Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Kitch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sometimes you can think about things too much. I find my mind wondering now and then about life and the things or people that have brought me wonderful memories and great joy and at the same time I've often wondered does it really pay to love at all.

I think of all the aspects of life I hate the most is death because it's so final. It's taken so many from me and each one takes a piece of your heart. I've thought, had I not loved them I wouldn't have hurt so bad and spent sleepless nights and days of remorse.

I watched a video today(for probably the 10th time) of one of Don and Phil Everly's last concerts in 1983 and thought to myself how they were such a big part of my early "growing up" years and how many 45's and LP's I had of them. It tore my heart out when I found out of Phil's passing away just a few months ago. Of all the singers and groups I've seen pass away over the decades this one got to me more than the rest. If anyone was/is an Everly Brothers fan you need to see this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXkXY_BEd4Y

At any rate, I was just curious as to what you really hate in this life. Lots of things to love and enjoy but there's a time to love and a time to hate. A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to keep and a time to cast away. I think I've seen/experienced everything under the sun and have to wonder if there's anything left?

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My sin.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one thing in this life that I truly hate..........cancer.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alzheimer's, has to be the worst thing that can happen to a person, wasting away for years with no memory or knowledge of what's going on around you.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hippies

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Pickled herring.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Canned asparagus, bleu cheese and Mark's sin.

Oh yeah, losing a football bet by a half a point.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Pickled herring.

Fuggin blasphemy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lutefisk

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NWA

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Pickled herring.

Fuggin blasphemy.

Not blasphemy just good sense. Whew can't touch the stuff.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Seriously the only thing I hate is $hitty people and cancer.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Reckless drivers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Liberals.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hipsters

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hate ,is a strong word .....cancer and other nasty diseases and disorders ,anyone who harms or exploits a child in ANY way ,the same for seniors .criminals

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
obamites

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
The one thing in this life that I truly hate..........cancer.

I'm with you there my brother!

but the thing that really sticks in my craw, is to be alive to witness what seems to be the inexorable slide of the USA

I'm thoroughly disgusted with our elected and truthfully much of our electorate.

we were founded upon freedom and liberty and the "pursuit of happiness"

it's not because of .gov, but the way our Constitution was written to limit .gov that allowed us to grow into the most prosperous and vital nation this planet has ever witnessed.

the lack of .gov allows folks to keep the majority of their industry and innovation

no where on this earth has a limited .gov which puts the emphasis on the freedom of it's citizens allowed such marvels as what the USA has produced in both innovation and industry

we've had a long good run, but I truly don't like what I see as a potential future for our children.

the resident liberal troll nwa, likes to describe us as angry old white men

well I'm white, gettin older and I'm angry for certain

we've lived the American dream, from poor to middle class comfortable (hard to believe that having a million or two dollars only buys middle class comfort, but it's true, thanks in large part due to the inflation that our politicians employ to tax everyone in a regressive manner, for it's the poor that suffer the most from inflation)

so as always it seems, from .gov, they just change the way they calculate and thus report inflation.

I see opportunity shrinking for our youth as more and more people join the chorus of liberals that think they are deserving of the rewards of someone else's efforts.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Libs, All Politicians, an Lawyers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 16,015 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,201
Posts18,543,580
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.