K
Well if I can make it, the following may be in my truck;

M1903-A1
M1898 Krag-Jorgensen (or two)
M1888 trapdoor
Some assorted Mausers
MAS 36
Mebbe a model 12 Winchester (or two)
I'll see what other bizarre stuff I can find in the safes.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Ed, put me back on the list ill be there.rio7

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
will bring 2 10" steel swingers, 2 pigs, 1 pistol tree,and a couple of coolers of water and soft drinks,chips and dips, maybe a few cookies, don't count on me to help cook as i live out of a can and microwave,as ED, KNOWS I CANT COOK WORTH A DAMN.he damn near starved for a week at my house. rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, the .45-90 High Wall, and the .300 Blackout AR usually get a lot of interest at gathers, so I reckon I'll bring them. Probably shoot the .300 Roy in the "elk shoot", and the .22-250 #1 in the .200 yard match. Les Baer .45, and some other pistols of one sort or another. Maybe an AK variant, just for the heck of it. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RIO7
Ed, put me back on the list ill be there.rio7

OUTSTANDING!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Well, the .45-90 High Wall, and the .300 Blackout AR usually get a lot of interest at gathers, so I reckon I'll bring them. Probably shoot the .300 Roy in the "elk shoot", and the .22-250 #1 in the .200 yard match. Les Baer .45, and some other pistols of one sort or another. Maybe an AK variant, just for the heck of it. smile

I learned today, down in the BPCR forum, that a .45-70 could pass as an AK variant! laugh At least that's what I thought Don was trying to tell me. laugh

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 02/26/14.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this is not a .45-70...

[Linked Image]

grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Loc: Western N.Y.

Nough said! grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this is not a .45-70...

[Linked Image]

grin

You have a CAT in your house??????? !!!!!!!

I'll have to re-examine our relationship in light of this startling news. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Not to worry, Gene, that's Patrick's Pit Bull in his "Ninja Cat" disguise. It's to lure unsuspecting criminals to within 25 yards so he can hit them with his AK. laugh

Ed

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
this is not a .45-70...

[Linked Image]

grin

You have a CAT in your house??????? !!!!!!!

I'll have to re-examine our relationship in light of this startling news. grin

well...you rescue a cat, I guess you have to rescue it, all or nothing. She weighed 3 lbs when I took her in, 12 years ago. She was much friendlier, when she was starving to death smirk

It's unclear what is more obnoxious, her or the AK smile I'd entertain offers on both.

Now the 16 year old male cat, is as loving and mellow a pet as I've ever known. Him I will miss badly, when he is gone. smile

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Does the AK poop in a box, too?

I hope you're not bringing it (the cat) for trading stock.

Ed

Speaking of trading, I will have a few things to swap, sell, or just let folks shoot if they would like.

What are the rest of you bringing? Odds & ends?

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 02/28/14.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Strange thing...I sent out two PM's (had to, the system would not allow more than 23 people on a PM) with the address and my contact info and have only heard from folks in one of the PM's. It's as if the second PM never went or was never received...

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and have only heard from folks in one of the PM's.

I only got one, which was what you planned, I guess. miles

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Same here Ed. Only one received.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Strange thing...I sent out two PM's (had to, the system would not allow more than 23 people on a PM) with the address and my contact info and have only heard from folks in one of the PM's. It's as if the second PM never went or was never received...

Ed

That's a rough way to find out you've pissed off a whole bunch of folks.

On the bright side, you now know who your friends are. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570

That's a rough way to find out you've pissed off a whole bunch of folks.

On the bright side, you now know who your friends are. grin

I guess so. blush grin Evidently the PM did go out as kaywoodie is in the second group PM.

I was hoping to put everyone on a single PM to avoid duplication, or worse, that I would fail to pass on some detail to one group or the other. With roughly forty people coming and the system only allowing 23 people in a single PM, I had to break it into two parts.

