Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
We ain't talking "take all your guns" here, just register some kinds and their hi-cap mags. This is how these things are done, by increments.

That is exactly right.

What you said sounds just like what the liberals that pushed for these gun control measures said. It was what Obama said.

First comes "Registration".
The avg. citizen will comply because he doesn't want to risk non-compliance.

Next comes what we are seeing in CT.
Again, the avg. citizen complies because he "has too much too do lose" by doing otherwise.

So now they have WHO you are and WHAT guns you own. You have already shown that you are compliant with gun control laws, and all they have to do is keep chipping away at the block that WAS your rights. And you will stay "compliant" when they come for your revolver or pistol. You will stay compliant when they outlaw your scoped hunting rifle as a "sniper weapon that nobody really needs to pursue deer in the woods"...

So now you have your granddads old double barrel shotgun left in your safe along with a single shot, bolt action .22 that you got for your 10th birthday.

They pass a law that says you cannot keep those in your home, and the police will be by to pick them up, along with all ammo you have for them to take them to a state run "gun club" where you can go check them out to do some target practice or hunting, but, they only let you have 5 rounds of ammo, and you must return all the empty shells before you can get more ammo...

You sit back and wish you had fought what they started long ago. But, the reality of things is the fact that you stood silent and personally allowed the steps that stripped your rights. There is nobody to blame but "you".

The fact that you allowed the government to KNOW what you had, and allowed them to take a single thing from you or your home, proves that you became a "subject" and gave up your rights as a "citizen" with the first step they took... Passing gun registration laws.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, how many state senators and reps will lose their jobs in Nov over this law? At least Colorado nailed a few of these leftists and sent a strong message.

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe Chris Christie will save them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just saw that he's taken a hit on his approval ratings for the bridge stuff. The left doesn't even want a RINO to survive.

He's struggling in NJ, Connecticut needs more than Christie can give.

Ah yes, blue states!

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It starts right here. Those that say private party sales without paperwork are a "loophole" need to be verbally smacked down. Essentially this is what Connecticut has and it laid the groundwork. It's the difference between being able to practice civil disobedience or doing hard time in the Federal Slam for fifteen years.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right? Speaking of RINOs, all the union guys are voting in the (Texas) Republican primary for Cornyn.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Right? Speaking of RINOs, all the union guys are voting in the (Texas) Republican primary for Cornyn.

I havn't seen that! I did see he's hammering his nearest competitor...Stockman.

All American

All the time
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
After the last couple threads on this mess in Conn. and many Conn members chiming in that they complied because they had too much to lose, or were afraid of retribution or prosecution, I mulled this over a bit.
Then a few nights ago I was watching a documentary on genocide, which of course focused on the Holocaust and the Einsatzgruppen(sp?)
And as I'm watching these people being led to the pits I'm wondering how many of them ( apparently ALL) complied because they were afraid of retribution, prosecution, and had too much to lose�..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
After the last couple threads on this mess in Conn. and many Conn members chiming in that they complied because they had too much to lose, or were afraid of retribution or prosecution, I mulled this over a bit.
Then a few nights ago I was watching a documentary on genocide, which of course focused on the Holocaust and the Einsatzgruppen(sp?)
And as I'm watching these people being led to the pits I'm wondering how many of them ( apparently ALL) complied because they were afraid of retribution, prosecution, and had too much to lose�..

THIS!

It starts quietly.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck
Let's get a couple things straight here. First, it's a Form 4473.

Second - as to these 'confiscation' letters. IIRC many of us here warned those who live in CT that this 'registration' of magazine etc., WOULD lead to confiscation and we were roundly poo-pooed for the statements.

Them damn birds are comin' home to roost now, ain't they?

People NEVER learn it appears.. It also appears that the only thing now that might save your collective azzes is if every single citizen in CT that owns these firearms and/or magazines group up and, in ONE BUBBLING MASS OF OUTRAGED CITIZENRY, march right up and into the CT gov't offices and demand the ouster of every single a-hole that voted FOR that stupid-azzed law - especially including the Governor who signed it.

Because, if you don't, the next thing people will see is gov't troops pounding on your door demanding you to surrender and face charges. Now ya gotta make a decision - "whatcha gonna do when they come for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?"

The comments listed under the article in the link are EXACTLY what needs to be said - right to the faces of the damn Dems AND the idiot Governor of CT.. It's the damn Dems that started this chit, and the damn Dems need to PAY for it - one way or the other..

Very well said per usual.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
And then I was watching the news on the Ukraine. Citizens breaking bricks apart so they had something to throw, citizens carrying flimsy worthless makeshift shields ,citizens fighting with a pellet gun, because its the only gun they had, and unarmed citizens being cut down in the streets by the police.

I say again, the people in Conn are on the front lines of this, like it or not, and they have a moral obligation to the rest of the country to NOT COMPLY.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I havn't seen that! I did see he's hammering his nearest competitor...Stockman.

It's really hard to tell. Late polls don't work very well in Texas, where half or more people vote before election day. $19 Million vs. $35K is hard to beat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And then I was watching the news on the Ukraine. Citizens breaking bricks apart so they had something to throw, citizens carrying flimsy worthless makeshift shields ,citizens fighting with a pellet gun, because its the only gun they had, and unarmed citizens being cut down in the streets by the police.

I say again, the people in Conn are on the front lines of this, like it or not, and they have a moral obligation to the rest of the country to NOT COMPLY.

There is a huge difference. Ukraine didn't vote their guys into power.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Thats a whole 'nother kettle of fish Pat�I'm not awful sure we did either�.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yankees fold like lawn chairs.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WE didn't, but Connecticut did.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Stan V
Well, how many state senators and reps will lose their jobs in Nov over this law? At least Colorado nailed a few of these leftists and sent a strong message.

Not a single one.

Colorado will Re-elect Democrats in the 3 seats that were up for recall the next time they come up for election.

The ONLY reason the Rep. were victorious in the Recall elections was because there were no Democrat funded Libertarian spoilers on the ballot.
You can be sure that the Democrats will make sure there are plenty of (L) candidates to siphon just enough Republican votes to ensure Democrat victories across the board.

This tactic has worked and worked well in the past and it will continue to work in the future. Not only in CO, but in CT and the rest of the country as well.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That is why they feel comfortable doing what they are doing there. It ain't rape if they consent.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Sure, and "we", as those not on the front line, have the obligation to support them. Most won't, though, and just figure it will only happen to the Yankees (or flatlanders as we refer to CT, NJ, etc. In NH). Much easier to watch and complain.....

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Perhaps the few in Conn. would be emboldened to NOT comply if they had support. Say...several tens of thousands of vehicles headed to Conn. to say "NO" the UNITED STATES citizens aren't going to stand for that. If the other 49, okay, we'll give HI and AK a pass, so if the other 47 states would send huge caravans of vehicles to start clogging the CT highways... perhaps, perhaps someone would get the message and realize they've barked up the wrong tree.

And perhaps this would also adjust the attitude of LEO's who would otherwise follow their masters orders, to come to the realization that they TOO could perhaps loose everything over a few magazines and rifles and thus contemplate if it's worth it.

Or everyone could sit behind their keyboards with their hot-toddies, telling gunowners in Connecticut what THEY SHOULD be doing and how THEY should do it. After all, it's THEIR duty to resist and not comply...for the sake of the rest of us...who are comfortably sitting on the sidelines bitching.

So, the question begs: Are YOU willing to go to Connecticut and die for "the cause"?

Last edited by snubbie; 02/25/14.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 60 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,665
Posts18,513,015
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.