Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,311 of 1,842 1 2 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Howdy Kevin, thanks for the nice post and intro.

That's a fantastic buck you got in the back of the Ford there.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
welcome Kevin! sorry to hear about your mom, I'll send a prayer up for her. nice buck you got in the back there too. don't be shy now that you've introduced yourself

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
GG,

Up in Sullivan county not too far from Worlds End State Park.
Been going up there my whole life. Its funny you say Clearfield My wif is from Indiana County right next door.

Last edited by Dv8uagain; 03/03/14.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Howdy Kevin, thanks for the nice post and intro.

That's a fantastic buck you got in the back of the Ford there.

Thanks Dave! It didn't dawn on me that deer was in the back of my uncles truck right smack in the middle of the truck questions lol. Had to put him in there as he wouldn't fit in the trunk of the Mustang...

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks again everyone for the prayers and warm welcome. It's funny when reading this thread for so long it's like you know everyone lol. As for the buck that's my first one since 1997 and what a pain getting him out of the woods. Would have been nice to score him in the driveway or something but that's not how I do things. I made damn sure he was as far away as possible and as high up the mountain as I could go even had to row him in a boat for 300 yards or so...

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Nice deer Kevin. I know what you mean about feeling you know everyone. I read the whole thread before I even registered. I have been there with the situation with your mother. I lost my dad to lung cancer about 10 years ago. They were going to remove half a lung and thought he would be fine, but he had a stroke and they had to do other procedures first. By the time they got around to the lung surgery the cancer had advanced to the point surgery could not save him. I will tell you you need to look into Hospice care. Dad spent his last two months in a Hospice center in Zanesville, Oh. Those people are fabulous. they take care of the patient and really support the family as well.can't say enough good things about them. Hang in there. It isn't easy but there is help out there.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So Dave ! Any projects your working on ?

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Pretty funny Dave... way before I found this thread I was reading about your RR over at bbodiesonly. Cant forget that art work on there when you got it... I read Propwash's thread on his rebuild and and found a link to here then was surprised as I was reading through this coming across your daughters Mustang and your RR which I read about like a couple years ago. Then getting to those parts of this thread and putting it all together lol.
I am a fan of the E body cars mostly 70 Challenger's but don't have to room to rebuild one at the moment. I have an 07 Mustang GT with a bunch of goodies on it in the garage and am looking at a 13 GT500 or 11/12 Z06.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh yeah well my old lady has a antique organ !

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mule1
Does she decorate it with tulips? whistle

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

LOL Gotta get it in before we attempt to have kids. After that I'll probably have to ride my bike or something HAHAHA!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Does she decorate it with tulips? whistle

occasionally, not nearly as much as asked though wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dv8uagain

LOL Gotta get it in before we attempt to have kids.

hell aint nothing wrong with the "attempt" part. it's when you get it that you have to start saving and budgeting, kids are spendy! we spend over 7 grand a year on daycare alone.

take your rent/mortgage payment and match it into a separate account. once you can do that without missing it you're "ready" for kids. the kicker is they come when you're not ready, and you make it work. I love mine with all my heart and wouldn't change a thing. I don't even think about the "stuff" I could buy with what I spend on them a month, a new truck won't call you daddy and climb up in your lap and kiss you goodnight. wink life is what happens when you're busy making plans.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Bill_55
Nice deer Kevin. I know what you mean about feeling you know everyone. I read the whole thread before I even registered. I have been there with the situation with your mother. I lost my dad to lung cancer about 10 years ago. They were going to remove half a lung and thought he would be fine, but he had a stroke and they had to do other procedures first. By the time they got around to the lung surgery the cancer had advanced to the point surgery could not save him. I will tell you you need to look into Hospice care. Dad spent his last two months in a Hospice center in Zanesville, Oh. Those people are fabulous. they take care of the patient and really support the family as well.can't say enough good things about them. Hang in there. It isn't easy but there is help out there.
Bill

Thanks Bill, Definitely will need to look into hospice. When my father in law was suffering from Parkinsons and alzheimers they were a blessing up until his passing. We Live in Philadelphia and her parents were out by Pittsburgh so we were making that drive ever 2 to 3 weeks and it was insane. My moms is only 10 minutes away which makes it easier but with a demanding job its still tough.

As for the deer he wasn't a very smart one. In hopes of saving my non existent reputation here I will say when I missed him the first time he didn't even look up when the gun went off. We'll just say he was close enough that I probably could have hit him with the butt of the gun.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Any you boys runnin a late model F-150? If so, what kind of gas mileage are you getting? Had an Expedition with a 5.4 and I might as well had direct deposit go to the gas station. Anything to avoid?

Momma is fed up with all the Tahoe bills lately. Especially when it comes at the cost of new carpeting for you know who. Never had a pick-up before because I've always needed an enclosed cabin for business - still do. Plus, I'm not sure if my knees can take crawling around in the back. What cartilage I have left is like kneeling on gravel. But I took a look at one of those Lariats and they sure are purty. whistle

I had my 2011 with the 5.0l V-8 and let me tell you...it ain't your daddy's 302! 365hp and 17mpg combined. I sniffed 20mpg but never quite got it there. I got 19.9 several times hand calc'd on the highway driving the speed limit.

It's nothing like the 5.4's I've had.

As far as needing the covered cargo, I've always had a topper and don't see myself having a truck without one. You have the cab for people and the back for "whatever". You can get some fancy ones with carpet and LED lights if you want to.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
a new truck won't call you daddy and climb up in your lap and kiss you goodnight. wink life is what happens when you're busy making plans.

No but with a properly placed craigslist ad, you can find what you're looking for. wink

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Dv8uagain

LOL Gotta get it in before we attempt to have kids.

hell aint nothing wrong with the "attempt" part. it's when you get it that you have to start saving and budgeting, kids are spendy! we spend over 7 grand a year on daycare alone.

take your rent/mortgage payment and match it into a separate account. once you can do that without missing it you're "ready" for kids. the kicker is they come when you're not ready, and you make it work. I love mine with all my heart and wouldn't change a thing. I don't even think about the "stuff" I could buy with what I spend on them a month, a new truck won't call you daddy and climb up in your lap and kiss you goodnight. wink life is what happens when you're busy making plans.

Ryan the attempting part is the best part it's all that craziness after that worries me LOL. I am trying to "convince" her that a baby seat will in fact fit in a vette so that won't be an issue lol. I am terrified of having kids just because I don't want them to be little me's running around. I kid with her saying I am definitely not sharing my childhood with some other brat

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by tzone
a new truck won't call you daddy and climb up in your lap and kiss you goodnight. wink life is what happens when you're busy making plans.

No but with a properly placed craigslist ad, you can find what you're looking for. wink

No doubt Tom! Just gotta hope it ain't no "he" that responds lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thought you said you were a newlywed, why would you be placing CL ads?

you'd be surprised, I was the last one who wanted little "me's" running around. once I had em, it's the perfect way to atone, by teaching them what NOT to do. besides, they are fun as hell.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
thought you said you were a newlywed, why would you be placing CL ads?

you'd be surprised, I was the last one who wanted little "me's" running around. once I had em, it's the perfect way to atone, by teaching them what NOT to do. besides, they are fun as hell.

LOL Tom's placing the ad's not me. After getting all my brewing equipment this past summer she monitors my toy purchases lol

Page 1,311 of 1,842 1 2 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 444Matt, Anaconda, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 8 invisible), 1,481 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.