Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
pira114 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Nothing political here. Just a funny story.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/bizarre&id=9478425#&cmp=fb-kgo-article-9478425

Girl gives cop parking ticket
Monday, March 24, 2014
When Annie James saw a police car parked in the fire zone at her apartment complex, she left the cop aparking ticket.
(KGO Photo)
TAGS:driving, children, watercooler
Comment NowEmailPrintReport a typo
ShareThis via email, AIM, social bookmarking and networking sites, etc.

BAYTOWN, Texas (KGO) -- You wouldn't think a police officer would be happy to be told he was out of line by a 14-year-old, but that was the case in Baytown, Texas.

Annie James spotted a police cruiser parked in the fire zone and on the curb at her apartment complex. So she left a handwritten, $10 parking ticket on the windshield of the patrol car.

"I came to my car and I saw a piece of paper on my windshield; I took it off and opened it and read it and I started laughing immediately," Ofc. Tommy King said. "I thought it was neat that she made that for $10 but not to herself."

Related Content
LINK: Follow @abc7newsbayarea on Twitter
Not only did King pay the fine, he also gave Annie a $40 gift card to Toys R Us.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Officer King gots class. I'll go to sleep tonight thinking about Baytown Texas, I'll be thinking it is a good place.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OTOH (On the other hand), the girl has an attitude and will get an attitude adjustment at some point in her life.

As an enforcement Officer, when someone requests my help, I will make every attempt to park in compliance with all laws. However, if there is no legal spots, I will, and can in the service of my job, park in the fire lane, on the sidewalk, wherever is required to get my job done, as long as the public is not endangered.

Understand, I am not parking for hours or overnight. I am there for the short time it takes for me to do my job, and then I am out of there.

So while it is a cute story, the girl had no call to leave a "ticket".

And no I'm not acting above the law. I drive an emergency marked vehicle and I am expediting my job, serving the public.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AB2506
OTOH (On the other hand), the girl has an attitude and will get an attitude adjustment at some point in her life.

As an enforcement Officer, when someone requests my help, I will make every attempt to park in compliance with all laws. However, if there is no legal spots, I will, and can in the service of my job, park in the fire lane, on the sidewalk, wherever is required to get my job done, as long as the public is not endangered.

Understand, I am not parking for hours or overnight. I am there for the short time it takes for me to do my job, and then I am out of there.

And no I'm not acting above the law. I drive an emergency marked vehicle and I am expediting my job, serving the public.

Yes you are correct, the girl will get an attitude adjustment from someone whether she needs it or not...and the story was all about you so you did well to defend your actions.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Cute story, good all around here. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

pira114 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Damn it man, this was just a funny story. Cant we have those anymore? ?

Hope that's not really the attitude you do your job with. If so, you're gonna stress yourself out. Relax. Take up smoking or something

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
+1. No need for a power trip. I though it was a cute story too.

You'll shoot your eye out
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OTOH (On the other hand)

WTFWYTOTOHATEWIM (Why The F--k Would You Type OTOH And Then Explain What It Means)? Why not simply say "on the other hand" to begin with?

As an enforcement Officer

And what the hell's an "enforcement officer"?

Meter Maid?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Assistant jailer.

You'll shoot your eye out
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mgw619
Assistant jailer.

Ahhh,,, AJ,,, got it.

IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5thShock
...I'll go to sleep tonight thinking about Baytown Texas, I'll be thinking it is a good place.

Sure. A place where citizens have to take the law into their own hands. smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

So, a little girl points out something being done wrong by a cop, and you feel she "has an attitude" and that it will "get an adjustment" someday? I'm glad that the officer in this story and most that I know aren't pricks like you.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Security guard?

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
It's good to be special!!

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So you have judged that he was on an official call, and needed to park there. If that is true, no ticket is warranted, but if it was convince, say, to get a cup of Joe and a doughnut, then yes he needed a ticket. I don't recall the story saying. lighten up. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Same could be said for a pizza delivery guy, but I'm betting you wouldn't cut him any slack.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What's the matter dickhead? No chuckles today? It was a funny story roll with it.

Denny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
OTOH (On the other hand)

WTFWYTOTOHATEWIM (Why The F--k Would You Type OTOH And Then Explain What It Means)? Why not simply say "on the other hand" to begin with?

That's the funniest thing I've ever read.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Yes you are correct, the girl will get an attitude adjustment from someone whether she needs it or not...and the story was all about you so you did well to defend your actions.

Bettin that "emergency decaled vehicle" is a dually wink

Last edited by Raeford; 03/26/14.

FJB & FJT
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I "pulled" a local Sheriff over one time. He was in front of me and made 3 turns without using his blinker once. Put on my flashers, and he amazingly pulled into parking lot. When he asked me what the problem was, I said "there must be something wrong with your blinkers." For some reason he didn't seem overly amused.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1234, 42 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,107
Posts18,502,189
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.