Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A 2010 lengthy interview with then 92 year-old Dr. Hienz Migeod, former Luftwaffe pilot, broken down on youtube into numerous pieces.

An unrepentant Nazi, of the sort it would have been a joy to shoot down back then, Migeod was shot down and captured by the Brits in '42 while providing close air support to Rommel in North Africa. Obviously tough, smart and dedicated back then, and still lucid at 92, Migeod gives a glimpse of the sort of men many of our parent's and grandparent's generation had to face.

"We did an offensive on France, it was not an invasion..."

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He pales in comparison to Hans Ulrich Rudel. These guys were tougher than the back wall of a shooting gallery. Good interview and proof positive we need to keep the Germans busy, lest they get that wanderlust again smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't open up the You Tube stuff and get it to run-problems with my computer. My dad frequently told me the German weapon he feared the most was the Stuka, and he faced them many times. He said the dive sirens they used were very scary to the guys, and he had many nightmares about the Stukas diving on his positions. Dad was infantry, and his unit was badly mauled at Kasserine Pass by Rommel's tanks and from overhead by the ever present Stukas. They shot one down near Dad one time-no idea who hit it. He said you could have walked across the AA fire they put up at those bombers. When the schidt died down, dad went to the wreck and salvaged a tail light beacon and a piece of tubular aluminum off the frame which he fashioned into a crude ring. We still own these two momentos to this day.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
30 years ago I went to German jump school with the 263rd falshirmjager Bn, and at the time there was a reunion at the nco club attended by WWII German paras. Old as those men were you could still see the toughness in their eyes and they were for the most part still fit and in shape.
Being a combat vet myself we had something in common, but I knew without a doubt they had been through tougher times than I ever had.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Luftwaffe had excellent pilots early on but were sacrificed by the arrogance of Goering and Hitler's tactical stupidity which eventually became their demise and turned the tide in Europe.You almost have to feel sorry for these old Nazi warriors who flew so many more missions than their allied counterparts to no avail.

Thanks for the vid BW.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
He pales in comparison to Hans Ulrich Rudel. These guys were tougher than the back wall of a shooting gallery. Good interview and proof positive we need to keep the Germans busy, lest they get that wanderlust again smile

I fear even the modern day Germans have pussed out to a large degree.

Gay activists hurl feces at German parents protesting pro-gay school curriculum: report
BY THADDEUS BAKLINSKI
Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:27 EST

GERMANY, March 28, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) � As parents in Germany have protested a new pro-homosexual �sexual diversity� curriculum in their schools, homosexual activists have attacked them by hurling feces and destroying their property, according to the Observatory on Intolerance and Discrimination against Christians, which documents anti-Christian incidents in Europe.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Rudel? Migeod knew the man back when he was an "insufficient pilot" who couldn't fly in close formation. Rejected by Migeod's own unit, Rudel was assigned to ferry planes to the Russian Front, where another commander gave him one more chance.....

Hey, tho' I had other things needing doing, I must have listened to this guy talk for two hours last night cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well he must have caught up in a hurry. Without question, Rudel was "THE" quintessential Stuka Driver with the biggest set of brass balls this side of General Galland. Hell, they even made a one of a kind special decoration for him.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Well he must have caught up in a hurry. Without question, Rudel was "THE" quintessential Stuka Driver with the biggest set of brass balls this side of General Galland. Hell, they even made a one of a kind special decoration for him.

Wasn't he contacted during A-10 development for input?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The SBD drivers were pretty good too, and a much better plane.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Could have been like Richtofen, who had several crashes and nearly washed out of Flight School.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Already mentioned here, but a good read is STUKA PILOT, by Hans Rudel

http://www.amazon.com/Operational-F...eywords=stuka+pilot+by+hans+ulrich+rudel

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Though not a Dive-bomber Pilot, but another one that nearly washed out that became very proficient.

Robert Stanford Tuck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That Nazi is another pathetic looser.

All they can do is prove over and over that they don't even know how to win a war.

Your Nazi's.
[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I can't open up the You Tube stuff and get it to run-problems with my computer. My dad frequently told me the German weapon he feared the most was the Stuka, and he faced them many times. He said the dive sirens they used were very scary to the guys, and he had many nightmares about the Stukas diving on his positions. Dad was infantry, and his unit was badly mauled at Kasserine Pass by Rommel's tanks and from overhead by the ever present Stukas. They shot one down near Dad one time-no idea who hit it. He said you could have walked across the AA fire they put up at those bombers. When the schidt died down, dad went to the wreck and salvaged a tail light beacon and a piece of tubular aluminum off the frame which he fashioned into a crude ring. We still own these two momentos to this day.

What outfit was your dad in? My old 500 partner (who passed last year) was with the 34th. He and two others (Signal Corps) burned their jeep and walked out of Kasserine.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tim Allen in an old stand-up said the Germans got their wanderlust because their food was chit. Said they were standing on the border of France and said, "Hey, what are they coking over there?". I thought that one was pretty funny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Savage_99
That Nazi is another pathetic looser.

All they can do is prove over and over that they don't even know how to win a war.

You pop out of your hole every time Germany or Nazis are mentioned. It's like you are obsessed with them.
Isn't it time for you to go out to dinner somewhere?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
a huge percentage of those Stuka JU87 pilots were killed in action. Not enough of 'em though. I hate Nazis.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
a huge percentage of those Stuka JU87 pilots were killed in action. Not enough of 'em though. I hate Nazis.

I agree with you Sam. The pilot in those YouTube clips is an evil bastard.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I like this quote/paraphrase:

"The planes came out of the sun, and we could see their roundels. We called them "peacock eyes". They were Spitfires [more likely Hurricanes, at that point in the war,]. And we were over our target, and the Spitfires joined in our dive, and they were shooting on us. We went into a deep dive, and our commander gave a stiff order over the wireless, 'Down as deep as we can!'... and we had our diving brake, which limited our airspeed to 550 km/h,and the poor Spitfires had no diving brake, and they couldn't pull their planes out of the dive, and four Spitfires went into the ground."

I always wondered how these slow lumbering Stukas survived air attacks from superior fighters...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

257 members (5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 1,090 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,058
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.