Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Menefee did me up some blades of this new 12 Ga. knife. And I plan on putting handles on the other 2,of the 3,simply stamped "V"

Now a ways back,Rick built my wife a really gorgeous little English Quill knife as a paring knife,hafted in curly maple. She loves it. More recently I have been on a maple kick,so I decided to put together a set to go with my wife's Menefee Quill parer. I'm not trying to match the wood,instead have a few varieties of the blonde colored maple.
So I put small pins in this one ,kinda to match,it is figured birdseye maple. I have one of my Yankee Huckster Santoku's in the works,I'll add a "steak" knife (like a mini French chef,I think you guys know the knife by now) , and a boning knife of some sort,and I have a T.Bose NKCA parer from that project. What a set ,I'm excited ,my wife thinks I'm nuts & she has every right to think that.

Now if anyone is interested in a "12 Ga." collab. contact me. I have decent sheaths to go with them (not Parsons,sorry) 2 are available with no handles yet,you could choose

I also will be doing a group buy on the "steak" knives coming soon,too. Since they fit in a small box,have a small handle,they'll be priced less than the Yankee Huckster Santoku.

So have a great game day guys,without more wind here is my creation for this morning,pictured with the Menefee quill.
For the guys who can't stick with this much reading,sorry,you can just look at the pics if you want.

[Linked Image]

Now the figure on this side is not as nice,had I thought it out better,I probably could've "flipped the scale for a better match. These are "book matched" and sometimes on real figured wood & burls,it makes no difference. Oh well,live n learn

[Linked Image]

Top ,I got a nice taper from butt to front,and a great radius spine to edge

[Linked Image]

Bottom,I brought the scales forward & made a little finger spot there
[Linked Image]

To me this knife pattern is nicer than the 16 Bore, I like the blade profile better
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love the blade profile.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Vince, looks great!

VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Fella's. I plan on doing the pins & tube , the regular way I did these pins like this to kinda match my wife's knife ,plus it is a kitchen knife I got it razor screamin' sharp

VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have one left,fixing to set it up this week with African Blackwood. Last call to claim it with possible other handle.

IC B2

VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VinceM
I have one left,fixing to set it up this week with African Blackwood. Last call to claim it with possible other handle.

Well,no one claimed African Blackwood soooooo.... Guess what ? Maple it is & some fancy maple,too. This is quarter sawn maple burl. Stabilized & "book matched"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/VCM3/My%20blade%20creations/DSCN8421_zpsc8e14785.jpg[/img]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thats a real beauty.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Man, you really are on a maple kick. At least it's ain't Amboynia. smile

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Looks like you found a stash of some figured maple. Pretty stuff.

S
S
That wood looks great on it.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 52 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,478
Posts18,508,683
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.