Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Gary O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am looking for a single stack 9mm for concealed carry. How does the Kahr CW9 "stack" up? Thanks...

Gary

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gary O
I am looking for a single stack 9mm for concealed carry. How does the Kahr CW9 "stack" up? Thanks...
I have the P9, which is essentially identical. I got it when it was first introduced. Several thousand rounds have been through it without a hitch, other than the occasional accidental depression of the mag release which naturally caused it to stop functioning till the mag was once again fully inserted. Very comfortable in the hand and a natural pointer. Nice trigger that reminds me of a K-Frame S&W revolver. A breeze to carry all day, due to lightness and flatness.

It only stopped being my every day carry gun because too many times at the range I accidentally engaged the mag release under recoil. In my thinking, this is a defect in the gun's design. It's prone to doing this due to its mag release sticking up from a flat surface, rather than being guarded by a raised surface to prevent accidental engagement or, alternatively, being itself below the level of the surface of the grip frame. On a larger gun, this doesn't matter so much, but on a compact gun, if you have anything close to large hands, it could be a problem.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I happened to see one at the farm store the other day. Vets were selling raffle tickets on one to raise money. Handling it, I was impressed

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a thread with my reviews on one from last year.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...e/Kahr_CW9_first_impressions#Post7143753

Still carrying the CW9 - it's my go to concealed carry piece now. Still have a CM9 but it doesn't get carried as much. Had a CW45 and while it's a great pistol I finally chose the CW9 for my needs.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Mine is my carry gun now, it's been 100% reliable! and it's accurate enough for social purposes. The only gripe I have is I have large hands with thick fingers, and the trigger curve is quite tight. It's very comfortable in hand, and in an iwb holster.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No issues with mine through probably 1500rds. It doesnt have the fancy roll marks and a few parts. I prefer the conventional rifled barrel to the polygonal. I put the trijicons sights on it from Kahr $80 and a brass punch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had one for several years now, since about 2008 or so, and nary a bobble.

It's fired, ejected, and fed every time, no inadvertent magazine releases, really nothing to complain about.

I've also owned a K9 and a P9, with the same results.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mine works every time. Always goes bang & pretty damn accurate, too. Also has a pretty decent trigger once you get used to it. I'd reccomend one to any of my friends & family members.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Mine will consistently hit a pop can at 50 feet and perhaps a bit further with my reloads. Never a jam, never.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

I have a cw9 -- it's been 100% reliable.

Have a CW40 that had the same problem TRH described below -- it is easily fixed with a new magazine catch (get a new spring too). The little shelf on the mag catch that engages the slot on the magazine is too short on some guns. Just call Kahr and tell them the problem.

There's a youtube video (or maybe it was http://www.kahrtalk.com/ ) showing how to install it. I did it (so anyone can) and it solved the problem.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[quote=Gary O] I have the P9, which is essentially identical. I got it when it was first introduced. Several thousand rounds have been through it without a hitch, other than the occasional accidental depression of the mag release which naturally caused it to stop functioning till the mag was once again fully inserted.

Paul

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
CW-9 owner here as well. 100% reliable. Never have a mag catch problem. My thumb sits in another spot. Great shooter. Very accurate. Shoots on par with my Hi-Power. Some don't like the long trigger. I happen to love it. I'll be getting another in .45 soon.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kahr should give me a commission on the sale of the CW9 as 7 individuals have shot mine and subsequently, 5 purchased one.

What got me started was my daughter purchased one and after watching her shoot very well with it at the range, I put a few clips thru it. A few days later I bought one.

It conceals easily IWB and at times I use the "Gunner500" carry. grin
[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife unfortunately had the same problem as TRH with accidental magazine release, never been an issue for me so I think it has to do with individual thumb anatomy? I carry and like the CW45... nice guns, accurate, reliable and I prefer the trigger over the smith M&P and others with block-like triggers.

YMMV,

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
What brands of IWB holsters are you guys using for the CW9?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jonz
What brands of IWB holsters are you guys using for the CW9?
Mine's a Milt Sparks Executive Companion. It's ideal for it.

Gary O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Who's CCW holster are you folks using for your CW9's? Any thoughts? Thanks again...

Gary

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Desantis pocket holster, a CompTac IWB and a c5 Montana for mine.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (2500HD, 270wsmnutt, 260Remguy, 1234, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,762 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,129
Posts18,502,592
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.