Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sierrabravo45
1999: 84 in a 55 = $105
2002: 97 in a 75 = $128
2004: 89 in a 70 = $40
2005: 79 in a 70 = $20
2006: Warning for ?
2013: Pulled over for No Brake Lights on my Trailer.
Two Weeks Ago: 55 in a 35 zone in PARADISE, MT during a blinding snowstorm at 6:45am in the morning. Someone has to protect the town of 120 people on a Sunday morning. Thank you MHP. $89

Disco!!!!!! Someone please top this!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Month or 2 ago $10 seat belt ticket. My 3rd.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by MadMooner
$10 seatbelt ticket!?! Hot damn!

They're about $120 over here.

The only reason we even have that is Idaho had to do something because the damned commies were threatening to pull our highway funds.

It is a $10 fine and a secondary offense, which means the cop has to have another probable cause to pull you over before he can write the seat belt ticket.

In some jurisdictions the cops are ordered to enforce the seat belt law by writing tickets for other infractions, which would have just gotten a warning had the seat belt been worn.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cop was cool.
Verbal warning for exhaust.
Open headers on the Nova were sorta loud ,I guess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bucktales
1982 Verbal warning for exhaust.
Open headers on the Nova were sorta loud, I guess.

Reminds me of the time I had blown the motor in a 72 K5 Blazer, and was driving it back from the garage that put a new one in, with open headers, to the exhaust shop 45 miles away. Damn thing could hardly run 40 MPH, and I think was noisier inside than out.

To make matters worse, I was re-doing the interior too, so there was nothing inside except the 5 gallon bucket I was sitting on.

Luckily I avoided the "man" that day.....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
$10 seatbelt ticket!?! Hot damn!

They're about $120 over here.

The only reason we even have that is Idaho had to do something because the damned commies were threatening to pull our highway funds.

It is a $10 fine and a secondary offense, which means the cop has to have another probable cause to pull you over before he can write the seat belt ticket.

In some jurisdictions the cops are ordered to enforce the seat belt law by writing tickets for other infractions, which would have just gotten a warning had the seat belt been worn.

It used to be that way here as well. Now the State Patrol will stop you for it.

The local cops could give a chit about seat belt violations. There is enough actual crime around here that they leave ya be unless you're a complete azz.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
The last time was about four years ago in Deridder, Louisiana. I was going on a service call at 3 a.m., when I was pulled over for having a headlight out. The cop said he was just pulling me over to let me know.

Other than a little fender bender, the last ticket was speeding in about 2002.

I had 13 speeding tickets between 1991 and 2002. But since I started driving company vehicles, I've been driving like pawpaw. I got tired of hearing it every time they checked my driving record.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I got pulled over on the Kansas Turnpike one time in 2001.

The highway patrolman said "I clocked you doing 77 in a 70. But the reason I pulled you over is that I wanted to know if your Ranger is a 2000 model. I noticed your windshield is cracked all the way across and that's what our 2000 model Ford patrol cars are doing...."

It must get real lonely patrolling the Kansas Turnpike.

Last edited by username; 03/22/14.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I had a guy tailgating me and I made a rt hand turn.
Cop didn't see my turn signal "That guy almost hit you"
"Yes, and you stopped me?"
I signaled for 200yds and turned it off half way through the turn.

We discussed the merits of signaling what I was gonna do, or just switching it on as I turned, like the cop was expecting.

No ticket, still scratching my head.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A lot of small towns here in GA used to be bad about running speed traps just to make money on travelers. The legislature changed the law years ago so that you MUST be doing 11 mph over the posted limit before local LE can even pull you over. The exceptions are in a school or construction zone. A state trooper is the only one that can write tickets for someone doing 1-10 over the limit, but they generally leave you alone unless you are doing something else dangerous.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A coupla months ago.
Its 4:30 in the morning, the bed of my pickup is full of decoys, and not another vehicle on the road.
I start down a long hill, doing the 50 mph speed limit.
Part way down, I see headlights come over the top and really getting it.
Im thinking, this guy is sure in a hurry.
Catches up to me and slows down riding just behind me in the left lane.
COP!
Get into the 45 zone, already doing 45, get into the 35 zone, already doing 35.
Next thing ya know, he lights me up.
WTF?
Pull over, turn mirror so spot light is outta my face, and he comes up to the cab.
I have a smoke in my mouth, coffee mug on the dash, dog sittin next to me, and jammin to a good tune.
Well, good morning to you too, I said. What I do?
He says, Im not going to give you a ticket, but the reflective finish on your plate is starting to peel off.
HUH!!!
So the attitude head rears. ..
Papers are all good, runs my license, returns and says have a nice day.
I ask him if he is that lonely, he has to mess with an old guy going duck hunting with his dog?
He just looks at me. Then I said how am I supposed to know its fading? The plate is fine, just the sun faded it...
Am I supposed to walk around my truck at night with a flashlight and check. Heck, I didn't even know they reflected.
He said I needed to go to the dmv and get a new one.
I just smiled, and said yeah, Ill get right on that, and drove off.
Really!
Deputy Sheriff buddy said he was just filling his quota....

Screw em... Still have the same plate.

A few mornings later my sheriff buddy was behind me going hunting and said he didn't see anything wrong with my plate.
It was a bs stop.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Was around 1984... I was headed to my then residence in Orlando, FL from a visit in KY. My wife was asleep. It was around 3 am on a Monday morning somewhere between Ocala and Orlando with no traffic, when I decide to air out my 1975 Corvette Stingray and was going 140!!!!! Out of no where, BAM! he was there! He gave me a A$$ chewing and a warning and then asked me if I thought his mustang would take my 75 Stingray Corvette!! I said "Yes Sir! I would not stand a chance!"!

