Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Two years ago Chick-fil-A made national headlines when company president Dan Cathy spoke out in support of traditional marriage. Liberals and gays came unglued and launched massive protests against the restaurant chain. Several mayors spoke out saying they would not allow any more Chick-fil-As to be built in their cities. They tried boycotting the Christian owned company, but that backfired. Instead, Chick-fil-A had a world record day with many locations selling out of food to the hundreds of thousands of supporters. Is it any surprise that the only news the liberal mainstream media has reported concerning Chick-fil-A has only been the negative?

Remember last week when the ice storm hit the south? The mainstream media showed footage of miles of cars stranded onthe frozen interstates. Several national news broadcasts that I saw reported about school kids trapped on busses for almost 24 hours because of all of the ice and parents going frantic wondering where their kids were. In all of the icy gloom and doom, I bet you didn't hearabout the heroic and generous actions of a Chick-fil-A along Highway 280 in Birmingham , Alabama , did you?
Mark Meadows, owner of the Chick-fil-A closed early the day of the storm and sent all of his employees home. However, the employees and Meadows soon discovered that they were not going to be able to get home with all of the stranded motorists stuck on the roads. Some of the cars near the restaurant had been stranded for up to 7 hours.
Audrey Pitt, manager of the Chick-fil-A described the conditions: �Our store is about a mile and a half from the interstate and it took me two hours to get there. It was a parking lot as far as I could see. At one point there were more people walking than driving.�
Meadows and his employees fired up the kitchen and began preparing chicken sandwiches as fast as they could. They prepared several hundred sandwiches and then Meadows and his staff headed out and began distributing the hot meals to the stranded motorists on both sides of Highway 280.

Some of the drivers tried to pay them for the sandwiches, but Meadows and his employees refused to take a single penny. Pitt explained why: �This company is based on taking care of people and loving people before you're worried about money or profit. We were just trying to follow the model that we've all worked under for so long and the model that we've come to love. There was really nothing else we could have done but try to help people any way we could.�
However, Meadows and Pitt were not through with their Good Samaritan efforts. They helped push cars off the roads, up inclines and whatever else they could do to help. Then they kept the restaurant open overnight so that stranded motorists could have a warm place to be. A number of motorists slept in booths or on the benches.
Then in the morning, they again fired up the kitchen and prepared chicken biscuits for their overnight guests and once again they refused to accept any payment. During that 24 hour period, this Chick-fil-A restaurant opened their kitchen, their doors and their hearts to hundreds of stranded motorists and they did so refusing to accept any payment. As one source put it, Meadows and his staff lived up to the words Jesus spoke in Matthew 25:35 which states:
�For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in��
Their actions were truly generous and heroic as they also braved the frigid temperatures to hand out hundreds of hot meals to complete strangers. And I bet you never heard anything about this from the mainstream media. Had it been a group of homosexuals or atheists, it would have been all over the news from coast to coast. It was too much against their liberal standards to report a Christian company doing something so positive for so many.
We need to support this and all Christian company's

Last edited by MColeman; 04/09/14.
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
All Right.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Two years ago Chick-fil-A made national headlines when company president Dan Cathy spoke out in support of traditional marriage. Liberals and gays came unglued and launched massive protests against the restaurant chain. Several mayors spoke out saying they would not allow any more Chick-fil-As to be built in their cities. They tried boycotting the Christian owned company, but that backfired. Instead, Chick-fil-A had a world record day with many locations selling out of food to the hundreds of thousands of supporters. Is it any surprise that the only news the liberal mainstream media has reported concerning Chick-fil-A has only been the negative?

Remember last week when the ice storm hit the south? The mainstream media showed footage of miles of cars stranded onthe frozen interstates. Several national news broadcasts that I saw reported about school kids trapped on busses for almost 24 hours because of all of the ice and parents going frantic wondering where their kids were. In all of the icy gloom and doom, I bet you didn't hearabout the heroic and generous actions of a Chick-fil-A along Highway 280 in Birmingham , Alabama , did you?
Mark Meadows, owner of the Chick-fil-A closed early the day of the storm and sent all of his employees home. However, the employees and Meadows soon discovered that they were not going to be able to get home with all of the stranded motorists stuck on the roads. Some of the cars near the restaurant had been stranded for up to 7 hours.
Audrey Pitt, manager of the Chick-fil-A described the conditions: �Our store is about a mile and a half from the interstate and it took me two hours to get there. It was a parking lot as far as I could see. At one point there were more people walking than driving.�
Meadows and his employees fired up the kitchen and began preparing chicken sandwiches as fast as they could. They prepared several hundred sandwiches and then Meadows and his staff headed out and began distributing the hot meals to the stranded motorists on both sides of Highway 280.

