E
Anybody get lucky

Nothing for my Boy and myself
Put in for spring Grizzly and Sheep
Oh well, lots of Black Bear around

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing for me but I never put in though smile Going to put in for grizz for the fall in the mean time I'm looking forward to going after blackies in a couple of months.

Gerry.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Drew 7-39 and my son got 7-38, wasn't our first choice though.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
As I am a fairly new resident to B.C. (I now have my C.O.R.E.) when will the applications for draws come out? I was hoping to get a mulie draw for this year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PSE;
Welcome to BC then sir - from a 30 year resident as of this spring. wink

Congratulations on getting your CORE done too, I've been involved with the program since '88 and have been a certified CORE Examiner since '89, so the program is near and dear to me. grin

If you keep on checking on this site here they keep it updated fairly well or should be anyway.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html

We keep on hearing that the whole LEH process will be going strictly online sooner than later too, so I'll be watching for that.

Currently one can go to any BC Government Agent or purveyor of Hunting Licences and purchase LEH applications, but as mentioned the persistent scuttlebutt seems to indicate a strictly online system is where they are headed.

Typically the draw itself is near the end of May by the way and the results are posted online by mid June most years.

Of course that can make it tough for those who need to book their time off work 6 months in advance, but that's the way it works here.

As well, we don't have a points system as such where one can accrue points towards an eventual positive outcome.

That's sorta too bad as one can put in until the proverbial cows come home and not get any closer for a preferred hunt, but that's what we've got to work with as of today.

Hopefully that was some use to you sir, good luck with your LEH applications and hunts and have a good week.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PSE
As I am a fairly new resident to B.C. (I now have my C.O.R.E.) when will the applications for draws come out? I was hoping to get a mulie draw for this year.

Dwayne covered it pretty well. Most Mule deer hunting in B.C. is just an over the counter tag, there are some areas where you can hunt does on LEH though. LEH time is just like Christmas for a hunter, looking forward to applying and even better my wife took her CORE and she should get her hunter number in time to apply this year. She told me she would like to apply for moose and elk this year. smile

Oh, and welcome to B.C.

Last edited by gerrygoat; 03/03/14.

Gerry.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 163bc, 10Glocks, 43 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,660
Posts18,512,866
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.