Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Tonight's Skull Bound TV showing films of the wolves in Montana and their prey of bears, coyotes, mountain loin, deer and elk.

They showed pack of wolves in the snow surrounding small and large herds of bull elk on winter range and starving them out. Ripping off muzzles and hamstring bulls then moving off to wait until the helpless animal starves, bleeds and freezes down.

Please check out this show on the sportsmans channel if its on again before Sunday starts next weeks programming.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought wolves were saving the elk herds.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I thought wolves were saving the elk herds.

Brent will be along to explain that to us.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well, that's what a liberal on here tried to convince us, anyway. I guess the bubonic plague kept a lot of folks from starving too.

How can a wolf bite through the spine of a big hound and make it two halves?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have watched a pack of wolves (from too far away to do anything about it) surround a Moose cow and calf on the Alaska Penninsula south of King Salmon. Diving in and out and in and out until they exhausted then killed the calf, then they hamstrung the Moose cow and started eating her on the spot. It made me wish for a way to get across the many rivers and hills between us, but it was not possible. I lose no love on Wolves.

Last edited by safariman; 02/19/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have friends in the wolf relocation area in NM/AZ...

Their livestock losses are about to drive them out of business. They have to build secure cages for their kids to wait for the school bus in the morning because of a couple of hairy wolf encounters.

[Linked Image]

Phooking liberals.

Hunters, ranchers, and all outdoorsmen need to have a big gathering and pile the furballs up at the feet of the idiots wanting wolves. mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've seen humans do worse than that to animals & even other humans.

There are worse ways to go out.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Shoot, shovel, shut-up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess the narrator has never seen the carnage a wolf can cause and all the blood in the snow from their kills. I think being eaten alive is a brutal way to go.

Jim

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Saw that last night. Pretty well told it like it is. Then the 'host' gets an easy chance to hose a wolf, and misses the bastid! cry

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm no no advocate of the wolf in terms of reintroduction.

But this is nature. This is how it's supposed to be. Wolves aren't bad. They're just doing what they evolved to do.

They can't be bad. Or evil. Or good for that matter. Those are human qualities that have no bearing on the reality of the animal world.

It may be sad to watch. But it's life.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by pira114

But this is nature. This is how it's supposed to be. Wolves aren't bad. They're just doing what they evolved to do.

They can't be bad. Or evil. Or good for that matter. Those are human qualities that have no bearing on the reality of the animal world.

Yep, their going to try to survive like anything else. They are big animals and it is going to take a lot to sustain them.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

+1 ...important to keep things in perspective here. IMO we as hunters/humans have no right to judge a predators "ethics" in daily survival. Our laws and principles don't exist in their world and for good reason. "Killing for fun" is something that all 4 legged or 2 legged predators have available to them, perk of the job,good or bad.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by texasbatman
I guess the narrator has never seen the carnage a wolf can cause and all the blood in the snow from their kills. I think being eaten alive is a brutal way to go.

Jim
Pretty standard in nature. Nothing more brutal than mother nature.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Jim

Yeah, i do too. That's why i request my tbone steak cooked well done.
The end of life is not easy for most species, the prey animals certainly are different than the predators.
These discussions remind me of opening day of dove season, and the carnage that results. I took a grandson a couple of years ago elk hunting, and warned him of what to expect. And told him i always had sadness after i looked at what i had done. Grandson said to me, gramma says you always say that, until she puts it in the cast iron skillet, that makes it all better. I suppose we all have to eat.
I think one of the things about wolfs is that they are very efficient at what they do. I often thing of elk/etc i see in the woods during/after hunting season with blown off legs, wounded but not yet dead, and so on, in that position because of sloppy ill trained hunters. And we call it sport.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 02/20/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

There are places where wolves thrive and live that I don't have a problem with at all. That is adaptation to a changing world, and it seems the wolves do well there. As I said, I have no problem with them being there, doing what wolves do...

What I DO have a problem with is to "Reintroduce" wolves into areas that have people and a thriving ranching industry, thus creating the inevitable conflicts that insured the wolves were wiped out in those very areas a hundred or more years ago....Mostly because it gives a liberal a warm, fuzzy feeling knowing their beloved pets are running wild. mad

The reintroduction programs are a complete failure, and the wolves have to be fed continually because they starve to death there. The people and ranchers are not protected in any fashion and are jailed if they shoot a wolf.

USFWS is full of liberal tree huggers that are continually lying about the science and the facts.

There is no reason that civilized areas of our country ought to have wolves crammed down our throats, or have to watch history repeat itself because of the conflicts that introducing wolves creates.

As far as the areas of reintroduction go, if I had the LAST wolf alive in my sights, and knew it was the last one, I would pull the trigger on him without hesitation.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hunter2678

+1 ...important to keep things in perspective here. IMO we as hunters/humans have no right to judge a predators "ethics" in daily survival. Our laws and principles don't exist in their world and for good reason. "Killing for fun" is something that all 4 legged or 2 legged predators have available to them, perk of the job,good or bad.

How is this for perspective, maybe if they were your kids?

[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

Jim

Yeah, i do too. That's why i request my tbone steak cooked well done.
The end of life is not easy for most species, the prey animals certainly are different than the predators.
These discussions remind me of opening day of dove season, and the carnage that results. I took a grandson a couple of years ago elk hunting, and warned him of what to expect. And told him i always had sadness after i looked at what i had done. Grandson said to me, gramma says you always say that, until she puts it in the cast iron skillet, that makes it all better. I suppose we all have to eat.
I think one of the things about wolfs is that they are very efficient at what they do. I often thing of elk/etc i see in the woods during/after hunting season with blown off legs, wounded but not yet dead, and so on, in that position because of sloppy ill trained hunters. And we call it sport.

Well said. My future FIL is one of those guys that blasts the woods during gun season here in Ohio and from talking with him he rarely gets a deer with one clean shot. Super nice guy but just doesn't "get it". But there are those of us that would rather vilify the methods of survival for predators instead.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Hunter2678

How is this for perspective, maybe if they were your kids?

[Linked Image]

Are you seriously saying wolves are bad because of they way they kill? Really?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,865
Posts18,517,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.