Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just watched a video Rep Causer posted on FB on how Zippo lighters are made.(his way of promoting local business in his area) Got me to thinkin. How many of you own one? Are they popular where youre from? Being from PA, theyve always been popular here, but ive never owned one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pahick
Just watched a video Rep Causer posted on FB on how Zippo lighters are made.(his way of promoting local business in his area) Got me to thinkin. How many of you own one? Are they popular where youre from? Being from PA, theyve always been popular here, but ive never owned one.
I own three or four. They are good for lighting up a campfire or a stogie.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The fuel evaporates pretty fast. If your not using it every day they are not that practical IMO. I do have 3 of them. A standard sized classic, a slimline and my grandfathers slimline from the '70s.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I never bought one because I heard they leak. Not sure how true that is though.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've accumulated about half a dozen Zippos... used 'em all quite a bit over the years and sent 'em back to Zippo for refurbishing at "no charge". Got 'em back in top condition once again... good job, Zippo !~!~!

Use 'em to light my many pipes... they do a fine job, but really "eat-up" the lighter fluid ! smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
i bought one at the Syracuse gun show years ago for 3 reasons - I had always wanted one, they were $5 used, and it a'ready had my initials MLP engraved on it.

But I spend more time adding fuel than using it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe somebody here knows. I bought my first one, years ago...probably 1984. I bought it in a cigar store and the old due filled it with lighter fluid for the first time. Over the years, it really held lighter fluid good and lasted a long time. Then it got dunked in the water. Afterwards it seemed like the fluid would run out a lot quicker. I bought a new one a few years back but it sure doesn't seem to hold lighter fluid like the old one did when I first got it. Made me think it was the lighter fluid itself and not the dunk that did it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You need to let them set for awhile before putting one in your pocket. That lighter fluid will blister your leg.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Dad always had one on him, he died of lung cancer in 2006.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one laying here in the drawer. Used to use it regularly when I smoked, but I quit 55 years ago. I think if I filled it and added a fresh flint it would still work.

In my hunting packs I carry the disposable $1 lighters that are sold in hardware and dollar stores and they work fine.

Jim

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They temp people to smoke.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
My Dad always had one on him, he died of lung cancer in 2006.

Mike
I don't smoke. I used to have a cigar once in a great while, but haven't had one in probably twenty years or more.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by justin10mm
The fuel evaporates pretty fast.

Not if you slip a "ranger" rubber band over the opening. (I cut my bands from a bicycle tube.) I've run experiments with my three Zippos several times, and one filling of fuel will last for about ten weeks. For the experiments, I've fired the Zippo up twice daily for about seven to ten seconds, about what it would take to light a handful of tinder for my campfire. As I said, ten weeks and it still burns.

Obviously leaving the "ranger" band on the Zippo would be inconvenient for a smoker who knocks off a pack or two of cigarettes a day .... but I don't smoke. wink

Also a major advantage of a Zippo is I don't have to keep holding down a button for it to stay burning, and it is windproof, too. I also carry a couple 1/8 oz. cleaned Tabasco bottle filled with fuel, in my daypack.

I would not be without my filled-with-fuel Zippo when I am going out in the boonies, etc.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 2 Zippos and 2 Zippo knockoffs. I use them rarely though.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Even empty there is something to be said for having a reliable spark source in the woods.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would not be without my filled-with-fuel Zippo when I am going out in the boonies, etc.

wink

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

I was born in 1951.

My mom's father was a wildcatter and worked in the oil fields.

What's the old saying " don't tell my mom I work in the oil patch, she thinks I'm a piano player in a whorehouse.

In fact the "Daisy B" of Spindletop fame is named after Daisy Bradford IIRC.

Well WR would come see us now an then and stay for a week. He was a unfiltered Chesterfield guy.

I think I was six the first time my mom busted me an my brother (who was 4 at the time) hiding out in the garage and trying to light his Chesterfields we had light-fingered, along with his Zippo.

Course we got our azz busted.

I've loved the smell of Ronson lighter fluid in a Zippo since I was a wee tyke. Still do.

[Linked Image]

So here is a story about a $1300 Zippo Lighter.

I've had the pleasure of hunting in several states and here in Texas in numerous locals. It's kinda fun of an evening, sitting around a campfire, after dinner and everyone is starting to get "lubricated" to tell this story.

I'll pull out my Zippo and ask if they've ever seen a $1300 Zippo. Someone will invariably ask to fondle my Zippo and when they do they say. Bullspit, no way that cost $1,300.

I proceed to tell them that I have rental trailers. I had rented a trailer to this guy for $650 per month and let him get out two months without paying rent. When he took off, he stole the refrigerator, the stove, the hot water heater and even rolled up the 7 year old used carpet, and took it also.
The only thing left of value in the trailer was a Zippo lighter. I then inquire. Wouldn't you say this is a $1,300 ligher. This happened around 2002. I have kept it till this day.
Never fails to get a chuckle.