Some of the drivers tried to pay them for the sandwiches, but Meadows and his employees refused to take a single penny. Pitt explained why: �This company is based on taking care of people and loving people before you're worried about money or profit. We were just trying to follow the model that we've all worked under for so long and the model that we've come to love. There was really nothing else we could have done but try to help people any way we could.�
However, Meadows and Pitt were not through with their Good Samaritan efforts. They helped push cars off the roads, up inclines and whatever else they could do to help. Then they kept the restaurant open overnight so that stranded motorists could have a warm place to be. A number of motorists slept in booths or on the benches.
Then in the morning, they again fired up the kitchen and prepared chicken biscuits for their overnight guests and once again they refused to accept any payment. During that 24 hour period, this Chick-fil-A restaurant opened their kitchen, their doors and their hearts to hundreds of stranded motorists and they did so refusing to accept any payment. As one source put it, Meadows and his staff lived up to the words Jesus spoke in Matthew 25:35 which states:
�For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in��
Their actions were truly generous and heroic as they also braved the frigid temperatures to hand out hundreds of hot meals to complete strangers. And I bet you never heard anything about this from the mainstream media. Had it been a group of homosexuals or atheists, it would have been all over the news from coast to coast. It was too much against their liberal standards to report a Christian company doing something so positive for so many.
We need to support this and all Christian company's

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I copied that to send to my email address and send to friends, Mickey.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
And the liberal media will never understand, nor will they want to. crazy

FJB & FJT
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I love me some "hate chicken". I think I'll go get some.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

There must have been some gay people among all those stranded drivers. I wonder if any of them called their local TV station to say what a wonderful group of people they have over at Chik-Fil-A. Maybe go on the Today Show and say thank you in public.

Nah, probably not.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
One national media reported a local resturant passed out sandwiches but didn't identify it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good news about a fine company. Thanks for sharing.

μολὼν λαβέ
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Love Chick-Fil-A....have known Truett Cathy for 34 years now. A finer man, you will not meet. Funny this popped up...just had lunch there.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

They have good milkshakes.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If realestate wasn't so darn expensive, and the town and county councils weren't so dead set against fast food joints, I'd open a franchise in Jackson. The wife and I LOVE Chik Fil-A

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Great place to eat. I have never been to another restaurant where you receive so much respect as a customer. Glad we have one close to the house now. I took my 2 little boys there yesterday for lunch on our father-sons day.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Notice that Chik-Fil-A's integrity and customer service has paid off. They just surpassed KFC as America's biggest chicken chain and consistently beat other chains in surveys on food and service.

A business doing business well is also how a business does good.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
ain't it a shame that the things that are truly great about America, are now considered politically incorrect?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good people running a good company - and serving good food. They were already on my short list of places that get my custom whenever possible. Outback Steakhouse is my other "good guys" eatery for the 747 full of food (and pretty servers) they sent to Iraq back in Desert Shield.

Given a choice of either of those or someplace else, I'll take them. Every time.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its to bad they are not here in CT.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
If realestate wasn't so darn expensive, and the town and county councils weren't so dead set against fast food joints, I'd open a franchise in Jackson. The wife and I LOVE Chik Fil-A

CFA does not follow the traditional franchise model. The company owns the business and the proprietor manages the location. Contact their headquarters- you may be surprised by the response.

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BUT ,THERE CHICKEN SUCKS. over priced,under seasoned garbage.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did see the story back when it happened, but always worth repeating when any business does a good deed.

And their chicken is awesome, IMO.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

711 members (06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 69 invisible), 3,155 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,307
Posts18,526,126
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.