Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 39 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 38 39
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Somewhere back there I managed to grasp the theory and design principles associated with the AI. Did you ever have a quiet personal conversation with Ackley on the subject of his various "improvements"? There is more than one way to mess up a finely made rifle.

I've never talked to Mr.Ackley but I've read both of his books. Have you done either?
I also have been reloading for over 30 years and shoot through a chronograph when I develop all of my loads.
I'll say this about your statement that "improved yields no results one way or another". You are wrong. Straightening the case walls and moving the shoulder angles from 28 degrees to 40 degrees allows the case to hold more powder. It's as simple as that. I can't believe I have to say this but... More powder means more velocity.
I suggest that you stick with 22's and the old Ought Six.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by CCCC
Somewhere back there I managed to grasp the theory and design principles associated with the AI. Did you ever have a quiet personal conversation with Ackley on the subject of his various "improvements"? There is more than one way to mess up a finely made rifle.

I've never talked to Mr.Ackley but I've read both of his books. Have you done either?
I also have been reloading for over 30 years and shoot through a chronograph when I develop all of my loads.
I'll say this about your statement that "improved yields no results one way or another". You are wrong. Straightening the case walls and moving the shoulder angles from 28 degrees to 40 degrees allows the case to hold more powder. It's as simple as that. I can't believe I have to say this but... More powder means more velocity.
I suggest that you stick with 22's and the old Ought Six.

There goes that trigger finger again - quick to call a guy "wrong" with no basis, and to suggest that he limit his shooting - that must take a powerful intellect. Quite a bit of blowing up there - but 30 years of "experience" and using a chronograph may not mean much, particularly when merely talking basics. Can reading Ackley's books mean much when the fellow seems unable to understand simple writing here. I never said that an AI yields no results one way or another. I said that applying that term "improved" yields no such result. Kindly re-read for comprehension. (No matter what "they" say, the term "improved" yields no result one way or the other - it is a label used by the designer.) I feel that the length or depth of my personal experience means little, or nothing, in these situations but - in direct answer to your inquiry - yes, I have done both.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess I'm just too stupid to understand the nuances of your version of the English language. And the fact that you are playing with words means little to me,just like you do.
Carry on Einstein... Maybe Rick will proclaim you the Campfire Pros Laureate.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
We are nine days out, folks!

Things are coming together nicely. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Current count for meals;

Friday night supper is ~21.
Saturday Breakfast is ~26
Saturday Lunch is ~38
Saturday Supper is ~35
Sunday Breakfst is ~34

These numbers are subject to change if I get more confirmations.

Current CONFIRMED attendees (for some or all of the weekend);

My Bride, #1 son, and I
kaywoodie
BrotherBart
ltppowell
Wtxj
curdog4570
stxhunter
milespatton
Sponxx & family
HugAJackass & family
CCCC & bride
Tx270
RIO7
SteveNO & Grace
gunner500
Oldman2003, bride & friend
tex_n_cal
labarr
Texczech, bride & friend
websterparish47
Paladin
Mystery Guest

Probable UNCONFIRMED attendees;

If you can, please let us know if you are going to be able to make it, the sooner, the better so we can plan meals, shooting events, etc.

prairie dog shooter
Big C
bcolorado
slip sinker
mudhen
Mystery Guest2

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Here is the menu as it stands, who is bringing what, also the other food items, condiments, etc that we will need for each meal;

Items in green are still needed. I have posted approximate amounts next to each item based on latest numbers.

Supper Friday;
Fish curdog4570 & ?
Coleslaw Ed
Red Beans Ed
Fries - 10lb?
Barbara's Soup Barbara
Additional Needs;Tartar Sauce, Onions

Breakfast Saturday;
Scrambled Eggs Wtxj
Sausage & Bacon texncal & milespatton
Picante Sauce Sponxx
Flour tortillas tdd4570 via ?
Breakfast Pastries - couple dozen mixed donuts?
Coffee
Tea Ed
Additional Needs; Sweeteners for coffee & tea, hot sauce

Lunch Saturday;
Crawfish Oldman2003
Potatoes Oldman2003
Corn Oldman2003
Burgers & Buns Texczech
Hot Dogs & Buns Sponxx
Chips Sponxx
Ketchup, mustard, and mayo Texczech
Sweet Tea Oldman2003 & ?
Unsweetened Tea Oldman2003 & ?
Additional Needs; hot sauce, onions, relish

Saturday Supper;
Brisket BrotherBart & ltppowell
Shrimp stxhunter
Potato Salad BrotherBart
Baked Potatoes Sponxx
Pico de Gallo Ed
Red Beans Ed
Cobbler Wtxj
Cake Oldman2003
S�Mores?
Additional Needs; Cocktail Sauce, hot sauce

Breakfast Sunday;

Scrambled Eggs Wtxj
Sausage Texncal
Picante Sauce Sponxx
Flour Tortillas tdd4570 via ?
Breakfast Pastries
Coffee
Tea Ed

On top of these, we will need ice for icing down beverages and keeping foods cool. I have coolers if someone wants to make a run into Gilmer for ice.
I know that RIO7 and milespatton both are bringing coolers with ice. RIO7 is bringing bottles of drinking water & some soft drinks.

