Go figure.

Have Dog

Will Travel

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
That's obviously because you live in a seaport, where most stuff is imported from exotic places like Lonoke, Arkansas.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was only an inland Canadian.....

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went to three gun shops in town here and all three were well stocked with all sorts of 22LR. No Limits on their purchase either...

No problem finding ammo here...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Check out midway and Cabelas like right now. Not sure how long it will last.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by wageslave
CCI is made in this town.
22LR is available here most days.
It is usually not CCI brand.
Go figure.

Where something is made isn't always relevant to it's retail availability.

Had to have some Berry's bullets shipped from Graf's in MO to St. George, Utah, where they are made.

Go figure, indeed.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
We visited a couple good spots for ammo (.22).. The one place had lead CCI 49.00 / 500.. Last fall they had a bunch of Rem. at just a bit higher than normal prices.. My step son did buy some 333's for 17.99, but had to buy a .22 rifle first... Lots of all centerfire ammo...

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I went to three gun shops in town here and all three were well stocked with all sorts of 22LR. No Limits on their purchase either...

not the case in upstate NY ,it's out there but scarce

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Kuz it's gone

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Reading these posts, it seems like states along the mainland edges have better supplies compared to the upper midwest.
I rarely see it in MN and anything sitting there is a lucky find our gougers out there.
I remember seeing a bunch of remington subsonic at $15 at a walmart and a guy bought all he could and then went on to 9mm ammo. I could tell he was buying to resell because he had minimal shooting knowledge by the stupid questions he asked.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
where most stuff is imported from exotic places like Lonoke, Arkansas.

When the have any at all, Federal and Winchester is what you see in Lonoke, Arkansas. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Right now the thing to do is be patient, I am seeing very little .22 mag. or long rifle appearing on the shelves, usually in small amounts and expensive. I have seen some of the top of the line Eley at $20.00 a box on the internet, which is normal retail for this Olympic grade ammo.

I have sold 2 of my .22 rimfire guns and have put an emphasis on my pellet guns, have always been an air gun and black powder enthusiast anyways. Had thought about selling my CZ-452 that I have had since 2001, but it is too nice a gun to unload. The hoarders who are trying to get a quick profit by jacking up the price are primarily the issue now, but if we stay patient and not buy from them this should help. What ammo you have in stock I would use very sparingly, I keep it to 25-30 rounds for my .22 RF guns per trip to the range, and use my other center fire and airguns most of the time.

Another change that might happen is with the 2008 shortage, and this new one going into the second year other manufacturers might realize that expensive investment into tooling to make this caliber would be a safe and lucrative business investment. How about Ford Motor Company making .22 ammo? They have made other products like aircraft, etc. before. We are clearly in a long term need mode and with more makers, more ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If FoMoCo commenced to making 22 ammo, it would likely supplant Remington as the absolute most useless brand on the shelves.

Assumin' any actually ever got to a shelf somewhere? smirk

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Not likely there will be any new companies bringing any 22LR ammo to market within the next 3-5 years. Reason is EPA and environmental impact approval and necessary governmental (federal, state and local) production licenses being granted. There are no license applications in process.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
MissouriEd...good point, it takes time to plan, build and get up to speed a large manufacturing facility. I wonder if it can be done faster by a smaller company, like some of the gun makers, LaRue, Cooper, and Kimber when it was in Oregon?

How about a 2-3 man operation? It could be done on a farm away from the city with all it's restrictive codes

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm thinking by the time you got all your paper work and permits done and approved the gold rush would be over.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by HE112
MissouriEd...good point, it takes time to plan, build and get up to speed a large manufacturing facility. I wonder if it can be done faster by a smaller company, like some of the gun makers, LaRue, Cooper, and Kimber when it was in Oregon?

How about a 2-3 man operation? It could be done on a farm away from the city with all it's restrictive codes

You still need a ATF manufacturing license. Much too cost prohibitive for 2-3 man operation. Will take years to get all the equipment and logistics in place for raw supplies and for distribution. Reverse law of diminishing returns. All of the current manufacturers of ammo are producing it on surplus govt equipment and facilities.

Im thinking the shortage will be over the day the demo nuts are out of office.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

NOT in my part of our state...at least for reasonable prices.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in one well preserved piece, but rather to skid across the line sideways, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil and shouting "GERONIMO" at the top of your lungs!!!!"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
One LGS had Remington 500 round bricks for $89.90 each. I remembered why I don't buy stuff there.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Low and behold I found a 225 pack of 22lr Rem Golden Bullets at Walmart! Just one and I took it. I think it was $11.37? Anyway out the door for less than $12. Not a huge score to be sure but at least I can take the kids out plinking for a bit.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

336 members (160user, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 1,943 guests, and 1,090 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,026
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.