[Linked Image]

I do luv me some Zippos.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 04/14/14.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Not if you slip a "ranger" rubber band over the opening. (I cut my bands from a bicycle tube.) I've run experiments with my three Zippos several times, and one filling of fuel will last for about ten weeks. For the experiments, I've fired the Zippo up twice daily for about seven to ten seconds, about what it would take to light a handful of tinder for my campfire. As I said, ten weeks and it still burns.

Obviously leaving the "ranger" band on the Zippo would be inconvenient for a smoker who knocks off a pack or two of cigarettes a day .... but I don't smoke. wink

Also a major advantage of a Zippo is I don't have to keep holding down a button for it to stay burning, and it is windproof, too. I also carry a couple 1/8 oz. cleaned Tabasco bottle filled with fuel, in my daypack.

L.W.

You wouldn't happen to have a photo detailing the ranger band, would you? I'm having trouble picturing where it would go. Not enough left brain synapse firing. Thx.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you just put it over the seem of the lighter.....makes it more or less air tight so the fluid has no where to evaporate to.....no its not perfect but does vastly improve life per filling

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thank you. I'm a little slow on the uptake Monday evenings! whistle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no problem.....i have the same issue in the mornings before the caffeine kicks in laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
You need to let them set for awhile before putting one in your pocket. That lighter fluid will blister your leg.

Ain't that the truth. Been there done that.

And it kinda goes along with your other question. I get less leakage and less evaporation with higher end fluids. So I this k it makes a difference.

Also, not all zippos are created equal. The cheaper ones tend to fit loser in the case. Might add to evapration.

Dunking in water? No clue how that would effect one.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I still have the one I carried in Vietnam 45 yrs ago. Lighter fluid was sometimes hard come by so we used gasoline instead, worked fine except for the black smoke. Adapt and overcome.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Craigster
I still have the one I carried in Vietnam 45 yrs ago. Lighter fluid was sometimes hard come by so we used gasoline instead, worked fine except for the black smoke. Adapt and overcome.

that is one benefit of a zippo over say a butane lighter.....in theory you should be able to get it to work with any flammable fluidso long as you have flints.....gasoline, kerosene, high proof alcohol out of the liquor cabinet....some of course work better than others

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I love Zippos myself, but if I was going in the woods and had a choice, I'd grab the BIC.

- Rogue
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
my old standbye

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Carried one and used it for 40 years now.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Playing outside in subzero temps is where a zippo trumps butane lighters.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by rattler
[Linked Image]

JFC. Have you no imagination and possess a total lack of recognizing a golden moment? You should have posted pics of a Zippo with a band that wrapped around the striker wheel and your ear, or ankle and called it good. CFT would've been unable to sleep puzzling that one out...

wink

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm a non smoker but when I night fish or fish the river in the summer I puff (don't inhale) on a black n mild to keep the bugs away. I carry a zippo when I hike or night fish. I always have to fuel it up first and mine does evaporate rather quickly. In an emergency one could start a fire with the cotton out of a zippo and only the spark from the flint if it was empty. A bic is way more practicle but it isn't nearly as windproof or versitile.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[quote=justin10mm]The fuel evaporates pretty fast.

L.W.

I too ALWAYS carry a Zippo lighter in my pack while in the woods, or in the Mountain backcountry! Absolutely nothing better for starting a fire in adverse conditions if you need to.......in cold, windy weather at altitude, you'll have a hell of a time with a Bic lighter. I put mine in a heavy zip-lock bag and seal it up after filling, before placing it in my pack.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I've never been a smoker, but I used to carry a zippo when I went to clubs and bars to light women's cigarettes when they asked me for a light.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Over fill it and put it in your shirt pocket. It will eventually leak and blister you. When I smoked it was a constant source of irritation to me until I discovered BIC lighters. Now a BIC lighter is considered a possible source of barter due to what I read what the guy from Bosnia wrote about their period of unrest. He recommended buying a thousand but I only bought a hundred. smile

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Still use one to light my Kaywoodie!

Mickey! Always said if I was going to the rendezvous in days of old,2 things I'd take and barter with all would be Bic lighters and sharpie markers in multiple colors!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 04/15/14.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Smoked about 45yr. I have 6-7 Zippos.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've had one for about 20 years now, never smoked but it's always in my pocket when I hunt..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never smoked but have a collection of old Zippos. You never know when you might need to make a fire.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i keep one in my hunting gear. i also use one of the zippo handwarmers. it is iffy at best though. sometimes works great. other times, not so great. but the zippo lighter will lite in the coldest, wettest conditions unlike a bic. the bic will not light reliably in sub freezing temps.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have one. I don't smoke, I bought it because the sound of a Zippo opening and closing and the smell of it reminds me of my childhood when my Dad used one to light his pipe.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Just bought a Zippo to try for lighting campfires, to see if I like it better than the Bics I've formerly used.