Ed

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ed, I will pick some ice on the way. Is there a Buccces near? We will bring a cooler with the food items and fill it with ice.
I may be able to swing some sugar for the drinks too.

Ohh, any shotshell reloaders? got some once Rem Nitro and STS hulls, if there is interest I will bring them

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
North Texas doesn't know what a bucces is.
Yes it's a gas station/
Land may be in process of being bought on I35 E out in Cornith.
May be built in 2 years or so. You guys just enjoy you lots of pumps and clean bathrooms.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Not a clue what a Buccess(sp?) is. Of course, I'm not a native Texican, either, so there's a lot of things about Texas I don't know. grin

Is that a giant gas station with a demented, redneck beaver for a logo?

If so, no, there's not one close, but there is one on the way from Houston to here, my daughter and SIL always stop there as a break for my grandson.

Ed

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
That sounds great!!!! I may be working a deal on a Rem 722 in 257 Bob tomorrow. If it pans out, I'll bring it to Ed's!

I'm sure going to miss meeting all of you next weekend. Mr. Kaywoodie, I was very fortunate to be able to purchase Mike Walker's personal 722 in 257 Roberts a few years ago. I sure need to shoot it to see what it will do.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Butch,

It was great meeting you and spending time today. I really wish you could make it next weekend!

Thank you for donating those gifts, they will be prizes for some really great shooters. grin

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Here is the AMENDED AMENDMENT OF THE AMENDED menu as of 7:50PM CDT today, who is bringing what, also the other food items, condiments, etc that we will need for each meal;

Items in green are still needed. I have posted approximate amounts next to each item based on latest numbers.

Supper Friday;
Fish curdog4570 & ?
Coleslaw Ed
Red Beans Ed
Fries - 10lb?
Barbara's Soup Barbara
Additional Needs;Tartar Sauce, Onions

Breakfast Saturday;
Scrambled Eggs Wtxj
Sausage & Bacon texncal & milespatton
Picante Sauce Sponxx
Flour tortillas tdd4570 via ?
Breakfast Pastries - couple dozen mixed donuts?
Coffee Paladin
Tea Ed

Lunch Saturday;
Crawfish Oldman2003
Potatoes Oldman2003
Corn Oldman2003
Burgers & Buns Texczech
Hot Dogs & Buns Sponxx
Chips Sponxx
Ketchup, mustard, and mayo Texczech
Sweet Tea Oldman2003 & ?
Unsweetened Tea Oldman2003 & ?
Snacks (Assorted aterery hardening, diabetes inducing, gout irritating junk food grin ) Wtxj
Additional Needs; hot sauce, onions, relish

Saturday Supper;
Brisket BrotherBart & ltppowell
Shrimp stxhunter
Potato Salad BrotherBart
Baked Potatoes Sponxx
Pico de Gallo Ed
Red Beans Ed
Cobbler Wtxj
Cake Oldman2003
S�Mores?
Additional Needs; Cocktail Sauce, hot sauce

Breakfast Sunday;

Scrambled Eggs Wtxj
Sausage Texncal
Picante Sauce Sponxx
Flour Tortillas tdd4570 via ?
Breakfast Pastries
Coffee Paladin
Tea Ed

On top of these, we will need ice for icing down beverages and keeping foods cool. I have coolers if someone wants to make a run into Gilmer for ice.
I know that RIO7 and milespatton both are bringing coolers with ice. RIO7 is bringing bottles of drinking water & some soft drinks.

Ed

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ed, You are great salesperson. Did a lot better than I. I really enjoyed the visit. We had a great turnout at Shilen's early and it tapered off around 1AM.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Finally have word from court and family...

Trip is on!!!

Will be there Friday.

Besides some extra cigars what can I help out with???

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Finally have word from court and family...
Trip is on!!!
Will be there Friday.
Besides some extra cigars what can I help out with???

Yahoo!!!

Would you pick up the fries? That would be a great help. I had thought 1/2 lb of fries per person would be a generous amount. What do you think?

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any last minute stuff we need, I can pick up along the way. I will be monitoring from a McDonald's with their free WiFi, during my Doctor and Wife ordered breaks. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Not a clue what a Buccess(sp?) is. Of course, I'm not a native Texican, either, so there's a lot of things about Texas I don't know. grin

Is that a giant gas station with a demented, redneck beaver for a logo?

If so, no, there's not one close, but there is one on the way from Houston to here, my daughter and SIL always stop there as a break for my grandson.

Ed

Buc-ee's is a chain of world class tourist's traps - most around Houston or on the way to Austin. They have the nicest restrooms of any gas station you'll ever see, and decent food. Usually carry some hunting accessories, too - feeders, camo clothing, Yeti coolers, etc. They also discourage large trucks, so you don't get lot lizards or livestock trucks, and the places are family friendly. The one you mention is near Madisonville, on I-45.

I confess I haven't bought any beaver nuggets, though...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

I confess I haven't bought any beaver nuggets, though...

eek eek shocked

Do I want to know where on a beaver you find "nuggets"?!?

grin
Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I expect over the years, there's been many a parent stumped by the question, "what's a Beaver Nugget?", after their child saw a Buc-ee's sign grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ed, we know about moose nuggets.

Page 31 of 39 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,521
Posts18,509,659
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.