Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I want to say "thank you" to the following for your prayers, kind words, thoughts, and well wishes following my surgery and subsequent condition at CTCA:

ConradCA, gophergunner, iambrb, Ringman, Hugajackass [reddot], TLEE, rattler, plainsman456, Scotty, APSDDSNO84, Schedmarm, hillbillybear, JPRO, Miss Lynn, Powerguy, Gun Geezer, Oldman2003, Eremicus, GSP814, The Real Hawkeye, 280shooter, 79s, rockinbbar, Dave in WV, crossfireoops, byc, MGunns, oldtrapper, texasbatman, derby dude, CCCC, RickcNY, RNF, 12344mag, RickyD, wilkeshunter, Fireball2, nighthawk, daveyreka, Longbeardking, keith dunlap, NDsnowman, aviator, Colorado1135, Hotload, seal billy, kenHowell, shrapnel, missouriEd, luv2safari, 4xbear, bama rick, eyeball, and anyone else I may have missed!

I recall laying in bed in the middle of the night with my NG tube [stomach pump] and feeling God's presence and peace in our room and I know it was because of all the prayers going up. God was "running the show" and it didn't take long for me to realize I was totally dependent on His intervention and His timing for healing.

With God's strength I went back to work 3 weeks after getting home and I am able to walk almost an hour without pain. We will be heading back to CTCA on Wednesday to get my surgeon's clearance and for the oncologist to resume treatment.

It was a joy to hear Mark [Safariman] read the various posts that all of you made during those 11 long days. I appreciate your kindness and prayers more than words can convey.

Mark, thank you so much for being my constant companion, helper, advocate, and prayer support. Your sacrifice and love will never be forgotten.

Last edited by Asphaltangel; 04/05/14.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
glad your doing better

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I missed that you were ill, belated prayers sent for your continued recovery.
My experience is that CTCA is top-notch. Listen to the experts.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I love good news... strength and peace...

Kent

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Praise be to The Lord.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Glad your doing better, God bless.

Always a good day when cancer gets its butt kicked.

Last edited by 12344mag; 04/05/14.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you Mark,

I completely agree with your "top notch" assessment of CTCA. We fly 1 hr to Seattle and then 4 hours to Chicago each time, but the trip is well worth it for the quality of care received.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rattler
glad your doing better

Hey rattler! I just had flashbacks of that cross country trip to TN. The Cracker Barrels that you and Mark loved so much, the cop pulling me over and me firmly telling Mark to pray, and you weaving in the lane because you weren't used to "the rise in the road." ...and then all of our "ailments" LOL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah that was fun to do......once laugh though im driving to Texas in a few weeks so i may not learn to fast crazy

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good to hear.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is truly blessed news. It just reinforces my belief in the power of prayer here at the campfire. I need to read more good outcomes like this. Best wishes and God Bless to all our members,especially those that are ailing or hurting in any way.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by eyeball
Praise be to The Lord.
+1 and glad to hear your doing better !!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fantastic news. We will continue to keep you two in our prayers.

Jim

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You got 'em again! smile

Please continue to fully recover!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Praise the Lord for prayers answered and his intercession on your behalf.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gophergunner
This is truly blessed news. It just reinforces my belief in the power of prayer here at the campfire. I need to read more good outcomes like this. Best wishes and God Bless to all our members,especially those that are ailing or hurting in any way.

It has certainly reinforced my belief in the power of prayer here and I am encouraged in my spirit as well. I was growing a bit weary of the negativity that some seem to enjoy. Ephesians 6:12-18 came to mind and the outpouring of support quickly wipes out any negative. Thank you for "building up" others.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Asphaltangel

It has certainly reinforced my belief in the power of prayer here and I am encouraged in my spirit as well. I was growing a bit weary of the negativity that some seem to enjoy. Ephesians 6:12-18 came to mind and the outpouring of support quickly wipes out any negative. Thank you for "building up" others.

It is a little confusing. Some of the same people offering up prayers and requesting prayer are the same people who post hurtful, mean and negative comments about others and drool over and/or post pictures of scantily clad women young enough to be their daughters or granddaughters.

I was taught that living a Christian life is an on all the time lifestyle, not part-time when we hide behind a keyboard and we are somewhat anonymous.

I need to look in the mirror regularly and consider if what i am doing or saying or writing is presenting a witness worthy of the Christ who has saved me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The blackest and darkest of nights cannot overcome the light of even the smallest candle. You are right on the money here, sweetheart. And we sure could use some more positive posters around the campfire.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AB2506

It is a little confusing. Some of the same people offering up prayers and requesting prayer are the same people who post hurtful, mean and negative comments about others and drool over and/or post pictures of scantily clad women young enough to be their daughters or granddaughters.

I was taught that living a Christian life is an on all the time lifestyle, not part-time when we hide behind a keyboard and we are somewhat anonymous.

I need to look in the mirror regularly and consider if what i am doing or saying or writing is presenting a witness worthy of the Christ who has saved me.
AB-thanks for your concern, but if this was directed at me I would have to take exception to your comments. I don't post pictures like you spoke of and don't respond on those threads.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great news!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 18,187 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,843
Posts18,537,288
Members74,047
Most Online19,942

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.