Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I foresee the stainless version being Ruger's best selling centerfire rifle.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I foresee the stainless version being Ruger's best selling centerfire rifle.

You and me both buddy...I think they will sell like hotcakes if they keep prices low enough. When they hit the streets, I'll be checking them out and may end up buying one just for chits and giggles...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
The rifle with a Redfield seems a good idea. I have never been comfortable with no-name or blister pack scopes. But I would feel pretty confidant recommending the RAR/Redfield combo to a new hunter.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've a few on order with the LGS. $386 on the stainless. They currently sell the blued version for $331.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First RAR I ever laid eyes on, was won over a year and a half ago by a woman at a sportsmen's gathering I was at. Picked it up, handled it a bit and pronounced it fugly, but probably serviceable. Didn't like it enough to buy any of the raffle tickets, tho.

Her boyfriend later reported that he'd mounted a scope, took it to the range with ammo loaded for his own 308 and was amazed at how accurate the American was.

He didn't like the trigger at first, got used to it and now thinks it's great. Don't know if she's ever gotten to hunt with it yet, or not? Think he copped it for hisself.

It's better off with him. Three years ago she somehow lost the follower from her M70 during bear season.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I can't tell you how much insight I've gained over the years reading PARAGRAPH after PARAGRAPH on bullets/scopes/guns etc that BobinNH has no experience with.

It's been a real pleasure

BobinNH is one of just a handful of guys that really makes the Campfire worth reading. JB is another. If all it consisted of was you and Boxer practicing namecalling and cussing I would have found a different site long already.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Travis,

I had the flattop .44 Special in mind when mentioning special Lipsey's runs that became regular items!

Their other special runs have usually sold out quickly too.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by moosemike
I can't tell you how much insight I've gained over the years reading PARAGRAPH after PARAGRAPH on bullets/scopes/guns etc that BobinNH has no experience with.

BobinNH is one of just a handful of guys that really makes the Campfire worth reading. JB is another. If all it consisted of was you and Boxer practicing namecalling and cussing I would have found a different site long already.

JB is the primary reason I started lurking on this site and joined. I still enjoy his readings and shared knowledge here and in print.

Bob is a different story. I envision someone who practices law, long in the tooth and has been up the mountain a few times. He's defensive, long winded and objects strongly when others don't share his opinion.

Just my take. As in life, we're all not expected to agree and share common opinions.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Good on you to stand up for Bobin. He's an asset to the forum as far as I'm concerned. I have enjoyed the heck out of his writings and appreciate his experience as well. Top notch guy as far as I'm concerned!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

JB is the primary reason I started lurking on this site and joined. I still enjoy his readings and shared knowledge here and in print.

Bob is a different story. I envision someone who practices law, long in the tooth and has been up the mountain a few times. He's defensive, long winded and objects strongly when others don't share his opinion.

Just my take. As in life, we're all not expected to agree and share common opinions.

sas: Been more than a few....at least I have manged to extend myself beyond my home state "a few times" wink

I have a lot of respect for other's opinions, if I think they know what they are talking about. Some here qualify,some don't.

You don't. frown

Neither,BTW,does Steelhead.

If I disagree with something, I will say "why"...if you can't handle that, you have an ignore button. Suggest you use it wink

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Travis,

I had the flattop .44 Special in mind when mentioning special Lipsey's runs that became regular items!

Their other special runs have usually sold out quickly too.

It's funny because folks howled about those for so long, so when they came out I grabbed one immediately. Guess everybody else did too.

One of the (if not THE) most accurate revolvers I've ever owned by the way.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 222Rem

We've got some gun savvy guys at Lipseys to thank for taking the chance. One of the guys responsible is a member here.

For real? Who is he? He deserves a heartfelt GFY.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Good on you to stand up for Bobin. He's an asset to the forum as far as I'm concerned. I have enjoyed the heck out of his writings and appreciate his experience as well. Top notch guy as far as I'm concerned!!

You're another one I should have included in that list BSA, I feel your an asset around here too!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BobinNH

I can understand the "cheap accuracy" attraction, but still wouldn't buy an American. But they must be selling a lot of them because they had a lot of them there. Not my cup of tea.

Tea sucks. In America we drink coffee. Because this is America.

As far as those Americans are concerned, I'm going to guess that Ruger will end up selling about 5 bajillion of the ones chambered in 22LR.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You're another one I should have included in that list BSA, I feel your an asset around here too!

JFC. Why don't you buy them a drink while you're at it?

Travis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'd buy you a drink if you weren't such a butt hole.

And shot a .17...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

JFC. Why don't you buy them a drink while you're at it?

Travis

Logistics prevent it. grin

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BobinNH

sas: Been more than a few....at least I have manged to extend myself beyond my home state "a few times" wink

I have a lot of respect for other's opinions, if I think they know what they are talking about. Some here qualify,some don't.

You don't. frown

Neither,BTW,does Steelhead.

If I disagree with something, I will say "why"...if you can't handle that, you have an ignore button. Suggest you use it wink

No skin off my back Bob. I'm a big boy.

My apologies are for talking this thread off track.

Last edited by shortactionsmoker; 02/22/14.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
17's suck. Pass the 22 mag please and make it an American laugh

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
17's suck. Pass the 22 mag please and make it an American laugh

Have to take you to task there. I like my .17 HMR so much that I sold my .22 mag. grin

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (06hunter59, 160user, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 270cowboy, 22250rem, 58 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,134
Posts18,523,194
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.