Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Jamie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
My daughter got a CPL so I had a 9mm cerakoted for her.
She's shot all of my handguns and liked this little 9 and I've shot it enough to know its dependable so figured it would make a good ccw choice for her.
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bullshit you set that up for yourself!

STA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder what the cost would be to do my wife's glock19 like that? Looks good!

randy..
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Well Jamie, you've made it so if she ever has to pull it, she'll have to shoot it. A gang-banger or car-jacker will see it and just know she doesn't have a real gun and that will be that. Sometimes they run when they know the other person is armed. Now, they'll just laugh at her and advance. She'll have to kill or be killed. Personally, let her use it at the range, but for serious work, carry a damned serious friggin gun.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
J
Jamie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Dan, now that's a opinion I never considered.

IC B2

J
Jamie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Horsefly80
Bullshit you set that up for yourself!

Ha ha. You going to make it to this weeks shoot?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Well Jamie, you've made it so if she ever has to pull it, she'll have to shoot it. A gang-banger or car-jacker will see it and just know she doesn't have a real gun and that will be that. Sometimes they run when they know the other person is armed. Now, they'll just laugh at her and advance. She'll have to kill or be killed. Personally, let her use it at the range, but for serious work, carry a damned serious friggin gun.

On the other hand, everyone knows you can't shoot a person holding a pink gun.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Jamie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Now that Dan has me second guessing my decision to have the gun done in girly pink colors. I hope a few others will comment on this thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the gun is cool (for a girl) If she ever has to pull it, she should be about 99% ready to shoot, anyways! If they advance, their bad plan, now fatal.

Lots of pink and purple and other brightly colored guns out there nowadays. If they don't know enough about guns to respect the hole in the middle of all that pink, well.... teach her to make 'em advance through a wall of bullets!

Self defense is, IMO, 99% willingness to shoot and mind set/awareness. The bad guys should be (and probably will be) looking at here EYES and body language, and listening to her voice for the real clues and signs about the severity of the situation.

If your daughter is of the right mindset, has a good PRE decided action plan encased into her phsyche, they will either know and respect that, or die learning about it.

Train her brain as well as her hands and she will be just fine.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My daughter prefers brighter colors...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A real gun has an intrinsic and visable fear factor built into it - which may thwart an evildoers' intentions.
A pink gun loses some of that deterrent.

You should'a silver plated it. cool

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hope so working tens again.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Opinions vary. My oldest Grand daughter was about nine when her Dad took her down to purchase her first rifle. It was one of those break action jobs (I've never seen it) with barrels in 22LR, 243, and 410. She flat told him guns are not supposed to be pink. She took one home with a black tupperware handle.

Seems her PaPa instilled in her that guns are for serious business.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Color doesn't matter just as long as it works.

But now, of coarse, every spare mag she buys you have to get the grip extension coated pink. eek

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Keep in mind, "training" guns or often colored and identified as "inert" and safe. I just don't see a defensive weapon colored in a manner that would suggest some ambiguity.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jamie
I hope a few others will comment on this thread.

If something bad happens it'll be because a bad guy made a decision to do something bad. Not because of you, your daughter or the color of her gun.

Let her enjoy her pink gun.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Keep in mind, "training" guns or often colored and identified as "inert" and safe. I just don't see a defensive weapon colored in a manner that would suggest some ambiguity.

Some police departments have orange shotguns for bean bag rounds and yellow tazers. I'd never recommend a cop carry a real yellow gun or load buckshot into an orange shotgun because of the possible deadly confusion that could follow.

But unless Jamie's daughter also has a pink training gun in her house I don't see the pinkness as an issue.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

If something bad happens it'll be because a bad guy made a decision to do something bad. Not because of you, your daughter or the color of her gun.

Well said, and spot on.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Exactly.

Besides, the vast majority of the time when somebody draws their gun, they are drawing it because they are planning to shoot it the moment they can get it into action. The color matters not in such cases.

The rest of the time, if a woman draws a pink gun and points it at a guy and in a shaky voice says, "Don't come any closer. I'll shoot," how many people are going to test whether her gun is real by going at her?

I also would venture a guess that most people know that guns come in a variety of colors these days. You can get pink or purple guns from the factory if that's what you want. Color isn't at all likely to impact whether a bad decides to go at her after seeing she has a gun in hand.

Hope she loves shooting it!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now that Dan has me second guessing my decision to have the gun done in girly pink colors. I hope a few others will comment on this thread.

Sorry about my cute comment earlier. Here is the answer:

There is a potential deterrent effect to having bad guys recognizing something as a firearm, but the main point is to have one in the first place. There is no assurance in any particular situation that your daughter�s gun will have a lesser deterrent effect than if it had not been cerakoted pink. So, as long as she knows how to use it, she should carry it in good health with the comfort and safety it provides.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (Angus55, 160user, 257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 35, 10ring1, 14 invisible), 1,523 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,892
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.