Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Refunds could still be possible with a flat tax. Not everyone collects a bi-weekly paycheck or pays a single tax bill at the end of the year.

I too like the idea of a flat tax. Not a fan of a federal sales tax though.

File quarterly or annually or whatever. File AFTER the money has been made, then you write out a check for the amount. No refunds needed.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A flat tax I agree with.

A federal sales tax won't help the economy, I think it would hurt it. Most states already have a state sales tax and some are pretty high, throw on a fed sales tax........

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
A flat tax I agree with.

A federal sales tax won't help the economy, I think it would hurt it. Most states already have a state sales tax and some are pretty high, throw on a fed sales tax........
One reason a sales tax is superior is that it hits the super wealthy too, who ordinarily don't actually "make" much "income" to be taxed in a flat tax, but every time they buy a yacht, a Maserati, or a jet, they will be hit with the tax like everyone else. It also gets the crime bosses and such in exactly the same way for exactly the same reason.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
A flat tax I agree with.

One reason a sales tax is superior is that it hits the super wealthy too, who ordinarily don't actually "make" much "income" to be taxed in a flat tax, but every time they buy a yacht, a Maserati, or a jet, they will be hit with the tax like everyone else. It also gets the crime bosses and such in exactly the same way for exactly the same reason.

Another nice feature of the sales tax is that you can keep it off of the true necessities (food & clothing) so it's impact to the poor is minimal.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I understand that TRH, but there more little people that are trying to survive than folks buying yachts or jets.

A fair/flat tax is a good place to start. Leave it at that.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Or better yet, lets just elect fiscally responsible people to get our budget in check. We all know that taxes don't go away, politicians just add more.

I know it's a stupid concept but someday it may take hold.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just part and parcel of the imposition of a new feudalism.

You didn't really think that a few words put on parchment in 1215 and 1776 alone would stop the Government Class from taking it and us all back.

Uncle Sam Revives Feudal Practice to Collect From Children of Debtors

Holding children responsible for the debt incurred by their parents is a feature of historical feudalism and a few modern third-world [bleep].

Developed countries, by and large, assume that a debt dies with the person who willingly incurred it, or at least stops with his or her estate. "By and large," I write, because the U.S. government has broken with centuries of tradition holding individuals responsible for their choices, opting to withhold tax refunds from children whose parents incurred vague and often ill-documented obligations to the feds.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/04/11/uncle-sam-revives-feudal-practice-to-col

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Why stop at parents? Why not collect from aunts, uncles, stisters, brothers etc?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The IRS should sieze money from lawmakers who happily 'borrowed' from the fund.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Snowballs chance in hell that our tax system will ever change. Period. "Refunds" have become their own industry. H&R, Liberty Tax service, etc just wanna give you a high interest loan on your money that you overpaid. People are duped into believing a tax refund is a good thing. You paid too much, find a better accountant.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Billions in fraudulent tax refunds continue to plague IRS"
3.6 billion issued to fraudulent tax returns last year

http://nypost.com/2014/04/10/billions-in-fraudulent-tax-refunds-continue-to-plague-irs/

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The IRS should sieze money from lawmakers who happily 'borrowed' from the fund.
this , [bleep] crooks , one word commies

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Does anybody know if this "refund" is actually money paid in refunded, or the loss of an earned income tax credit?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Calvin
Does anybody know if this "refund" is actually money paid in refunded, or the loss of an earned income tax credit?

It is EIC's. The wetbacks have figured out another way to milk us dry.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I understand that TRH, but there more little people that are trying to survive than folks buying yachts or jets.

A fair/flat tax is a good place to start. Leave it at that.

We've had a flat tax and it turned into the monstrosity we have now. Originally, the income tax was a flat tax.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
The news link , it's was SSI over pay in 1977 to the ladies mother who is now dead , so they kept the daughters income tax refund , EIC or not still wrong in a big way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore
Snowballs chance in hell that our tax system will ever change. Period. "Refunds" have become their own industry. H&R, Liberty Tax service, etc just wanna give you a high interest loan on your money that you overpaid. People are duped into believing a tax refund is a good thing. You paid too much, find a better accountant.

DITTOS +1,000!

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin

Good question. I was at work earlier today and asked the boss if he had heard of this and he said he was unaware of this tax confiscation.

My gut felling is I bet it's refundable credits.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or better yet, lets just elect fiscally responsible people to get our budget in check.

They don't exist in American politics.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1600 Pennsylvania Ave is thick with thieves.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

396 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,011
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.