Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#8528392 01/30/14
Iclimb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have a couple more actin levels. I'll sell them below my cost and ship them to you, can't beat that. Had these made and a couple people backed out. These are machined bar stock so you're assured to have a flat surface to set your level. It slides in and sets on your bolt raceways. They fit everything from a ruger RCM up to the savage magnum actions. I

It's recommended to level your action prion to leveling your scope, when mounting an optic. Due to Inaccuracy (possibility) in the mounting holes for your base, you can see un level acion when leveling off the base. Also in my experience it's hard to find a level surface with the scope sitting in the rings. For this reason I prefer to utilize an known "flat" surface of the action to level my rifle. I've messed with those 3 level gizmos and I often still can't find a spot of confidence to level off of.

Here are some pics. Price is $35 tyd. (Level not included) I have two at this price. If you want another after the two pm and I'll get you one made. They'll be around $55 I have a couple changes to these and they are going to cost a little more.
Thanks,
Jake
This shows a remington action, it shows level but when I gauged off the scope base it shows it not being level
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here is a savage install of a scope and an ant can't indicator. Worked slick!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Then confirmed it all with a plumb-line
[Linked Image]

Rem. Install
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/a...f4ab5c36e139227c17_zps11baaa57.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Iclimb; 01/30/14.

If at first you don't succeed; shoot, shoot again
GB1

Iclimb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Iclimb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Want to let us in on the changes to the new ones? Help us decide which we want. Thanks buddy for offering these. I defiantly will be buying one.

Randy Smith
Iclimb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'll be adding a little to the over all length. I also plan on machining 1/2 to a wider width than what this one is. I've had some suggestion that this width is not wide enough for the magnum 700's and the savage's. While it is "loose" in them, it still sits on the rails and is fully functional (personally I haven't experienced a problem). I settled on this width in order to accommodate the smallest actions, and make it a viable tool for multiple rifles. Also to reduce the machining thereby less $ involved. After some discussion with another member who purchased one I decided to make the above changes. I'm also debating whether not to Duracoat them I probably won't because I feel multiple sliding in and out of the action will scrape the duracoat off. I may try a couple if somebody's interested to see what happens.
Honestly this is not my total line of work I just had one made up and liked the use of it. I thought I'd offer to some other people. If people have suggestions that we can build a good product, I'm all ears.
I've Found other uses for this, than just leveling the action. when I bed my scope bases I slide it into the action to keep debris out and some other uses.

I deleted the PMs with people I sold to, but I had a few members purchase them, haven't heard any negatives so...

IC B2

Iclimb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Iclimb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Up

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one of these. Works better than the other gadgets I have used.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will take one of the existing if it is still available. Please PM payment details.
Thanks,
Bill

Bill
NRA Patron life member.
RMEF
Iclimb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
One left at $35
Pm'd you Bill

Mclevla,
Thanks, hope you'r finding it useful.

I'm coming up with an Overall length gauge that will be able to be used with your own supplied brass. Fired specifically in your rifle. Searing depth is essential for setting up highly precise loads for shooting at range

IC B3

Iclimb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Up

Iclimb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Up

Iclimb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Up

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll take one for $35 shipped if it's still available. PM sent.

�A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.�
~George Washington

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I will take one off the new ones if it will work in the smaller actions. PM sent

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,284
Posts18,486,844
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.