Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 39 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 38 39
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I do have a few Appleseed targets.
If I remember to bring some set up is short a distance.
Hit the small target and you get score of 500 yards.
Have to look up the set up distance though.
Will need a target frame

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Somewhere, in my assorted, miscellaneous, plethora of stuff, I have a few reduced animal targets that are scaled for 300 yards to be shot at 25 yards, and some ancient reduced scale geese (Alaskan Metallic Silhouette) that are to mimic the 385 yard turkeys to be shot at 100 yards.

Target frames will not be an issue as I have a lot of scrap lumber and a few guys who are going to be here Friday to help set up. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Found it!

Ed, I will take care of making the Pisco sour and bringing what it needed.I have some pisco that I will bring and it is my understanding that some people have some pisco on hand? We need about 3oz of pisco per person per glass.
Of course I can bring a couple of "specialty" ones to try straight, since it is almost like a brandy.
What else do I need to bring for meals and such?
Is the list above with needs and people up to date??

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Sponxx,

No the lists are not up to date. I will make corrections and will re-post them.

Wtxj and I both have bought some pisco.

Glad to hear that you made it back into the country safe and sound. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Here is the menu as it stands, who is bringing what, also the other food items, condiments, etc that we will need for each meal;

Items in green are still needed. I have posted approximate amounts next to each item based on latest numbers.

Supper Friday;
Fish curdog4570 & ?
Coleslaw Ed
Red Beans Ed
Fries - 10lb?
Barbara's Soup Barbara
Additional Needs; Catsup, Tartar Sauce, Onions

Breakfast Saturday;
Scrambled Eggs Wtxj
Sausage & Bacon texncal & milespatton
Picante Sauce Sponxx
Flour tortillas tdd4570 via ?
Breakfast Pastries - couple dozen mixed donuts?
Coffee Ed
Tea Ed
Additional Needs; Sweeteners for coffee & tea, catsup, hot sauce

Lunch Saturday;
Crawfish Oldman2003
Potatoes Oldman2003
Corn Oldman2003
Burgers & Buns - One dozen each?
Hot Dogs & Buns Sponxx
Chips Sponxx
Ketchup, mustard, and mayo Texczech
Sweet Tea Oldman2003 & ?
Unsweetened Tea Oldman2003 & ?
Additional Needs; hot sauce, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, relish

Saturday Supper;
Brisket BrotherBart & ltppowell
Shrimp stxhunter
Potato Salad BrotherBart
Pico de Gallo Ed
Red Beans Ed
Cobbler Wtxj
Cake Oldman2003
S�Mores?
Additional Needs; Cocktail Sauce, hot sauce

Breakfast Sunday;

Scrambled Eggs Wtxj
Sausage Texncal
Picante Sauce Sponxx
Flour Tortillas tdd4570 via ?
Breakfast Pastries
Coffee Ed
Tea Ed
Additional Needs; Sweeteners for coffee & tea, catsup, hot sauce

On top of these, we will need ice for icing down beverages and keeping foods cool. I have coolers if someone wants to make a run into Gilmer for ice.
I know that RIO7 and milespatton both are bringing coolers with ice.

I will do another post with current "best guess" for numbers at each meal.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 03/19/14.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Current count for meals;

Friday night supper is ~21.
Saturday Breakfast is ~26
Saturday Lunch is ~38
Saturday Supper is ~38
Sunday Breakfst is ~34

These numbers are subject to change if I get more confirmations.

Current CONFIRMED attendees (for some or all of the weekend);

My Bride, #1 son, and I
kaywoodie
BrotherBart
ltppowell
Wtxj
curdog4570
stxhunter
milespatton
Sponxx & family
HugAJackass & family
Birdwatcher & bride
CCCC & bride
Tx270
RIO7
SteveNO & Grace
gunner500
Oldman2003, bride & friend
tex_n_cal
labarr
Texczech, bride & friend
websterparish47
Paladin
Mystery Guest

Probable UNCONFIRMED attendees;

If you can, please let us know if you are going to be able to make it, the sooner, the better so we can plan meals, shooting events, etc.

prairie dog shooter
Big C
bcolorado
slip sinker
tjm10025
krp
mudhen
Mystery Guest2

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 03/18/14.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Onto the subject of shooting;

Labarr has graciously offered to bring the elk targets for the "Elk Hunt". He said that he has ordered a number of them.

If someone wants to shoot a clean one and keep it for bragging rights, I think they run around $4.50 each.

The way I've been shooting, I don't care to keep any mementos. blush

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Another housekeeping matter:

My lovely Bride pointed out that we need to figure out who is bringing an RV, who is tent camping, who needs alternate sleeping arrangements, who is "camping out" in a local hotel, and who is sleeping where they fall.

So...chime in with your preferences!

There are four beds in our guest quarters, three singles in one room and a double bed in the other room.
We also have a 12x24 covered shelter that will become the Disciplinary Barracks. grin
Or, you can sleep in the run-in shed with the horses. eek

Ed

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ed, I will bring:
- Hot dogs and corresponding buns. The way my kids eat I will bring more than 8 smile
- Picante Sauce and Chips

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ed, I m plan on sleeping in my truck camper or pitching a tent/canopy. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ed, We plan on sleeping in our tent. Do you have an idea on how the weather will be?

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sponxx
Ed, I will bring:
- Hot dogs and corresponding buns. The way my kids eat I will bring more than 8 smile
- Picante Sauce and Chips

Thank you, sir! I will amend the list. I know about kids & hot dogs. I prefer them to hamburgers. grin

As an aside, tdd4570 (Dave) is not going to be able to make it and has offered to supply the tortillas if someone from the Houston area can hook up with him and pick them up.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sponxx
Ed, We plan on sleeping in our tent. Do you have an idea on how the weather will be?

Long term forecast is mid 70's in the day, low-mid 50's at night. Normally it's a few degrees above that, but this has been a cool year so far.

Ed

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Canvas tent awning. Will try to pack in some ice as well! Bucee's has cheap 20 lb bags!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed, if I'm by myself [most likely] I'll sleep in my pickup camper like at Quemado. If I have a companion, we'll get a room in town.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
will stay in my trailer or town.rio7

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Ed:

I've been trying hard to make this work with my bank of personal leave hours, but I'm going to have to formally bow out.

I know some of the guys who are coming, and I regret not getting the opportunity seeing them again. I was also looking forward to meeting new friends, and you especially.

If you're going to do this again next year, I'll give it another shot. Lift a glass for me, will you?

- Tom

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Tom,

I'm sorry to hear that, but I fully understand. We will certainly hoist a toast in your honor.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tom, I understand, but you are a fine gentleman and I hope you can make it back to Ed's next year. Assuming of course Ed's bride doesn't banish the lot of us after this one smile

Labarr and I will be in tents

I checked and found I have 14 pounds of wild boar sausage. Using the number above, you have ~60 breakfast meals, and that would allow almost a 1/4 pound of sausage per breakfast. Ya'll think that will be enough, or should I plan for more?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Patrick, IIRC, Miles said he would toss in some bacon for breakfasts, too. I also have a few pounds of venison breakfast sausage to throw in if we need to.

Ed

Page 28 of 39 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 204guy, 56 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,279
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.