I'm going to do the ranger band thing, for sure. That's a neat idea.

My dad had a Zippo that I used to play with when I was a kid. It disappeared when he quit smoking in the late 80's.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have a slew (ever wonder what a slew is?) of Zippo lighters, they haven't been used in decades. Totally obsolete but nice curios. When I was smoking cigars and pipes I wanted a really hot concentrated flame, so I bought a Blazer Micro Torch. Little tiny refillable butane torch with a pinpoint jet flame. It would warm a cigar and then light it in no time. Better still, I could use it in the close confines of electrical boxes to solder contacts too big for a solder gun, or to loosen thread locker on screws - especially gun screws. Now they also sell a wide flame torch too, so there's a choice. The butane reservoir is clear so the fuel level is no mystery and they refill with a standard can of butane lighter fuel. They use a piezo-electric spark for ignition, no flints to wear out.

Get 'em here: http://www.blazerproducts.com/lighters/details.php?prodId=33

And like everything else in the world, Amazon sells them and the refill canisters: http://www.amazon.com/Blazer-PB207C...p;sr=8-5&keywords=blazer+micro+torch

Now don't get burned.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 04/15/14.
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I use to smoke and still have a couple of Zippos. I think they are the best and certainly the coolest lighters out there. It's fun to flip open the lid and light them with one hand in one non-stop motion.

But as already mentioned, if you don't use them and refill them constantly, they dry out and are useless. They have been retired to the depths of a dark drawer and I use disposable butane lighters for starting camp stoves and campfires.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a diesel mechanic back in '63 when Kennedy was killed. Pretty close to that time, the Mack truck rep stopped in and gave a few of us Zippos with a 14k gold bulldog on them. I quit smoking in '74 but still have the Zippo.

You fellers that use them Bics to start fires with will learn the first time you try to use one at high altitude, especially when it's cool, that they just will not work unless you keep them in a warm pocket and put 'em to use quickly.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dad used to travel the midwest selling baler twine for a company headquartered in The Cities. For large orders, the company gave away a token of its appreciation. This was either a Zippo lighter or a tape measure that looked just like a Zippo lighter.

We used to have a big doings at our church on the Fourth of July. Part of the fun was setting off firecrackers that had made their way from South Dakota to our little slice of Heaven. I was using one of Dad's Zippos when it ran out of fuel. Since we lived not far from the church grounds, Dad went home with me to refill it. I can still picture him holding it over the kitchen sink, squirting the fluid from the yellow and blue can into the felt until it overflowed and ran down his arm. This was followed by him flicking the roller and the flame appearing above the lighter and instantly sweeping down his arm. This happened so quickly that he was not harmed, and we went back to the festivities, me with my lighter and Dad with one very hirsute arm and one arm that looked like an ad for Nair. The adventure continued that evening when we returned home and Mom wondered why the house smelled like the aftermath of a fire in a barber shop.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

You fellers that use them Bics to start fires with will learn the first time you try to use one at high altitude, especially when it's cool, that they just will not work unless you keep them in a warm pocket and put 'em to use quickly.

That's the only trick to a BIC. In cold locales, keep it close to your body and you'll be good to go.

- Rogue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I inherited a dozen, or more, of them. Always wondered if they are worth anything. confused

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm not a smoker, but have carried a Zippo lighter for years.

μολὼν λαβέ
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Carry one all the time.

If you over fill them that's when you get the fuel burn.
As for lighting when wet or dropped in water-no problem for the Zippo but you will wear a hole in your thumb trying to light a BIC when it is wet.

I usually have 3 or more around just in case as well as Zippo and Rosonal fuel.
The Zippo fluid does not last as long in dry climate as does Rosonal fuel.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Zippo also has butane torch type lighters with the classic Zippo look.

I tried the Blu1 but it was somewhat unreliable and a PITA to bleed and refill on occasion. No idea if the Blu2 is any better.

They also have an emergency fire kit...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

You wouldn't happen to have a photo detailing the ranger band, would you? I'm having trouble picturing where it would go. Not enough left brain synapse firing. Thx.

CF, I saw that Rattler posted a picture of his but here is a picture of mine when I ran the experiments. With a couple of those small Tabasco bottles with fuel, I never worry about not having a flame.

[Linked Image]

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Well, I guess if Tabasco sauce won't damage the seal under the cap of that little bottle, lighter fluid won't either.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Well, I guess if Tabasco sauce won't damage the seal under the cap of that little bottle, lighter fluid won't either.

[Linked Image]

lol was watching something on how they make Tabasco one time.....forget what the life of a forklift on the "factory floor" is but its not long....the air in the building is hard on metal and they start deteriorating fast the moment you drive it into the building....think it was measured in months before they started falling apart crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Surprised that nobody has mentioned the fact that Zippo owns Case Cutlery since 1993.......

