Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
243Win Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Is anybody wearing these? I'm waiting for local store to get my size in. I think they were the Tibet GTX model. They look very well built and sturdy. Feedback is appreciated thanks.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Check here:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../1/Help_me_pick_a_new_pair_of_hik#UNREAD

I just got a pair today based upon the recommendations on this thread and other online reviews.

Stush
G
gwl Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I have two pairs of renegades. They are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. My wife has a pair and thinks they are just ok. Everyone is different

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by gwl
I have two pairs of renegades. They are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. My wife has a pair and thinks they are just ok. Everyone is different

+1 on the Renegades. I really like them too. I have had several other Lowa's as well. Good boots if they fit your foot.

Ed T

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Love my Tibets.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Got a pair of Tibets second hand here on the 'fire, love 'em! My previous pair of boots were Asolo Sassalongs, the Tibets are just a touch wider in the toe box and therefore fit me much better. I've also had the Renegades and liked them, but thought the sole was a bit thin, seemed like I could feel every rock I stepped on. At this point I'd buy another pair of Tibets in a heart beat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Love the Lowa Renegades for a light/low boot. The Hunter/Tibet bunches up on the top of the ankles for me. Like the Kennetreks better for a tall boot. I went to Baker's Boots to buy the Hunter/Tibet and at the last second tried the Kennetreks. Huge difference for me, but everyone's feet are different.

Some guys get heel lift with Kennetreks, but they are comfy from Day1 for many. They have a "hinge" that makes ankle flex easy without material bunching up or long break-in. Potential downside is the EVA midsole and somewhat soft outsole which cushions well but may not last as long as the Lowa mid/outsole with Vibram. What's more important varies depending on who's buying.

I think the Kennetreks are super comfy on most terrain, but on really hard/sharp/jagged rocks not so much. I have the factory insoles. I'm not one to buy a pair of boots and expect them to last for 5-10 years. If I can get 2-4 years out of boots, with good comfort/traction/support, then that is all I expect. Wearing out your boots isn't a bad thing.

Kennetrek warrany/service has been good for me, but only used it one time. I had a boot leak and it was replaced free under warranty. Buddy had Renegades that were absolutely thrashed and the sole de-lam IIRC and he got a new pair from Lowa.

Boots and packs are the most important gear, along with binos. But, pack and binos can last a longtime. Boots get worn out fast (relatively) so you aren't married to them forever. When the Kennetreks are worn out, I'll look at Tibet/Hunter, Schnees, Hanwags, Meindls, etc. all over again!

Jason

Last edited by 4th_point; 02/22/14.
243Win Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Sucks having size 11. They are always the size that are not in stock.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recently bought a pair of their Mountain boots online, but had to send them back as they were extremely uncomfortable. It seemed to me they had very high and wide arch supports..

I had tried on some of their other boots locally, and I was told the were all made on the same last, so I was really disappointed the Mountain boots did not fit..

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Lowa Rengades I have been wearing them for 10 years bow hunting. I don't wear them for backpacking I prefer a heavier boot when carrying very much weight. Great gortex too I had a pair for 4 years they were pretty worn out but kept my feet dry.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the Renegades. Great lightweight boot to lay down miles in. For backpacking and hunting in really rugged, off trail, or steep terrain, I prefer a little taller and stiffer boot.
I have no experience with the Tibet but apparently the Tibet gets high marks from others on here. Lowa makes a good boot I believe.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one ankle that is looking for a place to sprain. The Tibets have been great for ankle support.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lowas boots fit my feet great but everyone is different. I'm on my 3rd set of Hunter GTXs (Sheephunters) and also trying out the Lowa Cevedales from Lathrop and Sons.

We'll see how those work, but so far so good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please report your thoughts on the Cevedales! Those have my interest.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only used them on a couple hikes thus far. I really dig them so far. I'll keep ya posted. I will say if your feet like other models of Lowa boots these should work well for you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looking forward to your findings. My feet have never been in a pair of Lowa's so this would be a bit of an experiment. That said, he best pair of boots I've had come from L&S back when they carried Meindls. Wish they still did...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's a vid i made of some of the boots mentioned here. You may find it useful. I love lowa stuff - highly recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfApS_NRQjg

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I have the GTX Bighorn Hunters and think they are great. My sheep guide in AK liked them too. I got mine on shoebuy.com when they had a 25% off sale. If you can get on their mailing list, they have good discounts. Free shipping and paid return shipping. I would order 2 sizes and return the one that doesn't fit well.

Great boot and no blisters!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

342 members (06hunter59, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 36 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 985 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,236
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.