Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Was around 1984... I was headed to my then residence in Orlando, FL from a visit in KY. My wife was asleep. It was around 3 am on a Monday morning somewhere between Ocala and Orlando with no traffic, when I decide to air out my 1975 Corvette Stingray and was going 140!!!!! Out of no where, BAM! he was there! He gave me a A$$ chewing and a warning and then asked me if I thought his mustang would take my 75 Stingray Corvette!! I said "Yes Sir! I would not stand a chance!"!

The 84 Mustang cop motor was one of the best available for quite a few years. My buddy had an 84 'Stang with the same engine. He was a big block Camaro/ small block Nova fanatic and the Ford was purchased as his wife's car. But he was very impressed with it.

If your 'Vette was running the original 1975 350 cid, it is quite possible that Ford could have beaten your Chevy.

Of course the power plants now available in either car would embarrass any of the 70's and 80's vehicles including those running 427's from Ford or Chevy.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Guess I've either been lucky or have become pussified with my driving. Last time I was pulled over was around 2005 by a state trooper on a county highway; midafternoon on my way to work. First thought was WTF!!! Turned out it was my next door neighbor. He stopped me to pay me for a couple boxes of ammo I had picked up for him at a gunshow. Didn't raise my insurance premium at all.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
For 25 years I averaged 3-4 speeding tickets a year. Been about a year since my last. I must be getting older. Or smarter. Probably the former.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I get stopped at least once a year. I haven't gotten a ticket in a long time.

I've told this story to several LEOs and they all get really mad about it. Because they're good guys. I was driving back to the Black Hills from Okaloma. I bought some BBQ and had it in a small cooler on the passenger seat. I was in Nebraska and was doing 7 or 8 over the speed limit and got pulled. The officer took my license but stayed at the driver's window. He asked what was in the cooler. I told him BBQ. He got a big shyt-eating grin on his face and said "I bet you got a couple of cold beers in there. What's really in there?" I said it was really BBQ. He said "How about you show me and if it's really BBQ I'll give you a warning. If it's not I'll write you for 10 over." I showed him the BBQ and got a warning. Every LEO I've told that to says he broke the law. That he can't entice me to give up a search with the bait of a warning. That was in 2007 or 2008. Haven't had to drive across Nebraska again.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Fall 2007,not wearing a seat belt.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
For 25 years I averaged 3-4 speeding tickets a year. Been about a year since my last. I must be getting older. Or smarter. Probably the former.

In Virginia, you would be known to the courts as a rapid point accumulator.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

In Virginia, you would be known to the courts as a rapid point accumulator.

Yeah, well around these parts I've been a reliable source of pothole funding, as well as a boon to the insurance industry. There have been pluses on my end, however, academically speaking. I've three times been forced to attend driver re-education courses. I'm pretty sure that equals a PhD. somewhere.

Funny story about one ticket I skated out of, due to a hot shyt of a cop. I was coming back with my moose meat in 2006, hauling arse down I 93 just out of the notch, doing 90 or so. A NH statie lit me up and looked decidedly displeased when he asked me WTF I was doing running damn near twice the limit, and he started out saying something about 'arrestable offense' before asking me why the hell I was clocking such a rate of speed.

I explained that I had about 300 pounds of rapidly thawing moose meat that was approaching room temperature, due to the fact that the processor I'd used had a loss of power in the freezer, and told me earlier that day that I'd best come get it, as it wouldn't be anytime soon that his cold storage facility would be back online. I showed the guy a flyer from the business, and after getting his OK to exit the vehicle to show him the cargo with blood stains bleeding through the butcher paper, explained that I was mortified at the thought of having all that meat go bad on me after such an amazing hunt and stroke of luck hitting the tag to begin with.

He told me to get back in the truck with my lady, and to stand by. He walked back to his cruiser and a minute or so came back to the driver's side window. He handed me back my license and asked what unit I was in, and what I shot my bull with. I told him. He almost smiled and said, "well I gotta' tell you, I've been at this job some time and have heard about all the excuses out there, but yours is about the best I've been given. Slow it down and be careful. You're moose meat should be fine. Just make sure to get it back in the freezer right when you get home". I offered him a few steaks, but he just shook his head and said, "all set, but thanks. I'm bound to hit a tag for my moose one of these years".

