Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Hey guys, I posted this in the competition sub-forum as well but I figured it'd get more visibility here.

Anyways, I don't post a lot but I have a question that some of you may be able to help with. I was talking to my dad last night and he mentioned that the junior rifle club in my hometown, where I first started competitive shooting, is so low on .22 ammo that the kids only get 10 rounds per night and only get to shoot one line. Does anyone know if any manufacturers/distributors ect give preferential treatment in fulfilling orders to clubs/kids? They're by no means looking for a handout, just the opportunity to purchase ammo so the kids can keep shooting. I'd appreciate any leads you can offer. Thanks.

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
have them call fin feather fur in ashland ohio. they seem to have some on hand most of the time.

if they can't help, i would be glad to donate some.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
club is in Ohio ? contact Zanders

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I should note that my hometown is in Minnesota so I probably need to find a place that can ship.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
i would be surprised if they wouldn't ship

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last year I think it was CCI allotted a large amount of ammo to junior clubs and marked the boxes as such. Quite a bit of it wound up Gunbroker at scalper prices so it might be a little more difficult now to convince someone to help you out.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Wow, that's lower than low. I wish I couldn't believe that people would do that, but this whole ammo shortage has really brought out the worst in the shooting community.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by shooterschmidty
I should note that my hometown is in Minnesota so I probably need to find a place that can ship.

I haven't ran thru all of mine, but it has also been a while...

I am a Rifle Merit Badge Counselor with the local Boy Scout Council.. and I did this a couple of years ago with Federal in Anoka.

Call into their main number and let them know you are with a youth sport shooting club, and you are inquiring about the availability of Factory Seconds in 22 Long Rifle...

I offered to send in my scouting credentials but after a brief conversation they said I didn't need it... but then we had talked about my living in MN down the highway from them for 15 years.. but I ordered about 10 to 12000 rounds.. i forget exactly.. but they shipped it here fairly cheap to Oregon...

I got the ammo marked as seconds, not for commercial sale...
They charged me peanuts for shipping.. way below standard UPS rates... and they picked up the Haz Mat fee...

Give it a try and good luck...

F
fzo Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
it would be a surprise if they don't ship

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely give them a call.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah. Call and have any info relating to your club available. Based strictly on what I've been told, the manufacturers will ship directly to those in need.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Is the CMP out of 22LR? The major ammo makers will usually provide ammo free for special junior events. Champions Choice in TN, Pilkington Competition in TN, Champion Shooter Supply in Ohio, Bert's Garage in PA, are all smallbore competition ammo suppliers

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it'll help even one kid.....

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I gave several thousand rounds to my Cousin last year, to help with a shooting program.

Still think that the parents of the kids should pony up for their own child's ammo needs though.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I'm kinda wondering how kids in a shooting program need ammo more than any other kids that want to shoot.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sbrmike
Is the CMP out of 22LR? The major ammo makers will usually provide ammo free for special junior events. Champions Choice in TN, Pilkington Competition in TN, Champion Shooter Supply in Ohio, Bert's Garage in PA, are all smallbore competition ammo suppliers

CMP is out, backordered over a year.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I gave several thousand rounds to my Cousin last year, to help with a shooting program.

Still think that the parents of the kids should pony up for their own child's ammo needs though.

I kind of agree with this. Even if they have to pay scalper fees a brick of ammo should last them quite a while. And while cheap 22 ammo is hard to get good quality target 22 ammo isn't that hard to get. I know if it were my kid I wouldn't have a problem buying some good Eley or Lapua for them.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Like I said, they're not looking for free ammo, just can't find any to buy. Typically the club buys ammo in bulk and then sells it by the box to the kids. Most of them are 8-14, they don't need high end stuff, just something mid-range.

Pilkington is a good idea, I didn't think about that. I spent a week with my college team shooting in Germany and Austria with Scott.

Thanks for all the pointers. I'll do some calling around tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Last year Federal was helping the juniors.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

386 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 32 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,452
Posts18,528,987
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.