Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Hard to tell this is a Pro 2nd Amendment site sometimes.

Ain't that the truth!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hard to believe folks think this has anything to do with the 2A.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

What I was thinking. Never knew so many had ill feelings towards cops till I read this thread...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Well, look at it like this.

He was reported to have a "Gun" in his waist band, in a State that allows "Open Carry"(in a waist band), on his own property and in his own house. He did not "Brandish", he did not wave it in a threatening manner.

Yet a mere phone call to Police about a Man With a Gun (on his own property) generated a SWAT team response. Does not the 2nd Amendment give him the right to carry on his own property?

What do you think would have happened to him if he had an itch and needed to scratch his fat belly, that's right he would be dead.

Back to the 2nd. What do you think would have happened if it was a real gun? He most likely would have been arrested or at least detained for exercising his 2nd Amendment right on His Own Property.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You seem to be having trouble with the legal interpretation of "brandishing" as defined by Maine statute.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You seem to be having trouble with the legal interpretation of "brandishing" as defined by Maine statute.

Prolly, lets see it. Post it up.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
To make the comments you've been making, I assumed you already had done so.

William Arthur Ward

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by steve4102

Well, look at it like this.

He was reported to have a "Gun" in his waist band, in a State that allows "Open Carry"(in a waist band), on his own property and in his own house. He did not "Brandish", he did not wave it in a threatening manner.

Yet a mere phone call to Police about a Man With a Gun (on his own property) generated a SWAT team response. Does not the 2nd Amendment give him the right to carry on his own property?

What do you think would have happened to him if he had an itch and needed to scratch his fat belly, that's right he would be dead.

Back to the 2nd. What do you think would have happened if it was a real gun? He most likely would have been arrested or at least detained for exercising his 2nd Amendment right on His Own Property.

Please show me where the SWAT team was on this call. It says that there were several Troopers with "assault rifles" outside and that the cops had called him out using a PA System. How does that become SWAT?

If I know I'm going to a call of a "man with a gun" I don't just go with my side arm. I take a long gun.

Do you have knowledge of what information the caller actually told the police dispatcher? Did he just say "man with a gun"? Did the caller say that the guy brandished a gun? Did he say the guy pointed a gun or threatened him with a gun?

You don't know. I don't know.

You girls go back to your high school ranting about boogey men wearing uniforms and carrying "assault rifles".

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

There is a big difference between just carrying a weapon and yelling and screaming at someone while holding a weapon.

Why do people have such a hard time distinguishing between the responsibilities associated with freely excercising one's rights and being a durned fool and hiding behind those rights? Our founding fathers were fairly civilized individuals.

Again, how does one hold a belly tattoo?

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Please show me where the SWAT team was on this call. It says that there were several Troopers with "assault rifles" outside and that the cops had called him out using a PA System. How does that become SWAT?

If I know I'm going to a call of a "man with a gun" I don't just go with my side arm. I take a long gun.

Do you have knowledge of what information the caller actually told the police dispatcher? Did he just say "man with a gun"? Did the caller say that the guy brandished a gun? Did he say the guy pointed a gun or threatened him with a gun?

You don't know. I don't know.

You girls go back to your high school ranting about boogey men wearing uniforms and carrying "assault rifles".

Ed

I sincerely doubt regular Maine State Troopers run around handing out tickets in full tacticool regalia...

Have to admit, they do blend in nicely in the snow..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
He didn't write belly tattoo. He wrote "holding a gun".

The Beaner reported he threatened them while he had a gun in his waistband. The beaner did not report he threatened them while holding a belly tattoo.

You can parse "holding" v. "displaying" a gun, as perceived by the 3rd party complainant, if you feel that really gets us anywhere.

Your problem should be with the beaner, I'd think. The troopers simply did their jobs,as expected. Quite well,I might add.

William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Point of clarification as I havent read the full article: How are we distinguishing "beaner"? The majority of tree guys around here are "white folk". The Tri-State area isn't known for its ethnic foods......

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I simply repeated the words of the poster I replied to.

I assumed the workers were employed by the electric company or local government since they were clearing electric lines.

William Arthur Ward

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I sincerely doubt regular Maine State Troopers run around handing out tickets in full tacticool regalia...
[Linked Image]

If he's a K-9 handler, that's a typical uniform in most parts of the country. Again, where does it say SWAT was called out or even responded? Much ado about nothing.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Used quick reply, figured it originated earlier.

Good possibility they were Asplundh guys. It seems they get the bulk of the utility work.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

The Beaner reported he threatened them while he had a gun in his waistband. The beaner did not report he threatened them while holding a belly tattoo.

You can parse "holding" v. "displaying" a gun, as perceived by the 3rd party complainant, if you feel that really gets us anywhere.

Your problem should be with the beaner, I'd think. The troopers simply did their jobs,as expected. Quite well,I might add.

That's where the Troopers should have known better than to call in the tacticool brigade.

Unless you can show me where it's illegal in Maine to have a firearm in one's waistband on one's front porch, the LEO's overreacted.

Down here, such a call would have resulted in a Sheriff's Deputy or 2 showing up, interviewing the tree cutters, then the homeowner, no Tacticool response and no drama.

But then Florida and NVA are very different on the Freedom spectrum, so it's somewhat understandable that we have different expectations of normalcy.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

That's where the Troopers should have known better than to call in the tacticool brigade.

Unless you can show me where it's illegal in Maine to have a firearm in one's waistband on one's front porch, the LEO's overreacted.

Down here, such a call would have resulted in a Sheriff's Deputy or 2 showing up, interviewing the tree cutters, then the homeowner, no Tacticool response and no drama.

But then Florida and NVA are very different on the Freedom spectrum, so it's somewhat understandable that we have different expectations of normalcy.

^^^This^^^

Now, if the Tree crew told police that he was brandishing or waving his firearm in a threatening manner they should indeed respond as they did. There was no mention of this in the article, but if the tree crew did lie to Police, they should be the ones that get the Cops Knocking on their door.

Last edited by steve4102; 03/19/14.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Your entire post is a hyperbolic crock, void of facts.

As for your quick off tangent and irrelevant comment regarding N. Va. v. Florida; Florida enjoys nothing we don't similarly enjoy here,as well...save for your part of Florida having higher unemployment, higher crime and a lesser affluence.

William Arthur Ward

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

[Linked Image]

If he's a K-9 handler, that's a typical uniform in most parts of the country. Again, where does it say SWAT was called out or even responded? Much ado about nothing.

Ed

I don't think it matters what brand of Tacticool they were. The Maine State police have a Tactical Team, better than 50/50 odds this wasn't Jimmy taken off his I-95 revenue collection, that morning.

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The alleged "Chili Chompin" Beaners" said they could not 100% understand and thought they were being threatened.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10gaugemag, 17Fan, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,319
Posts18,487,362
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.