Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I would not use Pay Pal under any circumstances. The commie bastards can go to Hell as far as I'm concerned. So, please stop the Pay Pal comments. Will give it a few more days guys...but I'm not hopeful since the buyer dropped all communication as soon as MO arrived. powdr

GB1

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
For those complaining about Paypal, it is a secure means to transfer funds and if you use your checking account or CC to pay through them... They are not your last line of defense, Your bank is! Believe me your bank WILL take your side in a non receipt case but you have to use your checking or your private CC and NOT bill me later. I had this happen and went to my bank and told them that Paypal would not return my money and I didn't receive the goods I paid for and they said "The funds are back in your account, now". They don't care about reversing a charge on Paypal and will take your side.

I prefer anymore using Quickpay with Chase. A lot of people bank with them and with a telephone number or email you can send funds, securely.

Again, If you are ever screwed by paypal, take it to your bank and you will get a fair shake! DOES NOT MATTER ABOUT PAYPAL's POLICY ON FIREARMS!! your bank is your savior!

Last edited by INRecordBookBuck; 03/04/14.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Then dont keep repeating the same actions expecting different results. Its pretty much just that simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's the problem when you can still [bleep] over paypal if they pull some stunt? The bank does not care if it's paypal or a vendor. If you don't get what you ordered, the bank steps up. Good way to get over on paypal too.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by powdr
2/26 is the correct date for them receiving the MO. Full communication till the day the MO arrived...nothing since. powdr

I had a deal one time where the guy ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks the day my money order arrived. I'm really glad I didn't jump the gun.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
powdr,

Have you talked to Alaska Cub? It sounds like he could be a great help with all his connections in Blanding.

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm going to give it till Friday or next Monday...sending emails everyday to see if the other party will respond. Cub for sure is my best bet so far. powdr

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatever happened to bricktop

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just let me know if you need any help, it's only a phone call away. Blanding is too small to not be known!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck
For the only been 5 day crowd.

When I sell something online. I send a confirmation about receiving the funds and the day I expect to ship on the day it is received. If I plan to take a long weekend, I make sure to communicate that with the buyer. I expect the same, when I buy! I consider it proper business methods.
If someone passed or an emergency comes up, most people have phones in there pocket to send a quick message as to there being a delay.

That's how I do it also. Communicate the whole way through.

IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Each time I see this thread come up, my knee-jerk reaction is you want "Advice on being taken"? Best way to get taken is to get married. 8^ )

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Just as I figured on the USPS vs PayPal. Pick the better of the two evils. I guess I have been lucky. Only time I got short changed was by a guy that I considered a friend. Told him I would take the package, but it would take me a bit to get funds together. I did put a date on when I would get funds to him. Got funds to him on said date. Package was shipped. I was shorted about $250-350 in "extras" that were listed in the package deal.
My biggest mistake was, all of it was verbal on the phone as we usually talked at least once a week. I used a personal check rather than a mo. I was told by the postmaster to keep all emails until package arrives on things of this nature.
Now I do ALL transactions with email and use USPS money orders. Mail fraud is federal and if convicted you are a felon and your gun days legally are over.
The pita is staying on top of things even if you end up being out funds and items. Most folks will not pursue very far or very long.
Lost a nice leupold scope several years back using a USPS mo. Mailed it and the guy never received it. He just thought I bagged him and sold the glass. About 3 months later the mo shows up in the envelope that had been opened and taped shut. He apologized for selling the glass and not contacting me. I had a lot of stuff going on and had forgotten a out it. He sent the mo back to me it had been signed but not by him. I had to jump through hoops to get my money back on that deal.
I try to give folks plenty of time as the USPS service is not near what it was years back. Though I do hate when messages don't get returned.
Jeff

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (1beaver_shooter, 270cowboy, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 50 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,126
Posts18,523,060
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.