Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I have had the unfortunate experience to have had to sign up for Obamacare and have a European trip scheduled for this spring.

I am thinking an experienced traveler on this site may have had to investigate the same subject.

The individual that assisted me in signing up for Obamacare tells me that once you are outside the US you have no insurance and will need to find a supplemental policy

I would appreciate any leads you may have for me to follow up.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
The only country stupid enough to embrace Obamacare is the good ol' USA.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck getting an Obamacare policy accepted in much of the US. Outside of the US who is going to accept a policy where coverage can continue for 90 days if the premiums are not paid, but the insurer / taxpayers are only required to cover the first 30 days. It would be like accepting a credit card without knowing if it a valid account.

Last edited by CharlesL; 03/23/14.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Obamacare tells me that once you are outside the US you have no insurance and will need to find a supplemental policy

but foreigners come here and medical is on the house grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by safarihunter
I have had the unfortunate experience to have had to sign up for Obamacare....

Good luck with that....

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I will stay out of the political fray by stating, I do not know of a private insurer that will cover healthcare outside of the United States. I am quite comfortable in stating that Obamacare will not be an exception.

I have carried Medjet Assist medical evacuation insurance since 1996. You may have to be hospitalized and pay a few bills while abroad but once you have been stabilized Medjet will get you home where you are covered.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My private plan told me to bring home the charges and they would reimburse...

Gary

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I would call the company that your policy is through, ask them your questions directly and then once they verbally tell you have them confirm via e-mail so you can print & save.

last year there was talk of sending me to Russia for a week for work and there were a few medical insurance options to cover me while out of country, I don't remember the company I was looking through but a google search just brought up International Medical Group imglobal.com looks like they are set up to offer short term world-wide medical insurance. I think mine was going to cost about $200 but not 100% sure as the trip fell through

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
As much as the Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare is a cluster that is actually up to your carrier. Some do a better job than others when it comes to paying benefits outside the US. Historically the Blue Cross plans have done about the best job through their BlueCard or BlueCard Worldwide which is part of almost all their plans.

But like Tim_B already said, its best to check with your actual carrier and ask them what they provide outside the US.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I heard there is an island where Obama care is successful:

It's called: FANTASY ISLAND

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Travel guard is my first choice when traveling overseas, great coverage and very affordable!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (10ring1, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 3,528 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,523
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.