Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Visited briefly with family Friday night. Still alert and fighting, but weak and failing. I've found that in many cases, how a person lived their life, mirrors how they approach their final days, hours etc. The stronger the person's character and constitution, the longer they linger. Even when the spirit is ready, the body will do what it has to do to survive.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I have to recount a short tale of a 96 year old woman who fell ill and the docs said she appeared to have a tumor on her liver and that they wanted to do a biopsy to determine if it was cancer. She looked at them like they'd sprouted horns. She said: "I'm 96 years old! What the hell do you think you'll do if it's cancer? Operate? Go to hell. I'm going home!"

She went home...with her boyfriend! He was 93. He drove.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Had an old cowboy ( the real thing�) friend go in for his physical at 98 years old. Doctor told him needed to cut back on the bacon�

You get one wild guess what his response was�.. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Awesome!! You are a fine person..Best wishes!!

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
God bless you Dan.

- Rogue
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thanks for the update, been thinking of him........

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thank you, Sir. Your work means everything to some of us.

"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Fella, when you go toes up they will be able to write "Here lays a man" in fairly big letters.
That is a fine statement - I agree. Dan, you post is uplifting - well thought, well written, well felt. Thanks.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Just stumbled across this thread now. Very touching post. One always wonders if the health care providers REALLY care or if their just trained to pretend they care. You sir, have proven that you really care.

When I was in the hospital in November, all my nurses were great for the most part but one in particular stood out. You got the sense that she absolutely loved her job. You could tell she just loved being there and I felt the level of "care" she had for me. She really helped me during that spell and I thank her for it.

You're a good man Dan

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What a blessing you are to the people having to go through such terrible things, thank you for what you do.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Fella, when you go toes up they will be able to write "Here lays a man" in fairly big letters.

+1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Dan a big ole www pat on the back guy !

A compassionate MAN you are !

Mike

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Dan,

So well said. I have worked in Emergency Medicine first as a Paramedic, now as an ER nurse for going on 25 years. There are always those patient's who touch your life in ways you will never forget. The boo-boo's and stomach bugs, not to mention Moqueisha coming in for her weekly shot of Rocephin and oral Zithromax because you can't buy condoms with food stamps drive me up the wall and make me debate walking away every day I'm at work. But every so often someone comes in who needs CARE, maybe not medicine or technical expertise, but CARE. They make me want to keep keeping on.
Just the other day I took care of a Gentleman who had the misfortune of taking a very long tiring walk in Bataan back in 1942...... He was ill in a big way, but I cherished taking care of him. When I shook his hand and told him Thank You, he squeezed my hand a little firmer, smiled and gave me a hearty "Thank You too".....

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
The WWII vets are special.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank you for still being able to feel Dan,says alot about you as a man.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,196
Posts18,485,102
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.