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Surprised that nobody has mentioned the fact that Zippo owns Case Cutlery since 1993.......

I stopped at the Zippo/Case museum a few years ago and saw a video about how Case knives are made.

I then bought a Case Sodbuster Jr. as a momento of the trip.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nicely done. I could like checking that out......

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

CF, I saw that Rattler posted a picture of his but here is a picture of mine when I ran the experiments. With a couple of those small Tabasco bottles with fuel, I never worry about not having a flame.

[Linked Image]

L.W.

Thanks just same L.W.! I appreciate you taking the time to post those.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by rattler
[Linked Image]

JFC. Have you no imagination and possess a total lack of recognizing a golden moment? You should have posted pics of a Zippo with a band that wrapped around the striker wheel and your ear, or ankle and called it good. CFT would've been unable to sleep puzzling that one out...

wink

Nice to know someone has my back. smile

KG, you...you're trouble. I'm going to have to keep my eye on you. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I have one. I don't smoke, I bought it because the sound of a Zippo opening and closing and the smell of it reminds me of my childhood when my Dad used one to light his pipe.

Well said .... I also do not smoke. Have several zippo lighters which I keep just because they remind me of my granddad and happier days.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I always got one engraved with the command or ship during my Navy days. Last one was brass with the Trident Refit Facility Bangor emblem. They are all long gone now since we downsized so much. I kind of wish I still Had the Bangor lighter.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

I live in Colorado and camp at high elevation all the time. I use disposable butane lighters. I carry the lighters in my cook kit in my pack. The only time that I have trouble with them is when I carry one in my pocket and it gets filled with lint.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Zippo trick.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
know all about the overfull Zippo/jeans pocket thing, learned the hard way as a teen! When I started carrying a pipe lighter again, ordered one of these - was pleased to see it's well made, and made in USA
[Linked Image]
an old retired one, gift from a friend back in the day
[Linked Image]

Last edited by jeffdwhite; 04/16/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My dad has a little side business and is a zippo rep. He's probably got 200-300 in his personal collection.

Sells a lot or used to at least overseas.

For a run of 50 he can do a custom order.

24hourcampfire custom lighter, someone come up with the design and I can get an estimate.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cal74
My dad has a little side business and is a zippo rep. He's probably got 200-300 in his personal collection.

Sells a lot or used to at least overseas.

For a run of 50 he can do a custom order.

24hourcampfire custom lighter, someone come up with the design and I can get an estimate.

chit that would be neat as hell......im in for one if others are....

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Get it together and im in for one!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

I'm in too

μολὼν λαβέ
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

I'm in too

+1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm down

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The story I always heard growing up was that the "inventors" of the Zippo lighters used to sell them out of the trunk of their car in the 1930's.

They would go into a bar and place themselves at opposite ends of the bar. Then one would take out a cigarette and ask if anyone had a "light". His partner, at the opposite end of the bar would take out his "Zippo", light it and toss it to he other end of the bar....still burning. His partner would light his smoke and toss it back....still burning. He would close it and the questions would begin. Lighters of the day were NOT windproof so this was an impressive demonstration. They would then sell lighters to all the bar customers. Afew years later the milirary picked up on the Zippo and the rest is history....

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A good Zippo or three was necessary if you were a boiler tech in the Navy before they went to Gas turbines for propulsion. The scene in the movie "Battleship" where they light off a boiler with the torch on the Missouri, probably the only real thing in that movie. It was a hoot to do it.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
For a 24 HC design, how about a picture of somebody butt-shooting a dink.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
+1

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
For a 24 HC design, how about a picture of somebody butt-shooting a dink.

As long as we dont wind up with a Bricktop edition im good to go grin

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
How 'bout the logo that's at the top of the page? The campfire on one side, 24HR on the other.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys design a logo/design and I'll do my part. Prices are pretty reasonably I believe, probably 30-35.00 ish?

I'm not very creative some someone else that is, put the design together and we can get the ball rolling. I'll try to remember to call my old man tomorrow afternoon to get a better idea.

Life is just one damned thing after another
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/IMG_20140417_011710_828_zps77c9n5hv.jpg[/img]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your collection Leighton? I've got two-both my dads. The one he carried across Africa and Europe under Patton, and one he got from a contractor he worked for. My son has one of them which I gave him to remember his grandfather, and the other one's around here somewhere. Haven't run across it in a while.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

L.W.

LW

Did you ever test how long they lasted w/o the ranger rubber band?

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Your collection Leighton?

Yes. Inherited. I have a dozen-odd others floating around here somewhere...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

303 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 32 invisible), 2,147 guests, and 1,052 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,745
Posts18,495,171
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.