dick suffered a stroke and a pretty severe head injury in the process a few years ago, and it's looking like the end is just about here. Gloria asked me to sign on here to let you all know. Dick is in Hospice, and he isn't expected to live much longer than a couple more weeks (today is February 11, 2014).

Gloria is currently without internet service, but I'll check in periodically and keep everyone posted.

Your thoughts and your prayers are much appreciated - as I'm sure you can imagine, this is a VERY hard time for Gloria, and Dick hasn't really been all that much "at home" for quite a while. It's so sad to see such an amazing man, who did so much in his life, reduced by age and infirmity to where he is today.

Dick Culver graciously blessed many of us over the years with his presence, his cigars, his knowledge about both weaponry and freedom, and his contagious sense of humor. Losing him is going to be an incredible loss.

As I said, your thoughts and prayers are coveted, and I will do what I can to keep you all posted.

Last edited by HankStone; 02/15/14.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
CSP is the first Internet gun site I ever signed on to and is the reason I got interested in the M1.

The shooting world will lose a great man.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,394
Posts18,527,835
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.