Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
He's been a good friend for years. This is hard to imagine.
OTOH, the girl involved is maybe 10 or 12 and they recently adopted her. She came from a messy situation and it's not out of the question that she could be inventing this. It's happened before.

FILER - A 53-year-old Filer man was in court Monday to face charges of what prosecutors called "egregious conduct" against a pre-teen girl.

Robert Thornley Williams was arraigned on three counts of lewd conduct against a child younger than 16 and one count of sexual abuse of a child younger than 16.

The Twin Falls County Sheriff's Office investigated the alleged abuse Feb. 27 after being notified by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.

A report by deputies says Williams raped the child at his Twin Falls County home twice between July and February. Williams also touched the girl in a sexual manner and forced her to engage in sex acts with an animal, the report says.

In an interview, the girl told police she had deleted nude pictures of herself from Williams' phone, the report says.

At Williams' arraignment Monday, Twin Falls County Deputy Prosecutor Rosemary Emory asked Magistrate Judge Calvin Campbell to set Williams' bail at $1 million.

Williams' attorney, Keith Roark, said that no more than a $5,000 bail would be necessary to secure his client's appearance at all court hearings.

Roark said the girl in the case previously made similar allegations and later withdrew them.

Both Roark and Emory noted that Williams has no criminal history, just traffic violations.

Campbell set Williams' bond at $500,000. By Tuesday morning, Williams had not posted bond.

If convicted, lewd conduct carries a maximum penalty of life in prison. Child sexual abuse carries a maximum of 25 years in prison. The possible penalties create a flight risk, Campbell said.

Campbell issued a no-contact order between Williams and the girl and between Williams and anyone younger than 18.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled March 14 in Twin Falls County Magistrate Court.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is he married?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yes and the girl is one they recently adopted. My wife talked briefly to his wife this morning. We're of the opinion that the girl is lying but we have no facts to back that up. All we can do is pray that the truth comes out. If he did it, he needs to hang. If not, he needs to be completely exonerated.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you seem like a good neighbor to me Rock Chuck

hope justice triumphs, nada worse than a man that will abuse a child to satisfy their needs

but close to it is the lil chits that make the stuff up when it ain't true

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Sad, but kids that grow up like that know how to work the system.

Get his cell phone and do a forensics study. If the pictures were simply deleted they can be recovered by someone that knows what they are doing. If they are not there, chances are she is lying.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Sad, but kids that grow up like that know how to work the system.

Get his cell phone and do a forensics study. If the pictures were simply deleted they can be recovered by someone that knows what they are doing. If they are not there, chances are she is lying.

true but then we also had guy here that didnt get caught until he was in his 70's cause he preyed on the "bad kids" that no one believed or that he could bully into silence.....he finally messed with a "good kid" and got caught...but he left a trail over 40 years long of molesting kids....shocked the hell out of the town cause the guy was heavily involved in the schools, coaching and in many service organizations....

Last edited by rattler; 03/06/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Tough case, sure hope that your neighbor is innocent.

This crap does happen often though. My brother, about the same age as your neighbor, is awaiting his trial for being caught in a Craigslist sting offering up a 12 year old girl.

People guilty of this evil need to be taken out of society.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rattler
....shocked the hell out of the town cause the guy was heavily involved in the schools, coaching and in many service organizations....

Reason for suspicion not shock.

Pedophiles have to go where there are children.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah but the town is full of guys that fit that description that arent touching kids.....and like i said he didnt get caught till in his 70's in a town of 2,500 people....not like he was operating in a big city where he could easily hide in plain sight....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
My wife got a bit more info from the wife. She said that recently her husband caught the girl trying to have sex with their dog. He came down kind of heavy on her and now she wants revenge.

Please pray for the real truth to come out before some innocent person takes it in the neck. This is going to get really nasty.
My wife and I are of the opinion that the girl is lying. She wasn't up for adoption for nothing.

BTW - this is a Christian couple who tried to help a girl in need. That's no guarantee that he didn't do it, of course. There have been many so-called Christians who have done some very evil things.

― George Orwell

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this is one of the main reasons my wife and decided not to be foster parents.

A child so desperate to get back to whoever could say you abused them - and then it gets ugly.

No way to know if this guy is innocent or guilty but even innocent, he's gonna have to deal with this stain on him for the rest of his life.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hope the truth comes out RC.....didn mean for my post to reflect on the situation your witnessing.....just threw it out there that sometimes the bad kids aint lying...even when the person is heavily involved in church and everything else in the community....majority of the time yeah its prolly a kid working the system but because sometimes it aint you cant just brush off the allegations....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My wife got a bit more info from the wife. She said that recently her husband caught the girl trying to have sex with their dog. He came down kind of heavy on her and now she wants revenge.

I will pray for the truth to come out, but this statement says something that just does not sit right in my gut, sorry, but something's not right right there frown

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Roark said the girl in the case previously made similar allegations and later withdrew them.

That's what detectives call a clue.

If that phone doesn't show the history she said it should show, the case will be thrown out. Unless of course there is other physical evidence not mentioned.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Please pray for the real truth to come out before some innocent person takes it in the neck. This is going to get really nasty.
My wife and I are of the opinion that the girl is lying. She wasn't up for adoption for nothing.

BTW - this is a Christian couple who tried to help a girl in need. That's no guarantee that he didn't do it, of course. There have been many so-called Christians who have done some very evil things.
Obviously I have no idea whether the guy did or didn't do it. Seems like you're leaning towards "didn't" and I have no reason to doubt that. It's good to remember that Satan goes after the most effective Christian soldiers. The ones who never make any inroads against the Devil don't need to be neutralized.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

I will pray for the truth to come out, but this statement says something that just does not sit right in my gut, sorry, but something's not right right there frown
The statement sure seems way out there.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If I caught someone trying to ph*ck my dog, I'd throw the bitch out of my house.

Last edited by mirage243; 03/06/14.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

The statement sure seems way out there.

Being "out there" would depend on what the kid had seen/been exposed to past..It aint really out there, there is whole websites dedicated to that type of crap..People are the sickest life form on the planet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Because she has done this before and recanted her story, I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KFWA
this is one of the main reasons my wife and decided not to be foster parents.

A child so desperate to get back to whoever could say you abused them - and then it gets ugly.

No way to know if this guy is innocent or guilty but even innocent, he's gonna have to deal with this stain on him for the rest of his life.

That's a bad truth. If he is innocent, he'll wade through hell the rest of his life. If he is totally exonerated the press will ignore that. Innocence doesn't make good press. There will always be those who believe he may have been guilty. Just a bad situation all around. I pray the truth will come out, for everyone's sake.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (1OntarioJim, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 3dtestify, 21 invisible), 1,198 guests, and 960 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,161
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.