I thanked him and offered my hand, and he took it and sent me off.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
A couple weeks ago. Borrowed a big rig from a friend to haul a load of corn. Got pulled over for a routine inspection. Trooper wasn't happy when he saw I didn't have a CDL ( don't need one hauling agricultural goods within 150 miles of home). Spent 2 hours on the side of the road and had to call someone to come get me. He said "I think you violated every regulation in the book". I am going to fight it though.

DPS called and they have dismissed my citation and cleared it from my record! YEAH!!!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The last trooper let me off with a warning for speedin' a little. I was cleverly disguised as an old grey-beard with a cowboy hat and aviators.

Last edited by poboy; 04/21/14.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Locally for a breath analysis...amused me immensely.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
2000, the last year Dad had his last heart attack. Driving 3 over, on cruise, with wife behind me in Moms car same speed, on the way to hospital to take her car to Austin since she road the ambulance....

Told me I was going something over 90 as he clocked me.... nope not me buddy. And then he asks if I work for the city. Well no, I just stole the shirt....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
about a yr ago. corporate put gps in our trucks so no more cruising 85-90 on fm rds going to jobs.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last year. Pulled up to a stop sign. couldn't see to my left because Louisiana State trooper in an SUV had pulled a car over immediately to my left on the highway I was trying to turn onto.

So I eased up so I could see if traffic was coming, there was none, so I pulled out and made my right turn onto the highway.

The trooper hops in his car and her come the blue lights. Said I didn't completely stop at stop sign.

I told him yes i did, and afterward I had to pull up because his SUV was blocking my view of oncoming traffic.

He wrote me a ticket anyway. I thanked him and mentioned that the Louisiana State Police must have reduced their height requirements and laughed -(he was tall for a midget).

Went to court and lucky for me, the lady he had pulled over at the intersection just prior to pulling me over was in court. I told the judge my story and she verified it.

Ticket was thrown out and mighty mite was pissed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me, "Officer XXX how are ya?"
Him, "Oh I didn't know it was you or I probably wouldn't have stopped you."
Me, "It's OK, I understand I was wrong. yada yada yada".
Him "yada yada yada."
and we had a good 15 or so minute talk.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a 23 day hunting trip 6 years ago were both my hunting partner and I each got a ticket, I got pulled over in NM for doing 66 in a 55 (speed had just changed 50 ft earlier) cop walks up to the truck (he was maybe 5 ft tall) and gives me a ticket. He told me the cost as he handed me the ticket and was confused as to why I was laughing.

I was laughing at my buddy who had got his ticket on day one just before we got out of CA, the CA ticket cost my buddy points and over $300, my NM ticket was $60 with no points...

Ted
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Last time I was pulled over was probably 25 years ago - last time I had to pay a ticket was 4 months ago - iT's just not the same when some left-lane hugging slow-poke that can't see my truck lights through his rear window can call the cops and grab money from your wallet without a cop anywhere near to see the truth...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bpas105
Last time I was pulled over was probably 25 years ago - last time I had to pay a ticket was 4 months ago - iT's just not the same when some left-lane hugging slow-poke that can't see my truck lights through his rear window can call the cops and grab money from your wallet without a cop anywhere near to see the truth...

How the f*ck does that work? Someone can just call the cops and they give you a ticket?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1990 but I wasn't in my own car. Buddy pulls me over for exceeding the speed limit. Car doesn't have cruise control and the closer I get to home the faster I drive apparently. He puts on the lights I pull over. He walks up and I roll down the window. I say Hi dork what do do you want....he says nothin... get out of here [bleep].

wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by bpas105

How the f*ck does that work? Someone can just call the cops and they give you a ticket?

Sure.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Averaging about 1/year for past 4 years (moved back to NC). Before that - 5/2003. The sad thing is, just one was entirely legit (making time to Alabama; 60mph speedtrap on interstate - my bad). The others? All NC state patrol bullschite. These phuektards are unreal.

Almost made it a year, was last month... was leaving town, phueker tagged me passing another car, after which I slowed right down to speed limit. Was at speedtrap where speeedlimit drops from 70mph still IN TOWN on a four-lane (congested), to 60mph LEAVING OUT OF TOWN on four-lane (rural; figure that logic). Yup, 82 in a 60. My other NC tickets are comparable in laughable bullschidedness.

Nothing but respect for LEO - excepting NC state patrol, biggest coksuckas "In the world!"

Last edited by sandcritter; 04/21/14.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,171
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.