Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just a thought - I was over at the youtube channel forgottenweapons, and they had a neat little stow-ree about a folding trigger Belgian revolver, and it got me thinking (that is my long post there, too)....Outside war/Military use, Police use, or Hunting, have y'all ever been in or witnessed personally a gun used in the commission or prevention of a crime? If so...Tell It!!!

I can start: The little town I grew up in was a rough one, and I was once at a local true-to-life redneck bar, a barn, shaped place called The Last Chance Saloon" (really!). Over in the corner, near the pool tables, two guys were arguing about a girl, and the rest of us were just hanging out, watching it happen. Rough as the women were there, there was no need to speak up, but after a bit, one drunk pushed the other, making him fall (which caused laughter and a halt to the music) and when that guy got up, he pulled a High Standard Mini-Derringer out and fired his two shots..POP-POP!!! Both shots went into the upper wall, up near the ceiling. Alot of us, me included, were diving for cover, and then the shooter calmly stood there and began to reload, like it was a day at the range. Rednecks from all sides dived on the guy. I took the opportunity to remove myself from that bar...and never went back.

Anyone have a similar, and hopefully better, tale to tell???

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thankfully no. I have been around 4 accidental discharges (there's the straight line), and all involved some safe gun handlers with rounds off over the horizon.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope and hope I never do.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was shot at a couple of times in East St Louis, Illinois back in the '68-'69 timeframe. Was on a girlfriend's couch when a round came through her front window and hit the wall just above our heads. Another time had a round hit the passenger door of my car.

Rough place, that.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Seen lots of public executions (firing squad, and stake drops) in front of the Justice Bldg in down town Saigon in '65 and '66.

Dec 24, 1965 my unit at Saigon AAF came under fire from mortars and small arms fire. Three of us wounded in action, two from small arms fire and one from shrapnel. Don't know about about VC as Cobra gunships pulverized them.

My wife witnessed a B on B shooting in DC the day prior to the 1968 MLK Riots.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
long time ago, driving home from work on bell rd in phx, about where arrowhead was, but in those days orange groves. Heard a "thunk" and thought ran over something, or problem with car and stopped. Circled car and when i went to get back in, noticed the bullet hole a few inches below the drivers side window, hit the handle of the door which stopped the penetration. A few inches higher i would have got it in the head, neck, shoulder. Somebody in the orange groves. Wierd for me when i realized i had gotten out of the car and made a better target.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
" ... Rough place, that."

East Saint Louis? Brother, you ain't kiddin'! grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If anyone here actually has witnessed or been in a shooting, bringing it up and discussing on an open forum is a REALLY bad idea.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Witnessed 3 that I can recall right off the bat. When working as a paramedic, we were shot at by a guy with a shotgun. Called in for backup and CHP shot the guy about 9 times with his new (then) .40 S&W. He didn't make it.

Went in with the entry team (SWAT) on a hostage situation. I was hanging back, the lead man opened the door and the perp was right in front of him. He dumped a 32 round mag of 9mm from his HK MP5SD into the side of the guy's head. He didn't make it.

Another hostage situation, on standby. Guy was on the roof of the city library with a hostage. They decided to breach, one guy opened up with an MP5 and and the sniper hit him as well. Just like on TV, wouldn't you know it; he fell off the roof! He didn't make it...wait...I'm seeing a pattern forming here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
If anyone here actually has witnessed or been in a shooting, bringing it up and discussing on an open forum is a REALLY bad idea.
None of the one's I witnessed went to court and they were a LONG time ago. Hell, I wasn't even interviewed.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

If it's an open case you are correct, if not it's no different than talking about the fishing trip you just went on.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

If it's an open case you are correct, if not it's no different than talking about the fishing trip you just went on.

Assuming no possibility of a civil case later, or re-opening of any criminal case, or filing of new charges against anyone involved.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
im munching popcorn waiting for gunners story.....only heard it second hand so far laugh

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I gotta get together with that man on day as he has promised to tell me that one and there's a couple of others I want told.

I thought I was going to be able to pry them out of him this spring but my surgery kept me from the pig hunt.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've been hit by a bullet, but I wasn't being shot at.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Caught my own ricochiet. Bounced off! I am therefore Bullet Proof!

But then, I have also been stabbed, set on fire, and knocked out 7 times that i remember. Plus i've broken my left arm twice, 3 broken ribs, ACL replacement, gall bladder out, tonsils out, appendix out, and had a liver transplant.

All that and not ONCE did I ever say "Hold my beer and watch this".

I got to slow down.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Caught my own ricochiet. Bounced off! I am therefore Bullet Proof!

But then, I have also been stabbed, set on fire, and knocked out 7 times that i remember. Plus i've broken my left arm twice, 3 broken ribs, ACL replacement, gall bladder out, tonsils out, appendix out, and had a liver transplant.

All that and not ONCE did I ever say "Hold my beer and watch this".

I got to slow down.

Funny, I'd buy you a beer.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I caught a 7 1/2 in the belly at about 85 yards on a dove hunt last year. It brought blood and hurt like heck. I accused the guy of using 6's.

Be advised, I don't think you want to catch a 6 in the belly at 60 yards after that experience.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have got to look down the barrel of a couple of guns, grabbed a shotgun barrel before it could be leveled at me.

only been shot at twice, both times by dumbazzes, but it's a heckuva thing when it's a new experience hearing zzzziiiiip, THEN crack!

have racked the slide of a 12 ga. in anger to diffuse a situation, it did the trick

also racked the slide on a Glock on a mostly deserted beach as two scruffy lookin dudes I'd had an eye on approached our charcoal campfre where we and the missus were cookin dogs with our then two lil kids. poor bastids probably just wanted to borrow something, but my spidey sense had been tingling and I wasn't in the mood to lend anything out anyway.

had to show a guy a 586 to get him off the rear bumper of the Porsche I was driving (days before cell phones)

so all in all I been pretty lucky, some unpleasant situations, but have never been shot.

btw gunner's outa town, you'll have to wait for his story.

suffice to say, he's a bad mofo in my book!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Don't really think that after 50 years dead VC are going to monitor The Fire to see who kilt them.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 1,745 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,000
Posts18,520,403
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.