Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Powder, primer and rf ammo are well stocked in Queensland Oz so the export business is alive and well.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
unfortunatley Pharmseller, there will be 10 people behind you that will pay that price. It does indeed suck a$$...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only powders I'm having trouble finding is Varget and 4895.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Diamond D
Has anyone seen any Reloder 25 at all? I've got a thirsty 264 Win Mag that loves it. Would love to buy a 5lb jug of it for non-brain damage pricing.

Yep, LGS has had it listed on its powder board for about 3 Mos. Doesn't sell well around here, or they got a butt load of it.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see Rel 25 around here also , but no Varget

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bea175
The only powders I'm having trouble finding is Varget and 4895.

Keep an eye on Third Generation Shooting Supply. They've received shipments in the past, usually bought out by noon on the day it arrives.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't seen Varget in about 5 or 6 mos. Picked up a keg of it and Benchmark at the same time. The had some singles of H-4895 a couple of weeks ago, IMR-4895 has been consistent around here lately.

Last edited by Swifty52; 03/02/14.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It will show up sooner than later here . I keep watching Widener.
I purchased a few pound in the last couple of weeks here . 4 lb H335, 2 lb H322, 2 lb H110. I try to keep my stock up to date

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
My dealer is being told it may take up to four years to get back to where we were before SH.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CarolinaHunter
My dealer is being told it may take up to four years to get back to where we were before SH.

maybe for him

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see that CCI is adding production capacity - http://www.cci-ammunition.com/education/faqs.aspx

I heard that Aquila is adding capacity too.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mailmanmark
unfortunatley Pharmseller, there will be 10 people behind you that will pay that price. It does indeed suck a$$...

Proof there is a DF born every day!

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Diamond D
Has anyone seen any Reloder 25 at all? I've got a thirsty 264 Win Mag that loves it. Would love to buy a 5lb jug of it for non-brain damage pricing.

Yep, LGS has had it listed on its powder board for about 3 Mos. Doesn't sell well around here, or they got a butt load of it.

Do you know if that shop would ship any? If so, please PM me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it gets any worst I might have to grind coal to fill the cases.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
I haven't kept up with the VV issue, if its true there's going to be a lot of unhappy benchrest shooters. I sold an unopen jug of 2007 133 last fall for $150, just my luck it might be worth its weight in gold. grin

Ouch, might have to use mine to trade... have a bit over 40 pounds at last glance, glad I stocked up on it at that time.

Why are they not selling to us? Obama or Holder?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rost495
I haven't kept up with the VV issue, if its true there's going to be a lot of unhappy benchrest shooters. I sold an unopen jug of 2007 133 last fall for $150, just my luck it might be worth its weight in gold. grin

Ouch, might have to use mine to trade... have a bit over 40 pounds at last glance, glad I stocked up on it at that time.

The ownership of the powder manufacturing plant changed hands.

IIRC an 8lb keg was going for over $180 not counting the hazmet fee.

J
Joe Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rost495

We are clueless and can only guess. I feel certain that the U.S. is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest user of handloader powder. When he told the lady that a lot of his customers used their powder for major pistol and this would leave them high and dry, she wasn't sympathetic at all. After this conversation, he tried all of his distributors without finding any who had pistol powder. It's crazy.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I haven't been able to find any confirmation of this VV rumor on the Internet, but do know which company was the U.S. distributor a year ago, and will check with them tomorrow.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I haven't seen anything newer than
It�s official. Representatives of Lapua announced at SHOT Show 2014 that Nammo has purchased Vihtavuori, acquiring the �VV� line of propellants, and, most importantly, taking over Vihtavuori�s powder production facility in Vihtavuori, Finland.

This means that Vihtavuori is now officially under the Nammo umbrella as is Lapua, producer of brass, bullets, and loaded ammunition. Lapua engineer Tommi Tuuri has visited the Vihtavuori plant in person. Tommi says all operations are going well and the plant is running at normal capacity (but Nammo does plan some upgrades in the months ahead). Vihtavuori powders will continue to be imported into the United States as before and the powders will be made available through existing distribution channels.
Emphasis added.

At least one native Finnish speaker thought the Finnish was a little off on the news release videos but otherwise looks OK to me. I'd look to Hodgdon and to Graf as best bets for future orders but what do I know. Looking around I notice Brownell's has no VV powders but is currently accepting backorders. For one thing or another I have had some very long delayed backorders at Brownell's but it's one way to place an order and be pleasantly surprised when it eventually shows.

I'm taking it as a given that in general full production of about everything is proceeding (things are coming and going again fast on GunBot and Powder Valley's facebook page is hyperactive) BUT I'm predicting/expecting some real changes in labeling (maybe as contracts expire or vary). When the powder sells itself the marketing dynamics and value added by repackaging intermediaries is just maybe lessened. The maker may want to recapture the reseller's share of the sale. Maybe when the reseller sold out the actual maker saw a jump in orders and will fill its own direct backorders before the reseller's orders are filled. Maybe not - maybe the maker will figure it's a good time to build a solid relationship against the time the market changes again.

Last edited by ClarkEMyers; 03/02/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From what I understand, Viht got caught just before demand spiked in the US. Look, now Nammo is planning to add capacity!

Seems like this ought to be worked out by now.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,590
Posts18,492,128
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.