Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AB2506
I Emailed Jaret. He called me back a couple of hours later. Heck of a nice guy. He doesn't have any of the new harnesses, but he is sending me a new AGC pouch in True Timber.

I look forward to trying the new improved pouch soon. If not coyote calling, I'll be taking it to Africa in May.

http://alaskaguidecreations.com/blog/store/

This have served me well for about 5 years now. Good guy who likes to talk!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just picked up a bino pack from Jarret. Initial testing is very promising, I think I'm really gonna like it, time will tell.

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
FHF Bino Harness is the best for me after trying a bunch of others

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you get the compact or the full size from Jaret?

I really like the compact design. Small and full protection with 100% silent operation

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FHF gear harness for me. I ran the Crooked Horn elastic straps for years and recently picked up the FHF. I absolutely love that my glass is completely protected from dust to snow.

NRA member

Mill Creek Rifle Club member
DeSoto, KS
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have used the Crooked Horn straps, the Butler Creek set up and my own modifications to both.

I just got my hands on the AGC compact today and already like it much better than anything else I have used.

Very quick and easy to adjust and if adjusted correctly, it does not flop around.

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
- Abraham Lincoln, the Rail Splitter from Illinois.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use the Badlands bino vault with a rangefinder vault on the lower strap on the right side. I can't imagine a better or more convenient set-up.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by roundoak
I attached the Crooked Horn harness to a small Fieldline pack to protect my bino from inclement weather.

[Linked Image]

I did the same thing, and thought I was original! It is a great way to carry full size binoculars.

Last edited by Crowkiller; 04/03/14.

TANSTAAFL
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by AB2506
I Emailed Jaret. He called me back a couple of hours later. Heck of a nice guy. He doesn't have any of the new harnesses, but he is sending me a new AGC pouch in True Timber.

I look forward to trying the new improved pouch soon. If not coyote calling, I'll be taking it to Africa in May.

http://alaskaguidecreations.com/blog/store/

This have served me well for about 5 years now. Good guy who likes to talk!

I just got one of these in reg. size.I think it will be a winner
Tim

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaycee
I've wasted a lot of money on various harnesses only to find them VERY lacking. Then I found the Ultra-Light Bino Harness from Rick Young Outdoors. Where were these all my life??! They are AWSOME.

I always found the various nylon strapped harnesses very lacking, especially when I changed layers - if I had them set up for a heavy layer and took it off, the harness was too floppy and vise-versa, and it takes a while to adjust them properly. When leaning over, or climbing in steep or brushy country they hang down in your way. If set up for walking, they were invariably too long for driving and they flopped around.

The Rick Young harness is made of small diameter bungy, with one simple spring-loaded adjuster. At first I was very skeptical regarding the small diameter bungy cord - I thought it would dig in to my shoulders and be uncomfortable; or the adjuster would be uncomfortable under a pack; or the bungy would make for a bino sling-shot into the face, etc.. I was VERY pleasantly surprised - not only was the harness very comfortable, but they hold the binos very securely. And arguably the best part, they are instantly adjustable - now when you take off or put on a heavy layer of clothing, you can have them perfectly adjustable in about 3 seconds. Oh, one other awesome point - they only cost $19.95! I bought two, one for me and one for the wife.

Give these a try, you won't be disappointed. And no, I'm not an employee of Rick Young Outdoors.
They're $17 if you order 2 or more. My partner and I ordered a couple that haven't come yet. Either I'll owe you one or I'll 'owe' you one. grin

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore

Those do look nice and handy, think I will order one.

Very good reviews on a couple different forums that turned up in a quick search.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Great info. I run a Crooked Horn and Cabela's harness system, but I lack element protection with both sets. Looking to find a harness system that protects the glasses from the elements a little better.

Semper Fi
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I e-mailed KUIU yesterday to inquire if their website was up to date on availability. Most of their bino setups are backordered but supposedly they get shipments in every 3-6 weeks.

I've also been using the Crooked Horn system for about 10 years. Most of the time it is fine but can become mildly dangerous when riding horseback. That and there is no protection.

Looking to avoid this...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have tried several bino bras but found them too difficult when shedding/adding layers, especially while wearing a backpack. On the other hand I never liked that my binoculars flopped, sometimes onto my rifle scope. Or, if you have to crawl during a stalk, your binos are dragging the ground. After seeing Jaycee's comments above, I watched the video from Rick Young Outdoors about their Ultra-Light Bino Harness. That harness looks like the perfect solution for me. I had to order one, especially for the price $20. The video is here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kceBIK9_vjQ

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I e-mailed KUIU yesterday to inquire if their website was up to date on availability. Most of their bino setups are backordered but supposedly they get shipments in every 3-6 weeks.

I've also been using the Crooked Horn system for about 10 years. Most of the time it is fine but can become mildly dangerous when riding horseback. That and there is no protection.

Looking to avoid this...

[Linked Image]

Jesus Sam...someone sh_t on your binoculars!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Darktimber
I have tried several bino bras but found them too difficult when shedding/adding layers, especially while wearing a backpack. On the other hand I never liked that my binoculars flopped, sometimes onto my rifle scope. Or, if you have to crawl during a stalk, your binos are dragging the ground. After seeing Jaycee's comments above, I watched the video from Rick Young Outdoors about their Ultra-Light Bino Harness. That harness looks like the perfect solution for me. I had to order one, especially for the price $20. The video is here:

Yup, just got a couple of these a month of two ago, and I've been very happy so far! Great buy, and head and shoulders better than the bra-style harnesses!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have found KUIU's to be extremely convenient: light, comfortable to wear, and protective against dust or bad weather.
The best I have had so far.
Alvaro

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ipi bino manager was awesome but I do not believe sold anywhere any longer. The badlands is also quite nice and is what I have converted to.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone running the Sitka Bino Bivy?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Darktimber

Yup, just got a couple of these a month of two ago, and I've been very happy so far! Great buy, and head and shoulders better than the bra-style harnesses!

Thanks for the heads up. The video on his site shows the twisting of a conventional harness and the rats nest of pulling the dang things from a pack - both of which frustrate me - as does the layering/on/off thing. Soooo, one is on the way. smile
Thanks again.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (10gaugemag, 204guy, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,802 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,981
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.