Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Rolly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Do any of you gun writers have any updates on powder supplies? I was just in a large Sportsman's Ware house in Mesa AZ looking for powder and they had a total of about 10 lbs, with no varieties that I needed. I visited another little shop in Globe AZ and he said he hasn't seen powder since this fall. This winter I was in the Cabela's store in Post Falls Idaho and they also have about 10 lbs total.
Shouldn't this dry spell for powder be about to wear itself out?

Rolly
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Let's hope the dry spell ends soon- was in Sportsmans Warehouse a couple of days ago, where I usually buy most of my powder. They had a grand total of 6 1 lb cans of varying stuff, nothing I wanted or needed.
I have been looking around for Ramshot Big Game now for 4 months, to no avail. It's easier to find factory ammo than it is to find components!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been finding primers and powder as of late. Last month. The primers came to 29.75 a K that's shipped with hazmat. Then I got an 8 pound keg of H110 for $125 out the door from a small dealer I know.

The greedy people just aren't getting the message and are doing everything they can to prolong this.

At the shot show this year one supplier shared some information he said he had hardly raised prices while he knew that wholesalers and retailers had substancial increases. He said that 2012 was a record year for them and that 2013 was way ahead of 2012.

People are doing everything in their power to point the finger and keep this going. They are filling their pockets at our expense. Remington has an unbelievable backlog for ammo and no plans to expand production I've heard of. I suspect a lot of others are in the same boat. When was the last word you got that one of favorite producers had plans to expand product even 20%. No profit is king.

NRA Lifetime Member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
I have been finding primers and powder as of late. Last month. The primers came to 29.75 a K that's shipped with hazmat. Then I got an 8 pound keg of H110 for $125 out the door from a small dealer I know.

The greedy people just aren't getting the message and are doing everything they can to prolong this.

At the shot show this year one supplier shared some information he said he had hardly raised prices while he knew that wholesalers and retailers had substancial increases. He said that 2012 was a record year for them and that 2013 was way ahead of 2012.

People are doing everything in their power to point the finger and keep this going. They are filling their pockets at our expense. Remington has an unbelievable backlog for ammo and no plans to expand production I've heard of. I suspect a lot of others are in the same boat. When was the last word you got that one of favorite producers had plans to expand product even 20%. No profit is king.

It is big money to start up another production line.That means hiring and having to pay for Obama Insurance and other benefits.its just not worth it when all of a sudden supply catches up to demand and you have extra people you no longer need.Of course profit is king.Selling at a loss does not keep you in biz very long.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remington just spent $32 million expanding ammo production at Lonoke.
http://www.remington.com/pages/news...emingtonexpandsammunitionoperations.aspx

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
One little shop in our area has a bunch, but it is 29.99/pound.. The Sportman's in Casper from what my pal tells me has had quite a bit though the winter.. But it depends on the day I guess what they left.

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I get screwed I like to enjoy it but I bent over and took it the other day. Bought two 1 lb cans of H4198 at 30.99 a can. Been looking for a while and just could not find it anywhere. Bastid dealer gave me some [bleep] that his price continues to go up. Bullshit, this dealer is known for his high prices. I hated it, but bought it anyway.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Let's hope the dry spell ends soon- was in Sportsmans Warehouse a couple of days ago, where I usually buy most of my powder. They had a grand total of 6 1 lb cans of varying stuff, nothing I wanted or needed.
I have been looking around for Ramshot Big Game now for 4 months, to no avail. It's easier to find factory ammo than it is to find components!

that is all they had on the shelf when I was in Sportsman's Locally last night... which means they have it within their system...

you can order it from Sportsman's on line and have it delivered to the store of your choice for no extra cost...

I'd check that out...

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Most (but not all) smokeless powder is imported into the U.S. Who knows if overseas powder factories feel any vast need to ramp up production because American shooters are panic buying yet again? My guess is they're happy to sell our various importers as much as they can, but haven't visited any powder factories in Australia, Sweden and Canada lately.

Plus, ammo production and sales are at all time highs, so a lot of powder is going there.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was at a gunshow today in Albany, Oregon. I saw some of the powders I need (Varget, Reloder 15) but it was all $45 per pound. Kiss my a$$, I said.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I was in BassPro in Denver earlier this week. They had no powder. Zero. Nada, Zilch. NONE.

On the other hand, they has a decent supply of .224 bullets including 52gr SMK's.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What about Black Sheep?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've seen varying amounts of powder on shelves the past few months. Appears Hodgdons ships aprox every six weeks with various powders available except Varget which I have plenty of. IMR powders show up at Cabela's every so often. I've also seen varying amounts of the RL series (except 15) at a local gun shop.

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
A local dealer told me he tried to get a shipment of VihtaVuori powder. He was told that VihtaVuori will no longer sell powder to the U.S. and the supplies that were in shipment already will be shipped back to Finland. Didn't make sense to him or me either but, that was what he was told.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I haven't kept up with the VV issue, if its true there's going to be a lot of unhappy benchrest shooters. I sold an unopen jug of 2007 133 last fall for $150, just my luck it might be worth its weight in gold. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've seen it on shelves lately. Mostly single #'s

Picked up some Retumbo and H110 the other day along with some primers.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I can get about any powder or primers I need. Not all the bullets, locally, but most of them. It's strange to see the differences from one locale to another.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I was in BassPro in Denver earlier this week. They had no powder. Zero. Nada, Zilch. NONE.

On the other hand, they has a decent supply of .224 bullets including 52gr SMK's.

The south Cabela's didn't have any as in none today, either.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Powder is not an issue here, average ~40 a pound. No Allient powder available.

Adalwolf
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Has anyone seen any Reloder 25 at all? I've got a thirsty 264 Win Mag that loves it. Would love to buy a 5lb jug of it for non-brain damage pricing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,492,022
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.