-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Read through all these posts. There are a lot of pharmacists on here...

Anyway...

Davidson College; BA in History. I use it every day and I'm not a history teacher.

Campbell Univ.; MBA.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)
BS in Civil Engineering
Graduated in 2010

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
University of Wisconsin Madison 84-88
BS Mechanical Engineering

University of Wisconsin Madison 88-91
MS Engineering Mechanics

Tool and Die Apprenticeship 88-92

Rockford College 93-95
Certification Business Law

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Engineers, Foresters, Wildlife Biologists and Pharmacists....seems to be the norm....what is the correlation with being a sportsmen and outdoors enthusiast and engineering?

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
BS, Chemical Engineering, 1979.
Texas A&M, home of the original 12th Man

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
South Dakota State. Graduated with a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering in 94

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A few people have noted that college wasn't/isn't worth is. I guess it depends on the school, but typically I would disagree with the sentiment.

My college roommates/neighbors remain to this day my closest friends. We were all in each other's weddings and we get together twice a year. Once in early summer at the beach and once in the fall for a hunting trip. No exceptions; all 10 of us.

Could the education be a bit more applicable? Yes, of course. But the people you meet and "out of class" living/decisions makes for a a great 4 years. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I can't speak to the liberal nature of things; Davidson was much more conservative than other colleges/universities.

Last edited by 2Bimmers; 03/07/14.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC
1991-1995
BS, History w/ Secondary Ed. Cert.

UNC-Pembroke
2006-2008
MSA

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
SUNY Geneseo- political science
University of Phoenix- MBA

If I could do it again, I would have grown up first, then become a lawyer specializing in water law. Would do a PhD. if I could figure out a way to pay for it w/o starving. Between me, my wife, and kids- I will have student loans until I am 64! Still worth it.

Most of all he loved the fall
The leaves yellow on the cottonwoods
Leaves floating on the trout steams and above the hills
The high blue windless skies
Now he will be part of them, forever
- Earnest Hemingway, Idaho- 1939
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Engineers, Foresters, Wildlife Biologists and Pharmacists....seems to be the norm....what is the correlation with being a sportsmen and outdoors enthusiast and engineering?

Don't forget us Historians . smile

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I went to Harvard,

One night.
The OSU, without enrolling. I majored in High St. And pantie raids.

Finally phd from hard knocks... last year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by rattler
i dropped out but i went to Montana Tech in Butte for a degree in Geological Engineering for awhile....prolly woulda stuck it out if it wasnt for all the liberal arts classes i had to take....was paying for college out of my own pocket as my parents didnt have any money.....all the core classes pertaining to my degree i was doing fine in but it got to me that i was actually paying people to lecture me bout chit that would have nothing to do with my degree or had anything to do with life after college....i loved all the science and math stuff though...

Did you have a class from Pete Knudsen? He used to teach Geostatistics there.

Sycamore

im horrible with names(especially those i havent thought of in more than a decade) and had to go look at his pic, apparently he is still at Tech but no i didnt have a class with him while i was there.....

Last edited by rattler; 03/07/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2Bimmers
Read through all these posts. There are a lot of pharmacists on here...

Anyway...

Davidson College; BA in History. I use it every day and I'm not a history teacher.

Campbell Univ.; MBA.

Pharmacy has been very good to me. Lived in Dillingham and Kodiak Alaska and did a lot of hunting. Now living in Arkansas, but only work every other week. I can hunt a lot of stuff when I have 26+ weeks off a year.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
i dropped out but i went to Montana Tech in Butte for a degree in Geological Engineering for awhile....prolly woulda stuck it out if it wasnt for all the liberal arts classes i had to take....was paying for college out of my own pocket as my parents didnt have any money.....all the core classes pertaining to my degree i was doing fine in but it got to me that i was actually paying people to lecture me bout chit that would have nothing to do with my degree or had anything to do with life after college....i loved all the science and math stuff though...

Did you have a class from Pete Knudsen? He used to teach Geostatistics there.

Sycamore

im horrible with names(especially those i havent thought of in more than a decade) and had to go look at his pic, apparently he is still at Tech but no i didnt have a class with him while i was there.....

I just looked him up too. Wow, he's the Dean! He was just finishing his PhD (or maybe a post-doc) when I had a class from him (in Tucson).

He was a geostatistics wizard, back in the day.

Sycamore

Last edited by Sycamore; 03/08/14. Reason: clarification

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a few false starts, though I ultimately earned a BS in mechanical engineering from the University of Oklahoma. I was a month shy of my fortieth birthday when I walked the stage at The Lloyd Noble and the -- apparently -- oldest undergrad in the CoE that year. It sucked getting there, but I'm glad I did it now.

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oregon State BS Civil Eng 2004

I started back at college when I was 21. Three years in construction helped my straighten up and figure it out.

Glad I did it, glad I didnt go on to get an MS either even though they told me it was really necessary for career wise. Didnt turn out to be true.

Sean
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I enrolled in Pick And Shovel University 55 years back..

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Boise State, BS - Biology, 97

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Colorado School of Mines (2 yrs) thought about petroleum and mining eningeering.

BS Civil Engineering - U of W 1985
Professional Engineer license in AK 1990

Originally Posted by fatjack34

Shooting and reloading are natural attractions for engineers. Chemistry, thermo, physics, metallurgy, etc. - it doesn't get much better.

Another thing I have noticed is a high correlation of Engineer-Nurse couples, myself included. Anyone else here on the fire?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Another thing I have noticed is a high correlation of Engineer-Nurse couples, myself included. Anyone else here on the fire?
Same here.

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 44 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.