Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,303 of 1,842 1 2 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1841 1842
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It is raining and about 34 here right now. The biggest end of our snow has melted. The gravel road I live on is getting sloppy but has some thick ice left in places. We are killing seven pigs tomorrow and will be cutting them up saturday. It is supposed to rain and then start getting colder with snow sunday. I am about sick of this and we haven' had any ways near what you hard core guys have had.It has been as hard a winter as we have had heere for several years, but not hard as when I was a kid but that was almost 63 years ago and I ain't got a lot of nostalgia for this crap.

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here in paradise, we have had just flurries so far. I was supposed to go to the cities today, but they called and told me to stay home. Didnt have to twist my arm.

Been super busy here preparing for the PF banquet (some of the $$ we raise goes to pay Ryan's salary I might add, so he better say something nice about me!!). Lots of work, but I am really looking forward to it. All my kids are going, that could turn into a circus! It is also a small barometer on the economy. So far, I would say things are better than last year.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep,
Snowing like a mofo north of the border.

They say 12-15" coming !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Rain/snow stopped for now, but the wind has picked up.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We're really "socked" in up here & the radar looks nasty !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
What's the weather over in the cities, Tom? They're predicting over a foot of snow for NW WI.

Predictions for my area are all over the place. Started out at 6" - 12". Now it's 1" -3" but rain and sleet first. It did rain a bit an hour ago, but is now snowing. Supposed to get ugly by late afternoon here.

Pure craziness here now Bill. I'm supposed to be headed to the cabin but with up to 16" of snow that way... I doubt it!

It was raining, then freezing rain, and now snow piling up as fast as I think it possibly can!

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Over 120" of snow so far this year and now it's raining. So I'm on flood watch for my house and my folks house too. Supposed to freeze tonight with big winds and snow tomorrow. Can't wait.

Did the splits this morning -or whatever a middle age, moderately overweight guy does- on the ice we got from freezing rain last night. Trying to take my young son to the bus stop. Yep, I took him down too. Pulled something in my nether region that's got me walking awfully gingerly.

I'm all done with winter now.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Stop pulling your nether region. grin

Wind is in the 20's now, but 50mph possible. This is the heavy wet, spring snow we have here fellas.

Kids are loving it, outside making snowmen in the yard.

I do have an update from our buddy gophergunner.

He had an angioplasty an no blockage was found but had a virus. He can explain it a lot better than I can but he's hoping to come home tomorrow and will let us all know what's up then.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Holy Cripes,, this snow is HEAVY..

I had to put the snowmobile helmet on to plow the driveway with the wheeler i could barely see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Thunder, lighting and rain so far. Very, very windy. Hard
To believe that the snow is missing us.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
must have at least 6-8 already, maybe more.
don't really feel like going out to see.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
How you guys doing weather wise? It rained all day and most of the night here. Most of the snow is gone and it is about 45 right now. Gonna be sloppy as hell killing pigs today! Hope you can catch a break in the weather soon.
Bill

Last edited by Bill_55; 02/21/14. Reason: fat fingered misspelling

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Have fun on the piggy hunt. Weather looks pretty gross from my window. Wind is blowing pretty hard and i got a call at 545 that school was cancelled.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Doesn't look like we got more than an inch of snow so far. Still snowing and wind is a howling.

Temps have fallen into the mid teens so all the rain froze on the roads and it's a big skating rink.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
we only got about 2 inches of snow max, but plennnnny windy. must have got a tiny bit of drizzle as the roads last nite were icy.

Speaking of snow, I have 2 neighbors that live about half a mile north of me. I dont really know either of them. One I have nothing in common with, the other is just kind of weird and lazy. Nice enough people I guess, but have only seen them at neighborhood get togethers.

Both have east-west driveways and for the past few years, I have laughed because both of them pile the snow up on the north side of their driveway. We get a half inch of snow with a 10 mph wind and they have 2 foot drifts. Nobody else even shovels and they are snowed in. This year, they have piles up to 7 feet high on the north side of their driveway. I am starting to feel bad for the one guy that I have nothing in common with as he is just not an outdoors type of guy at all. His wife called the tow truck to get her car out of their driveway the other day.

My question to you is, how do I let them know that all of this is their own stupidity? I never see them. Seriously, I bet that guy has blown his driveway 50 or more times and I am NOT exaggerating.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
B man, you can't fix stupid.

Just enjoy the show, smile and wave.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Tie a note to thier dog?

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Tie a note to thier dog?

grin

Good idea, Jim. Than the dog can explain it to them. laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lol that's funny. I'd just enjoy the show, especially if they are liberals.

any word on Jeff?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I haven't heard from him today. He had a few set backs yesterday. Fluid back on his lungs. He's in the right place though, they'll square him away.

We are at the cabin in northern WI on the sleds and there is A LOT of snow!!

Page 1,303 of 1,842 1 2 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1234, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,405
Posts18,488,944
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.