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Circa '02.. Goin' up main street - saw a space on the other side, made a hard left and settled in.. Local gendarme saw it, parked next to me and sez, 'you know it's illegal to turn into a spot like that?'

"Nope", sez I.. "Been doin' it, along with the other 2K residents of this burg for over 30 years and NO one ever told me it was illegal." (newer cop, about 30 yrs old - figgered he was in need of dispensing a few to keep up with the quota)

Can't recall if I got a warning or a ticket - but if local, it would have been only about $40.. Just can't remember..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
2000 when Dad had his last heart attack. Carolyn and I were taking 2 cars, ours and Dads to Austin, an hour away. As he and mom went by ambulance.

Funny part, we were in a train of traffic and were NOT speeding, but trooper flip flopped and pulled me over..... and told me how fast I was going.

of course I said nope, had it on cruise at 73, 3 over.... and so did my wife who is stopped up there, I was not going 87...

We had a few words, of course he knows me from city and fire department. I told him he clocked the wrong vehicle or needed to calibrate his radar again.

Got told to slow down, I sure, I'll drop the 3 mph...

Managed no ticket.

But I don't really give a flip when if I get pulled over if actually speeding enough to matter and get a ticket, I took the chance, who cares, its only my fault.

yep 73 was speeding... and so give me that one too.... but not for 87 we'll fight on that one...

I did get pulled over once since then to look at my inspection sticker, which was current and fine... no clue what he thought he saw.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I got Pulled over in Hamlin , Pa. a couple of weeks ago for literally no reason. I suppose the fact that My wyoming license plate seemed rear in Pa. must have convinced him I did not belong..... He wanted both my wife and my drivers licenses. He came back and said "I am sorry according to the computer my registration was expired". ........ Maybe my sister in law got me because she works in the county office that does registration in my town........

Funny thing is I had just run a red light and had no seat belt on .... cop was to focused on the cowboy on my license plate.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
1998. Nothing since then.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This time last year. Got a "slow it down sir".

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I average every 2 or3 years.. I don't seem to drive as fast as I used to. I think I have more patents ant my age..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I don't know why, but stopping at a stop sign seems to be a lost art. We have a 4 way stop right at the corner of our hospital and sometimes I've stood there on the sidewalk and watched as car after car rolls through them.

Same on residential streets. Slow down, slow down - drive on through. Sometimes I think I'm the only person left in Boise who actually stops at a stop sign.

Funny thing - a couple years after I moved to Idaho from California back in '75, a deputy wrote me up for doing what he called "a California stop". Fact was, the guy in front of me did roll through the stop sign, but I did not. But that's not the point. It struck me as most odd, because I didn't see people doing that with any regularity until I moved to Idaho. What I had been thinking of as an "Idaho stop"...the natives were blaming it on Californians - and that was long before the Great Migration.

Last time I was pulled over was about a year ago. Missed a reduced speed sign that had been moved farther out recently. Just a friendly warning.

A couple years ago, I was getting pulled over going and coming from night-shift work with regularity. At least once or twice a month. I knew it was just that time of night when they were looking especially hard for DUI, and I must have been fitting some kind of profile. It was a different city cop every time, and they were all very pleasant. I had a very distinctive old vehicle at the time, and I think it sopped once every one of them had met me. wink

In my youth, I was pulled over many many times, for good reason. I'm a pretty diplomatic guy, and I rarely got a ticket or any bad attitude from cops (except some 'tude from a couple bad actors on the local PD, who were later purged for various reasons). Same for cops in other states who pulled me over, justified or not. But there was this one deputy on a county road near Cedar City Utah, who was a complete butthead.

Most of the encounters, especially with cops in other states, were even kind of amusing - but I'm out of time to tell those stories right now...maybe later.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two years ago while returning from visiting my Daughter in Nashville and on my way to visit my brother in Missisippi I dodged a deer that came out of the woods and hit a roadside traffic marker. I totaled the windshield of my Mustang. Limped on in to the nearest town and stopped and looked up the nearest glass shop. Headed thru town to it and was stopped by a city policeman and asked what happened, he was joined by a second patrolman who then directed traffic. He took my license and when I gave it to him he saw my concealed carry permit which I had neglected to give him. He asked did I have a weapon and I said yes. He asked was it loaded and where was it. I said yes and it was in the center console in a pocket holster. He asked me to step out of the car. He then retrieved my Kahr MK9 and removed the magazine and ejected the round in the chamber. He place all on the passenger seat. He then made a radio call and checked everything,he returned and apologized for the time and told the other officer I was clean. He then asked if I had any other weapons and I told him I had a 10mm on the floor behind the passenger seat and a 44mag in the trunk. He asked why so many guns and I told him I collected and was a gunsmith and had taken some of my collection to my grandchildren as gifts and to shoot. He then proceeded to tell me the glass shop I was going to was no longer in business and there were no auto dealers in town and I probably could not get a windshield there. He did say there was a body shop in another small town about 7 miles from there and would I like him to call them for me. I ,of course ,said yes and he did and they said they could have one over nite. He then returned my Kahr and magazine and reminded me there was nothing in the chamber. He told me if I got on a main highway and a State Patrolman stopped me he would immediately impound the vehicle as unsafe to drive (which it really was)but he would direct me to a back road and follow me to the city limits which he did. Upshot was I got safely to the shop and had the Mustang repaired overnite and was on my way home next morning. I could have not been handled with more courtesy and professional care. After returning home I actually wrote the chief of Police there a letter commending him on the professionalism and training of his patrolmen. I meant it. I have seen the stereotype redneck southern policeman all my life on TV and in the movies and he definitely displaced that picture. While not a pleasant experience it restored my faith in the courtesy and integrity of the southern policeman.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,492,022
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.