-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd like to have a $350 6.5 Creedmoor too, where do I sign the wait list?

Jeff

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Not if you rebarrel with a heavier/longer barrel!

Exactly like the Remington 7s with 18.5" and 20" barrels.

That said, some people are more sensitive, or maybe "in tune", to their firearms' balance than others and for those who aren't cognizant, balance may not even be a component of the package that they recognize or consider.

I've long felt that the long action 77 RSIs balance noticeably better than their short action brothers, while others see no recognizable difference.

Jeff

Why would I rebarrel for balance when I could just buy a standard contour rifle off the shelf, and never have the issue to begin with?

Also, it's not a matter of being sensitive to balance. It's how well the rifle will hang offhand, which is to say really poorly with a heavy actioned, wood stocked, short pencil thin barreled rifle.

Last edited by prairie_goat; 02/23/14.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Because you like the black tip on the 77 RL stock?

I do and have bought 77 RL stocks to replace perfectly good 77 R stocks. Have also bought 77 RSI stocks in which to install 77 R or Hawkeye barreled actions. This is how I got my 77 RSI 6.5x55 parts gun.

Jeff

Last edited by 260Remguy; 02/23/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Why did he let them drop the ultralites then?

Because they balanced like schit.

Mid-point of the mag box/floorplate seems to suit me....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Because you like the black tip on the 77 RL stock?

I do and have bought 77 RL stocks to replace perfectly good 77 R stocks. Have also bought 77 RSI stocks in which to install 77 R or Hawkeye barreled actions. This is how I got my 77 RSI 6.5x55 parts gun.

Jeff

Understandable.

The stock replacement idea sounds like the best route to go. I've thought about a "Faux RSI".

Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Why did he let them drop the ultralites then?

Because they balanced like schit.

Mid-point of the mag box/floorplate seems to suit me....

I'm more a front action screw to front face of action balance point kinda guy.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Guess I'm a snob,don't want one or even be seen with one in my hands.

Yes, you are a snob. You're also not their target market. The American is for the younger or first time hunter, and its also for someone who needs a utilitarian rifle. Ruger probably could care less about your opinion of the American. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Yes, you are a snob. You're also not their target market. The American is for the younger or first time hunter, and its also for someone who needs a utilitarian rifle. Ruger probably could care less about your opinion of the American. wink

Bingo. Someone finally got it.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Know one ever claimed they were aimed for the Bobsnobs!!! LOL!!!

I have know problem killing schitt with a utilitarian grade rifle

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Know one ever claimed they were aimed for the Bobsnobs!!! LOL!!!

I have know problem killing schitt with a utilitarian grade rifle

I bet you don't...for sure, you are their target market...along with the kids.

But you do have problems saying anything intelligent;or structuring a sentence.And your grammar is terrible.... That's always been apparent. wink

Do you kill a lot of schitt? LOL!

I bet that's all you "kill"....with anything.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The Marlin XL7 received a similiar reaction from the shooting public, but after checking the rifle over and witnessed how they shot, many of us purchased some to get our young shooters a rifle that was reliable, accurate and not a hand-me-down.

My son and I bought a bunch standard and youth rifles for $259.00 plus tax. I saved the ad because some did not believe the deal.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I now have the Ruger American home. Apparently, I got the last 308 they had in the store. Now, rather than just messing with my buddy's rifle, I can tinker with this one.

I haven't put the scope on yet, but will be after posting this. I'll take off the mounts, clean the threads up and reinstall them. I've got Burris low mount rings that should work with the Weaver.

I took it out of the box when it arrived home and gauged the trigger. It broke at 4 lb and was crisp. After the rifle's been cleaned up and shot, I test it again. If it stays the same, I'll be happy. No need to mess with this one.

Converted to Americanische dinars, this rifle, complete with Burris rings and a Weaver 4x38mm scope, comes in a $556. Based on what I know of my friend's Americans, this will be a fun, knock around rifle. If it's accurate - 1.5 inches ou moins @100 yd, it will be fine. It has to shoot my homemade 200 grain bullets to earn a spot on the bench however. That's my litmus test.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Contrarian that I am, I wish that they would offer them with iron sights and in some "odd" chamberings. Outside of the 94 Winchester, I never have shot centerfire bolt rifles with iron sights (that made it sound like I was calling the 94 a bolt rifle, but I'll trust everyone to know what I am trying to say) and would like the chance to do so at a reasonable cost. Likewise, I would appreciate the opportunity to mess around with some "odd" chamberings in a bolt rifle at a reasonable price. I realize that neither of these desires place me in a category at which the Americans are aimed.

Last edited by 5sdad; 02/23/14.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I know what you're saying, but very, very few people use them nowadaze, so most companies don't bother. Even if they still did, the OEM iron sights are usually sheit. Good ones - hunting or target - are a specialty item like scopes.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really want to see the American in .204 Ruger. I don't know how realistic that is though.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing the American in other chamberings, but right now they're apparently selling all they can make. I also wouldn't be surprised to see an iron-sighted big game model, since the .22's have irons.

One of the things I'm happy about is the faster twists in some chamberings, especially the 1-8 .223. The 1-9 in .243 isn't bad either, though the long-range boys won't be totally happy, I doubt many of them are buying Americans anyway.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'd say its possible. The cartridge does carry the Ruger name. I can see them marketing a predator combo with the two.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
John,

Before the announcement of the American, I remember the questionnaire on their website. They asked about features and you were to rate them between 1 and 10. They did have a question pertaining to iron sights.

Sights would work with the height of the comb as well. Maybe in the future?

I'm excited about the new twists as well. I do like the fact that Ruger listens and even publishes questionnaires on their website. They continue to try to give the shooting public what they ask for.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Contrarian that I am, I wish that they would offer them with iron sights and in some "odd" chamberings. Outside of the 94 Winchester, I never have shot centerfire bolt rifles with iron sights (that made it sound like I was calling the 94 a bolt rifle, but I'll trust everyone to know what I am trying to say) and would like the chance to do so at a reasonable cost. Likewise, I would appreciate the opportunity to mess around with some "odd" chamberings in a bolt rifle at a reasonable price. I realize that neither of these desires place me in a category at which the Americans are aimed.

You leaned the same way I did, and we agree 100%. I guess we can't ask that the "American" be chambered in the European 9,3X62, but they could be a frontrunner in 9,3MM rifles if they brought to market a short action 9,3mmBS. JB already has loads worked out. Remington could neck up some 350 RM brass, and we're out the door with a new moose/elk cheap rifle!! laugh

I want a 22-250, never owned one, and now think I might have found what I need in the American. wink

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
smoker,

I'd like to see iron sights, also, but they seem to add too much to the cost of a price-point rifle.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
smoker,

I'd like to see iron sights, also, but they seem to add too much to the cost of a price-point rifle.

I'd like to see a factory rifle come with a freakin' rear peep. Savage is the only company doing this. They started on their Cub that morphed into the Rascal so I know at least some people understand the benefits.

The Ruger Takedown with a simple Williams rear peep would have been bad-[bleep]'-ass.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (2ndwind, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 2UP, 270cowboy, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,150
Posts18,523,363
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.