Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 39 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Maybe next year we can get there Dennis.

Kent

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
You'd better...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My brother and I just arrived back in Houston. Lots of rain on the way back, but it turned out okay.

The food and company were excellent! We had a fine time - and I appreciate the shooting tip from Ed, on what I was doing wrong. I'm going to blame Gunner's 8 bore smile

And I learned a .470 Nitro kicks less than a .577 blush

Congrats to Paul, for winning the PD shoot with a single shot rifle! And I appreciate my valuable tied-for-3rd place prize! grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Oldman (Randy), his wonderful wife, and young son did a fine job with the mud bugs! Yesterday's lunch!

[Linked Image]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Oldman (Randy), his wonderful wife, and young son did a fine job with the mud bugs! Yesterday's lunch!

[Linked Image]

cry

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

[Linked Image]

cry

No kidding.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I made it home a long time ago. Set in my chair for a min. and fell asleep. I was a tired puppy.

Want to Thank Ed and Barbara for the stay. They are
great host.
Got to meet several friendly people. The whiskey was good, the food was great with many very good people around.

PD shoot was at 200 yards. Great shot by Paul and a wonderful reward for that one shot donated by B Lambert. Great guy to give what he did.

Bob, (Kaywoodie), he wanted to be an actor is all I can say.
Blue has great steel targets that he hauled all the way from one corner of TX. the the other. They work.
Houston Pat and Miles both helped with the morning duties and made that part liveable.
Kris from Houston helped with the eggs as there were lots to fix.
Lunch, what a wonderful meal. Second time I have ever eaten mudbugs, loved the flavor.
Dinner, was put on by blue. So much steak we couldn't eat it all. the women took charge of the set up and did a wonderful job getting things ready to serve.
David from Wy. He, blue and Gene cooked all the steaks, did a great job.
The rain, well lets just say we need all we can get out here.
Only reason NE Tex has the trees it does is because of the large amounts of rain.

Eds place, beautiful, two big ponds lots of big trees and a one lane road in and out. I asked him where the stills are hidden, didn't know we had places like that in Texas.

Oh I did see two quarters tossed in the air and shot with a pistol. Hard to believe we have one person on the board that can do that. Yes he is a WY resident. Turns out my son (lives in Tx) , who works in the mgt. part of the oil field knows this guy (David). Talked to him (son) today and he said yes he is a really nice guy.

That's all I'm going to say. Pics, some were taken, not many by me. My I phone (Sprint service) doesn't like it out there so the battery ran down real fast. Took a few.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
Maybe next year we can get there Dennis.

Kent

We need some sorta' funky "tour Bus",....fast and powerful diesel,....woodstove heat, clean potable water and FEW other amenities, ....something one can hose out or pressure was inside, after a tour.

I hate missing this one too,......

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm looking forward to all these pictures!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also want to add, many thanks to Ed and Barbara for their hospitality. They really have a beautiful spread. Many thanks to all who pitched in with the food, and cooking chores. And lots of fine beverages too.

Our shooting session was a really nice deal, very skillfully and safely run. We had everyone from kiddos, to new adult shooters, to vintage arms, to heavy double rifles. A fine time was had by all. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Was a great get together. Ed and Barbara were wonderful host/ hostess.

I was beginning to disbelieve my GPS when I hit that one lane road but it took me to a beautiful home site.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Their place is gorgeous, isn't it? Bringing my fishing pole next time! wink

Founder

WS

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Me too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks to all who participated and contributed to a fine time of shooting, fellowship and good food. Ed and Barbara were fabulous hosts who shared their lovely place so generously. It was so good to meet new Campfire guys and attach faces and personalities to names. So engaged and busy that I forgot to take even a single photo, I know that others did so and am looking forward to the photo reminders of the many mental images carried home.

You all can bet that I will be writing quite a thank you to butchlambert.

Ours was about 2000 miles round trip and we again enjoyed seeing much of Texas. The trip home was going great until last night, at the only traffic signal in Rule, TX, the clutch release bearing seized. So - no clutch action with a 4 speed manual trans. A good challenge! Got off to the side and grabbed a bit of sleep.

Then started the truck in 2nd gear, managed two correct-rev slip shifts and drove almost all the way home in 4th gear. (over 500 miles, including several traffic signals, three stop signs, a few corners, five steep hills and a short stretch on an Interstate). I am beat from the non-stop drive, and thank goodness for wide open spaces and wee hours driving. Now, I get to do a clutch job.

Ed, Barbara, et al � thanks again for a great time - and these Campfire folks are the best.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I made it home around 2:00 PM today, safe and sound. Thanks to all that came and made it a great time. Too many contributed for me to try to list, but a special thanks to Ed and his wife. If that white dog ever decides to run away, please give it my address. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It was great to meet some new folks and see some again. I hope we can get together again and be able to spend some more time, since the cold weather had me and my family a little distracted trying to keep the kids warm and dry.
I have a lot of people to thank, Ed and Barbara specially. RIO7 and Miles for their generosity with some supplies and everyone there just, for their kindness with the children, attention to our needs, food, setting up, etc.
If next time is sunny and warm the pisco sour will feel much much better!!
Now bragging time: I came in 2nd in the shoot with a cold bore shot on a gun I had not fired in over 6 months... lucky shot probably, but actually receiving a prize for it was unneeded, unexpected and VERY VERY appreciated:
a brick of Eley Match 22LR!!! Again, very generous and absolutely not expected. (and probably more valuable nowadays that the awesome rifle prize for 1st place smile )

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And I didn't talk about the great meal we had Friday night
Can you beat fried fresh catfish in a Cajun cooker.

All curdog and Peggy's fault.

wonderful fish and lots of other things that night.

This is the trip I learned to appreciate Rebecca Creek Whiskey. Fine flavor, great after taste.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad, but not surprised to hear it was grand time. Good folks gathered with great hosts!
I am really looking forward to seeing pics.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Wtxj
And I didn't talk about the great meal we had Friday night
Can you beat fried fresh catfish in a Cajun cooker.

All curdog and Peggy's fault.

wonderful fish and lots of other things that night.

This is the trip I learned to appreciate Rebecca Creek Whiskey. Fine flavor, great after taste.

That catfish was superb!!! Thanks Cur and Peggy!!!

And Pablo ,,,, the pisco was awesome!

Founder

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was Bob. I could drink another any time.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 34 of 39 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 204guy, 257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,271
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.