Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
TRH if and once the state has issued the warrant they will execute it with whatever means they have. They will not have the power to say no. Even if they did the state would take the next action. Which in my opinion would be National Guard.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agreed. God forbid an LEO gets shot or worst, killed during one of these actions. There will be a thousand new " police execution" video's posted at the Campfire as they go armed to the teeth on every subsequent "search".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Agreed. God forbid an LEO gets shot or worst, killed during one of these actions. There will be a thousand new " police execution" video's posted at the Campfire as they go armed to the teeth on every subsequent "search".

Yep. Any such situation would not end well for all parties involved, and might just get far worse than most of us would ever really want in the first place.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 4ager
Nor are they ready for a court challenge with the first confiscation attempt that will results in a plea to the court for an immediate temporary injunction of the the law and/or confiscations pending full judicial review.

You are correct too. But most on here seem to want to skip the proper processes and jump to the combatant processes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by 4ager
Nor are they ready for a court challenge with the first confiscation attempt that will results in a plea to the court for an immediate temporary injunction of the the law and/or confiscations pending full judicial review.

You are correct too. But most on here seem to want to skip the proper processes and jump to the combatant processes.

Idle minds/hands are the Devil's playground.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The thought of being shipped off to the gulag along with the recent made criminals after being conditioned into believing that the average citizen is the enemy that making a decision on their part is a moot point. Granted a few, and very few at that, may reject but not to make a difference. Knowing the few LEO's that I do, they all seem to have low self constitutions and have ate up the modern LEO agenda whole bowl.

However in the CT case I will be somewhat surprised if confiscation happens but in these times stupidity rules.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
RDFinn is saying that you are comparing a warrant initiated by a police department, when he is saying the department isn't initiating it, the State is. To this he is 100% correct that the issued warrant will be executed by whoever the State Police can muster to do so.
That's not a point of disagreement, since I concur completely on that point. If you look back at the post that started this little back and forth, though, you will see that he stated that the warrant itself was an order to the police to act, when it is not. It's an authorization to act. If he didn't mean to say that the warrant itself was an order for the police to act, he needs to modify his post.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hopefully it will never get to the point of confiscation in Conn or anywhere else. But if it does, it is going to be real interesting to see how trashed the homes get if the LEO's don't see what it is they are looking for and are told that there is nothing on the premises. How far will they be willing to go in their search?

Harry
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If I were a Leo in Ct I believe I'd be using a few sick days if they wanted me to confiscate citizens weapons and I'd be telling my bosses to FOAD or GFY.

Roughly half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I'm not so sure the police will be so tough. Remember when Hurrucane Katrina came to New Orleans. They ran home to protect their own family. To hell with their jobs. The police or state troopers know very well they are legally owned firearms. I have a philosphy that people that are being violated are more powerfull than scum that obey orders of dictatorship. Maybe you all think I'm nuts, maybe you're right. But there is nothing that intimidates a dictator more than armed civilians that are willing to stand up. Conn. is finding this out. They are not just caught in a situation , they are facing the real fact that if the gun owners unite and fight, there could be absolute hell to pay. Forget the few that will be arrested or shot. The disdain for the law may go wild. Not just from gun owners neither. The law can't afford this type of direspect from the people. People might burn down buildings. Who is to really say people don't know where the state troopers houses are, their kids, wives, parents ECT. These officers that carry out armed confiscations could see retaliation they didn't expect. This Ahole that can't wait to kick down the first door should give it a second thought. I don't like to talk like this at all, but I think I would go off in a rampage of revenge or hate for the law if they took even one gun from me. I don't know if I could control myself knowing if they took my guns , all my other freedoms are gone then too.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mountainclmbr
Wlll CT polie follow orders to confiscate guns from what looks to be a huge number of gun owners that refused to register?

You bet your bippy they'll follow orders: they want their pension.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Actually his chief and Mayor should be seeking legal council to fire him.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Wlll CT polie follow orders to confiscate guns from what looks to be a huge number of gun owners that refused to register?

They will get their pension and a lot more standing down and filing law suits. Most if not all of them know it too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure. Very few are willing to give up a secure job.

1Minute
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

They will get their pension and a lot more standing down and filing law suits. Most if not all of them know it too.
What will the basis of the law suit be?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
TRH I am not a lawyer.

I would venture to guess something to do with being directed to carry out an unlawful order. That would be a starting point if nothing else.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 1minute
Sure. Very few are willing to give up a secure job.

They would not be giving up a secure job. Either suspended with or without pay. Doesn't matter either way as they will be compensated for it in the end.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by acooper1983
As for police folding on it. Highly unlikely. The first officer fired or relieved of duty will start the law suit. Once the law suit is started it only gets stronger with numbers. The State knows that and is very fearful of that. Hence why this so far has been handled with white gloves.

Those pesky unions might come in handy after all, darn'd double edge swords

Those no good unions. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All this assumes of course that the order given is deemed to be unlawful.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bet more are less willing to give up their life.

If you really like something,you better buy two!
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 1,734 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,124
Posts18,522,957
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.