The folks in the two PM's were segregated by pure chance and random association. I don't love one group over the other. grin

As I mentioned on the PM's, I will collate the information and put it on this thread so everyone will know where we are in the planning and events and we can fill in the blanks.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
This is the information we have at this point;

ltppowell, BrotherBart, milespatton, stxhunter, and Oldman2003 & his bride, are all coming in early Friday. CCCC & his bride as well as Wtxj are coming in around midday Friday. RIO7 is coming in on Thursday(?).

Curdog4570 is bringing his fish-fryer and we MIGHT have a fish fry Friday night, but so far the fishing is not paying off, so we will have to plan for an alternate Friday night supper. Maybe burgers & hot dogs?

Wtxj, tex_n_cal, and milespatton are bringing & cooking eggs, bacon, and pork sausage for breakfasts on Saturday & Sunday.

Oldman2003 & his bride are bringing 2 sacks of crawfish with potatoes & corn for lunch Saturday (we'll have to supplement this with something as this will only feed ~25 people) and the cookers to handle this. They are also bringing a gallon of sweet tea and a gallon of unsweetened tea.

Pat and Bart are bringing / cooking brisket and stxhunter is picking up shrimp, so it will be "surf & turf" for Saturday supper. Bart is also making potato salad.

I am cooking a big pot of pintos (red beans to you Texicans and Cajuns, frijoles for our more southern bretheren) and making a large batch of pico-de-gallo. My bride is cooking a large pot of one of her fabulous soups/stews.

We have a 28 cup electric coffee maker and a 12 cup percolator. milespatton is bringing his 12 cup percolator and a Coleman stove to make coffee on. If this gathering is anything like the others I've attended, we will need more that this. grin At the Quemado Gathering last summer, we had 42 people and kept four 12 cup percolators (with two carafes for buffer) going full bore from 06:00 'til about 10:00 each morning. We will have tea (proper English Tetley tea as my wife is English) and hot water for cocoa.

There is an organic dairy about five miles from our place, so I will pick up some whole milk and REAL cream for those who like that in their coffee or to drink.

CCCC is bringing paper plates and forks, spoons, and knives.

I have a couple of coolers that we can put ice in, but it would be nice to have a couple more to ice down bottled water, sodas, and beer (if anyone drinks the stuff grin ).

We will need condiments, sweeteners for coffee & tea, paper towels / napkins, chips, pickles, bread of some sort (flour tortillas work well for most things), buns, onions, tomatoes, & lettuce if we have burgers on Friday night (and Saturday lunch if we go that route), cookies, breakfast pastries for the non-egg eaters, and maybe a pie or two for dessert.

Wtxj is going to make a Dutch Oven cobbler for dessert Saturday night, and Oldman2003's wife is bringing a cake.

Bring any specialized food/beverages you may want, and a healthy appetite for fun, fellowship, camaraderie, and friendly competition.

Oh and guns & ammo and traditional archery gear and a spring BB gun such as a Daisy Red Ryder for the Red Ryder Shoot Off. We WILL be shooting.

Another thing, we will also have a swap meet, so bring anything you might want to sell, trade, barter, give away, or just show off.

We're going to have fun! laugh

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will have an Ice chest with some water and beer in it and I might could round up some catfish (maybe fresh depending on weather) if need be. Frozen catfish would be better than none. We can decide later what we want to do on that. I will have some peppers to go with the beans, if Gene will leave the alone. grin miles

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by milespatton
I will have an Ice chest with some water and beer in it and I might could round up some catfish (maybe fresh depending on weather) if need be. Frozen catfish would be better than none. We can decide later what we want to do on that. I will have some peppers to go with the beans, if Gene will leave the alone. grin miles

Gene will leave the beans alone. Beans (pintos aka red beans) are meant to be left alone. Water, beans, and salt pork. Anything else can be a condiment, added to each individual's serving. I prefer fresh diced onions and unsweetened corn bread.

If we have fish, we will also need fries. I can make coleslaw.

Ed

Page 24 of 39 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,517
Posts18,509,595
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.