Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time to ramp up the German army.

Only this time, tell'em to remember to pack their warm clothes. Oh, and try not to kill so many Jews this time, it's bad for their image.

We might also want to redeploy what A-10's we have left to the Fulda Gap area, just in case...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Steelhead
This thread needs a Bible quote or three...

"O Lord our Father, our young patriots, idols of our hearts, go forth to battle - be Thou near them! With them, in spirit, we also go forth from the sweet peace of our beloved firesides to smite the foe. O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it - for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. AMEN."

WOW

Did YOU write that ?

If not, who.

Kudos,....it gets right down to the basics.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/03/14.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hmmmm....seems I do recall that 'The Bear' still has nukes!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Putin has some of the same characteristics as Hitler. Both are evil, Godless opportunists. Let's see if bammy give back everything Reagan gained.

The problem isn't really Crimea or eastern Ukraine, per se.
The Russians will secure their only warm water port at Sevastopol for the navy.
But the weakness and ill advised policies the US is engaged in is what is sending the wrong message, not only to Putin but a few other bad apples. Such as, China which is claiming part of the South China Sea and 5 islands. They have designs for Taiwan too.
Bassar in Syria is being supported by Putin so this emboldens him to put down the opposition and forget turning in the chemical weapons.
The nut job in N. Korea is watching.
In Venezuela, Maduro (sp) is being assisted by 5,000+ thugs sent from Cuba.
So there is a ripple effect that other tyrants are watching what the "west" does.
Putin is old guard KGB while Obama is a "community organizer".
Puting is playing 3 dimensional chess, Obama is working on tic tac toe.
Reagan projected peace thru strength plus he had a healthy economy. This ultimately brought down the Soviet Union in 1991.
Obama is an apologist for his country, is unilaterally disarming and has a poor economy.
Putin has shown us he too has a pen and a phone and is willing to use them.
Obama, just missed another 2:00 a.m. phone call.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 03/03/14.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

glad to see that someone else is on top of this.

....admittedly more MY concern than troubled and bloody ground half a planet over.

If we're looking for "Freedom Fighters" to support, it might not be a bad idea to look closer to home.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Time to ramp up the German army.

Only this time, tell'em to remember to pack their warm clothes. Oh, and try not to kill so many Jews this time, it's bad for their image.

We might also want to redeploy what A-10's we have left to the Fulda Gap area, just in case...

Diese?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X5XKDyPmraw

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BarryC
About the only option we have without getting into a costly war is to blockade the Black Sea at Bosphorus Strait and the Gulf of Finland. I guess we could try to blockade the Sea of Okhotsk too.

But to blockade you have to be willing to sink ships.

If you want to hurt Russian, you don't blockade the Sea of O, you blockade the Tsushima Straits, cutting off access to Vladivostok. Vlad is Russians largest shipping port. It sits at the end of the Siberian Railway, which runs all the way to Moscow and feeds imported materials to Russian Industry.

Of course, that would mean a real war with a nuclear armed opponent, without any truly compelling US interests at stake.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When this Ukrainian mess broke I remembered what a college professor of mine who had escaped the USSR once said, "Once KGB always KGB."

To make Colonel in the KGB you had to be smart and ruthless. Putin is both and right now he is playing Obama and Western Europe like a bass fiddle.

I was not surprised to see Russia move on the Crimea because having secure access to the Black Sea has been a major Russian priority for well over 200 years.

There was NO way Putin was going risk that access and the Russian naval bases on the Crimean Peninsula on the uncertainty of Ukrainian politics.

I am pretty certain that the rest of military posturing/threatening is mainly to let the Ukraine and the rest of Western Europe know that the old Russian Bear still has some teeth and claws left and don't screw with Vlad too much.

The only way a big time shooting war breaks out will be if Putin moves beyond the Ukraine proper to threaten Poland or Germany or if Obama and his bunch get so butt hurt by Putin's bitch slapping that they do something really stupid like mounting a military action to assuage their bruised feelings.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kennyd
Just let them have Crimea, and the east. Don't I vaguely remember someone who was let have "just" the portion of Poland that was in question?

The Sudetenland was in Czechoslovakia, not Poland.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

glad to see that someone else is on top of this.

....admittedly more MY concern than troubled and bloody ground half a planet over.

If we're looking for "Freedom Fighters" to support, it might not be a bad idea to look closer to home.

GTC

+1

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
When this Ukrainian mess broke I remembered what a college professor of mine who had escaped the USSR once said, "Once KGB always KGB."

To make Colonel in the KGB you had to be smart and ruthless. Putin is both and right now he is playing Obama and Western Europe like a bass fiddle.

I was not surprised to see Russia move on the Crimea because having secure access to the Black Sea has been a major Russian priority for well over 200 years.

There was NO way Putin was going risk that access and the Russian naval bases on the Crimean Peninsula on the uncertainty of Ukrainian politics.

I am pretty certain that the rest of military posturing/threatening is mainly to let the Ukraine and the rest of Western Europe know that the old Russian Bear still has some teeth and claws left and don't screw with Vlad too much.

The only way a big time shooting war breaks out will be if Putin moves beyond the Ukraine proper to threaten Poland or Germany or if Obama and his bunch get so butt hurt by Putin's bitch slapping that they do something really stupid like mounting a military action to assuage their bruised feelings.

Absolutely dead on.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

That request is as relevant to the issue as suggesting we do something to support the Ukraine...but more likely to bear fruit.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Anyone remember Clint Eastwood's skit with the empty chair at the Republican convention..............?

Dirty Harry tried to point out Obozo's qualifications.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

There was NO way Putin was going risk that access and the Russian naval bases on the Crimea Peninsula on the uncertainty of Ukrainian politics.

very good analysis sir

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

You'd better dig out your geography books. Russia already has several big ports all around the Black Sea as well as The Sea of Azov.

This is strickly a land grab with guns.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One thing that could be done is to supply the Western Ukrainians with weapons for a guerrilla war. Just like we did for the Afghans. We also should bring up the fact that Russia murdered 10 million Ukrainians and the people should fight to prevent them from doing that again.

[Linked Image from ]
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If you're talking about the dead from the Holomodor, I've seen numbers ranger from 5-13 million that were starved to death.

My wifes grandfather saw his neighbors whole family shot because they withheld a few kilo's of honey for their own use. All food was to be sent north to Russia.

Stalin wasn't a nice guy.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Ukraine certainly is not worth going to war over...

Russia feels the need to protect their interests, that far away it is none of our business...

When is our nation going to learn to quit trying to save nations when half or more of their population could care less one way or the other....

Sambo and Kerry can't even take care of domestic issues...what the hell are they doing sticking their nose into other nations business that they can't do a thing about beyond complaining...

yet in one fail swoop, they piss off the Russians and the Israelis all in the same day...

The nut house is certainly being ran by the idiots...

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by AkMike1
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

You'd better dig out your geography books. Russia already has several big ports all around the Black Sea as well as The Sea of Azov.

This is strickly a land grab with guns.

Bingo!!! shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 444Matt, Anaconda, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 8 invisible), 1,481 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.