Page 27 of 39 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I'm still in... My smoker is too.

That's a good thing! You bringing your son?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Ed, the time issues just cleared up over here. We will be traveling beforehand, and should be at your place by that Friday morning to help set up. For the eats, we are bringing a bunch of paper plates/bowls/cups/plastic utensils.
In reply to the earlier inquiry, Maddy is interested in quilting.
I am interested in meeting what appear to be some fine folks, and renewing good times with fellows earlier well-met.
P

Thanks, Paul! Can't wait to see you and your lovely Bride again!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Well my better half is a quilter but she will not be there. One of the grandkids birthdays is that weekend, she will be out in west Texas.
Maybe the next trip. I just need 4 tires for my 5th wheel. Just being cheap. In fact I need 9 tires for different trailers, 4 tires for the trip to Co. in the Jeep this summer. Tire people are going t like me.

I know what you mean, Barbara just got back from a horse training clinic in Florida and had to replace a wheel on her horse trailer and two tires on her truck. Drywall screws will tear tires up! Someone, somehow, scattered a bunch of them on the Interstate and it looked like she collected most of them. frown

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Texas BBQ.....damn that just sounds appetite enlightening. shocked

It beats camel meat! grin Wish you could be here, Les!

We'll hoist a toast to you. With good whiskey, of course. grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

That's a good thing! You bringing your son?
Ed

Nope. I wish he could come but he's got school and his mother won't let him take a day off.
It's gonna be me,my old truck,and my smoker.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I really won't know if I can make it till just before the get together.

I am good for some double thick/double smoked bacon if I can make it.

Serious family matters coming up that may prevent my trip to east Texas.

Sure hope that I can make it to Ed too many letters get together.

-Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brian, I WOULD make a comment about the wonderful meal we shared at Quemado that first night, before anyone else showed up, but I saw earlier in this thread - about Ed's sleeping accommodations at my place - what a bunch of dirty minded old men can do with a perfectly innocent remark. grin grin

Hope you can make it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been reading this thread with interest for a while. Wish to heck I could make it but the way I am tied up with this chemo stuff I can't get off to go nowhere for the for seeable future. You boys have lots of fun and play Indians.

Quando Omni Moritati
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bcolorado
I really won't know if I can make it till just before the get together.
I am good for some double thick/double smoked bacon if I can make it.
Serious family matters coming up that may prevent my trip to east Texas.
Sure hope that I can make it to Ed too many letters get together.
-Brian

Brian, I fully understand. Family comes first! Your family continues in my prayers.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
...what a bunch of dirty minded old men can do with a perfectly innocent remark. grin grin

Hope you can make it.

Uh huh, this coming from the West Texas master of the double entendre. grin You would NEVER set anyone up, would you?

I guess I set the rules for our friendship when I said that my motto was "Never pass up a cheap shot.", didn't I? shocked laugh

Ed

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Been reading this thread with interest for a while. Wish to heck I could make it but the way I am tied up with this chemo stuff I can't get off to go nowhere for the for seeable future. You boys have lots of fun and play Indians.

Sure would be nice if you could make it. I'm certain there's a bunch of other folks that feel the same way.

You are also in my prayers.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by curdog4570
...what a bunch of dirty minded old men can do with a perfectly innocent remark. grin grin

Hope you can make it.

Uh huh, this coming from the West Texas master of the double entendre. grin You would NEVER set anyone up, would you?

I guess I set the rules for our friendship when I said that my motto was "Never pass up a cheap shot.", didn't I? shocked laugh

Ed

It ain't fair to accuse a man of something he don't know what is.

If you want to claim that I lie, my feet stink, and I don't love Jesus, I can get that. Just lay off the French words.... OK?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
You and gunner500 kill me.

Both of you try to pass off as a dumb country boy, hands in your pockets, looking down, kicking at the dirt and exclaiming "Ah ain't got no idee whut yer talkin' about, ah ain't got no edumacation."

Right. I admit, I haven't checked the rolls of Harvard graduates to see if you're there, but don't try to tell me you ain't got a clue. laugh

How did you even know it was French? Coulda been Swahili... grin

Hope things are looking up for you, my friend!

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed - even though I don't know if I'll be able to do any of it, coupla ?? about the shooting stuff.

1. For the standing portion of the elk shoot, slings OK?
2. What will be the yardage for the .22LR LD shoot?

I will bring the stuff needed for the PD shoot.
Thanks, P

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Ed - even though I don't know if I'll be able to do any of it, coupla ?? about the shooting stuff.

1. For the standing portion of the elk shoot, slings OK?
We need to have a conversation about this. Do most folks have a sling on their rifle when hunting in Elk country? (I would have to guess, since I've never Elk hunted blush ) , but that then leaves us open as to shooting sticks. A person using shooting sticks is at a decided advantage over someone taking an off-hand shot.

2. What will be the yardage for the .22LR LD shoot?
My thought was 200 yards. Any sights, any position.

I will bring the stuff needed for the PD shoot. Thanks!
Thanks, P

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
.22's? Cool. I will bring mine. It's green and rusty. Don't bet against me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most always hunt alone - so no gun bearer - and at this age a sling is standard equipment. I don't carry shootin' sticks - just trip over those. No big deal, just nice to clear the rules.

200 yards should be a GOOD challenge for a .22LR - particularly if there is ANY breeze.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't know .22s would go 200 yards. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I didn't know .22s would go 200 yards. smile

Me neither.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that my .22LR will reach 200 yards, but any target path will be a rainbow. Did someone say hold over??

Page 27 of 39 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 75 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,484
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.