Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 39 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 38 39
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Last Thursday Buc-ee's 20 lb bags of ice for 99cents!!!! That was in New Braunfels.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Ed, we know about moose nuggets.

Yessir, we do. grin

Remind me sometime to tell you about the oatmeal chocolate cookies that were enjoyed by the entire APD night shift patrol guys. eek grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
You shot that savage model 20 yet???? I wanna know if that new front sight works.

I did shoot it today, and I think the front sight will be fine. I may file it slightly for the sight picture, but height wise it should work - at least with 150gr loads. I need to round up some jeweler's screwdrivers to adjust the itty-bitty screws on that Lyman bolt peep sight, but it should be do-able.

I also shot the 1907. Did well, only lost one case out of 20 smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
wish rattler and I could be there but 2 trips in one month just isn't workable. Looking forward to posts from the weekend,

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
You shot that savage model 20 yet???? I wanna know if that new front sight works.

I did shoot it today, and I think the front sight will be fine. I may file it slightly for the sight picture, but height wise it should work - at least with 150gr loads. I need to round up some jeweler's screwdrivers to adjust the itty-bitty screws on that Lyman bolt peep sight, but it should be do-able.

I also shot the 1907. Did well, only lost one case out of 20 smile

Awesome. File away!!! You should be ok. As you saw I tried to fashion a bead. But there should be plenty.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keith and Sheridan - wish you could be there - going to miss you guys.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC

Yes, we will.

I don't get it, giving up a weekend with us just to go hang out with The Worlds Most Interesting Man, eating and drinking well, killing piggies, and making great memories. crazy grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by CCCC

Yes, we will.

I don't get it, giving up a weekend with us just to go hang out with The Worlds Most Interesting Man, eating and drinking well, killing piggies, and making great memories. crazy grin

Ed

got to meet Doc at DSC, and know a couple of the other culprits; I expect they will have a pretty good time smile

as for our Gathering, based on my trip to the range yesterday, there is no danger of me winning any prizes, so I guess I'll just enjoy letting people shoot some interesting things. grin

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I've been too busy to load, so I will be winning the "Red Lantern" prize. grin
(That's last place for those who are too young to remember that there was a red lantern hanging from the very rear of a train's caboose. laugh ).

FYI, the weather is supposed to break for us Friday and Saturday with partly cloudy skies, lows around 50 and highs in the low 70's. Rain Thursday and Sunday afternoon, so folks driving in, please give yourselves plenty of time.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 03/31/14. Reason: Kaint tipe or spel

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Patrick, could you get up with Dave (tdd4570) and get the flour tortillas from him?

Ed

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Patrick, could you get up with Dave (tdd4570) and get the flour tortillas from him?

Ed

I think I can one of these evenings, assuming he's home.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks!

Ed

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ed, that's nice about the weather. Our son had fever up to 104F all weekend, but he is better and hopefully will be ready for the meet. Our plan is to pick them up from preschool at noon. Have lunch, finalize stuff and depart. Hopefully we should be there by 6 or so.

As far as shooting, I will present a stout battle to for the Red Lantern Award:
I have a used but unshot by me 243, (still unscoped and no ammo found)
New load on the 7mmRM and some adjustments on the scope that I have no clue where it will hit
NIB 9mm PX4.
12ga clay shooting I may be able to fare a little better:
Dove hunting in Peru last month: [Linked Image]
I can fish some too:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Should be good weather for us!

I don't think there are any fish like those in our ponds, particularly that big one in the last photo. grin

What IS that?

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Sponxx,

Speaking of .243, the local WalMart has several varieties of ammo for it. grin

Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed, et al. Count me out. I'm bummed, but just can't get away this weekend. Maybe next year, if there is a next year. Hope you guys have a hell of a good time!

Ben

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Well, that bums me out, too.

We'll hoist one for you. grin

Ed

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ed and others,

Unfortunately it's looking like I'm not going to be able to make it. My child care coverage for the first part of Saturday had some issues come up and won't be available I found out late last night.

Still a slim possibility I can make it but it's doubtful.

Bill

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The flat ones are flounders... but much better tasting since it is the pacific ones and cold waters. The funky one we call guitar fish, family of sharks and rays, and has features of both. Though no teeth and no barb or venom, so he got the short end of both sticks! can you imagine venomous shark like teeth!!
Re: .243, I found a box at Walmart, though I still will have to scope it and try it at the gathering. Is there is cheap .243 Win ammo?

Tx270: bring the kids, that's what I am doing.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tx270
Ed and others,

Unfortunately it's looking like I'm not going to be able to make it. My child care coverage for the first part of Saturday had some issues come up and won't be available I found out late last night.

Still a slim possibility I can make it but it's doubtful.

Bill

I'm sorry to hear that, Bill! I hope you can get up this way another time.

Ed

Page 32 of 39 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,517
Posts18,509,595
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.