-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was hoping for more photos of Victoria Principal...or that other hottie from the '70's...Lynda Carter smile

in lieu of such a diversion, though, back to rifles...

This one is a .22-250, and besides being pretty, I wanted it to shoot 1/2" 5-shot groups. It would tease me for a long time too...put 3 in one hole, then toss the next one an inch away. After much work, I finally got there. So there's 3 consecutive 5-shot groups. One called flyer, which I knew I'd pulled as soon as I fired.

[Linked Image]

Now on the other hand, a .270 is going to be a deer rifle, and like others have said, I wanted an accurate first shot from a cold fouled bore. It's nice if the next two are close, too.

[Linked Image]

and sub-MOA may be unnecessary when shooting at deer, but it's real nice when you're trying to spine a turkey through the wing butts at 120 yards, 'cause you really don't want to put a Ballistic Tip through the breast meat smile

[Linked Image]

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
That is a pretty rifle!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes indeed, and pretty fair shooting IMO. But what does have to do with F104s and DU cannon projectile terminal performance?

Or ground hog day?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Yes indeed, and pretty fair shooting IMO. But what does have to do with F104s and DU cannon projectile terminal performance?

Or ground hog day?

On or about Groundhog Day 1978, I was trying to duck jelly beans that were tossed at me from the wrong side of the Eye-Ron Curtain. It was about then I realised that E. Germans had no sense of humour. frown Still, I suppose I should have been glad that there were no DU jelly beans being hurled. That would have given me an upset tummy.

Had the border patrol been armed with Ruger No. 1s, I might not be here. I likes No 1s, but am cool to the Model 77. No sex appeal. The Ruger Model 77 shoots minute of bored. (I can hear the panties knotting up right now!)

WRT mooses (meese?) falling over...

Originally Posted by smokepole
That depends on whether there is anyone there to hear him fall over.

I have heard them fall over. They usually start singing.

Did you ever see a robin weep
When leaves begin to die?
Like me, he's lost the will to live
I'm so lonesome I could cry

Those words bring me to tears every time.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LAFFIN'!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Or ground hog day?

well, I have no poem for that question. Even though a #1B is prettier than a F104. But I do know a BT launched from a 6.8x65 makes a cloud of turkey feathers. Which might more or less also be true of a m��se shot with a 30mm DU... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For something completely different:

[Linked Image]

I found, at least with the first handload tested in QCC brass, it shoots MEC (Minute of Escaped Convict). Keep the barrel cold and it will do around 1.5-2" at 50 yards. Let the barrel get hot and it starts stringing vertically, which is thoughtful of the rifle - it automatically increases holdover as your quarry runs farther away...

smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's very thoughtful of the designer, no?

FWIW, few things are prettier than a 104. Except maybe a Hustler or an Echols Legend. Or maybe a fine old Greener.

There was a NASA test bed built around the 104. Had a rocket designed into the aft empennage and made it into space they said. Only air breather to pull that off that I'm aware of. Ballistic tips are green with envy. Bergers too. Unlike bullets the 104 almost always landed where it was supposed to.

Working on a poem.

I am..........disturbed.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't know about its BC, but the glide ratio of a 104 was 1 to 14 - 1 foot forward for 14 ft. down. This demonstrates that given enough impetus, anything will fly - even Model 77s!

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have never shot a flying pig but have participated in making it happen. Walking pigs are another story. My standard for that endeavor is MOB or minute of brain at 20 yards. +/- 10 yards.

14:1 reminds me a lot of the Hughes 269, a truly reprehensible flying machine unworthy of being called a helicopter. It used 8 fan belts to connect the engine to the transmission. In the event of XSMN seizure or a settling with power event it's glide ratio was infinity:0

I am..........disturbed.

IC B3

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 66 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,475
Posts18,529,558
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.