C
again very good rockingbar 2 thumbs up

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Lots of .gov supporters here have been exposed.

In the American Revolutionary era the American Patriots were much more efficacious than are we today. They tarred and feathered those who sided with or were employed by King Barack George and of course during the Revolution itself they shot or hung them.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In a statement given to NBC4 in Reno, Reid said, �it�s not over.� � �We can�t have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it. So it�s not over.�

Interesting this isn`t the position he takes when it comes to fellow politicians or illegal immigrants...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Lots of .gov supporters here have been exposed.

Naah, more like those folks prone to making simple-minded generalizations.

Ya got government ownership of the land on the one and vs. allotment holder's rights on the other.

Apparently the BLM has the right to limit the amount of grazing allotments on public land. Fair enough, makes sense.

OTOH, cutting Bundy's grazing allotment by 60% without any compensation in 1993 was clearly not just, even if technically legal. The fact that this was done to preserve the desert tortoise only rubs salt in the wound.

As for the Fed's "killing surplus tortoises" as is repeatedly and inaccurately brought up here:

First off, habitat is everything, individual animals being relatively unimportant. Those tortoises in that holding "sanctuary" were picked up and turned in by the public, if anything a symptom of disappearing habitat, but just as often in this case due to misguided good intentions.

The fact that there is not enough places to release those tortoises points to a dearth of remaining habitat.

Also, IIRC adult desert tortoises are exceedingly hard to relocate. These extremely sedentary creatures can spend literally centuries on the same acre, operating out of the same hole in the ground, in a precarious equilibrium with food and water supply.

Once I was riding my motorcycle through past our big Air Force Training base here when I came a cross a big Texas tortoise (a close cousin to the desert tortoise, though not endangered) coming from the base attempting to cross a busy four-lane highway in the middle of the day. There was new construction on the adjacent area on base. Likely that remnant tortoise had persisted in that formerly quiet little corner in the middle of the city for at least decades before being displaced.

I transported it outside of town to suitable habitat but I figured its chanced of survival there were about zip.

Birdwatcher
As I remember it awhile back I got accused of making derogatory comments about somebody's wife. That was untrue and it was publicly proven to be untrue. You and I have been on here a long time together yet you came down on the side of the untruths. Many on here I would have expected that of, but you, not so much. I don't have you on Ignore, but I don't read much of what you write any more Birdie. I lost interest. Just thought I'd save you some typing time.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SCRUBS
In a statement given to NBC4 in Reno, Reid said, �it�s not over.� � �We can�t have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it. So it�s not over.�

Interesting this isn`t the position he takes when it comes to fellow politicians or illegal immigrants...
Yeah he pretty much described 90% of Congress, including himself.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SCRUBS

There is a difference in civil disobedience that ends up in civil court for 20 years, and criminal activity that could send someone to the penitentiary for years.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
"The fact that this was done to preserve the desert tortoise only rubs salt in the wound." (Birdwatcher)"

Birdy, if you believe this is a "fact", I have a good deal on some ocean front property in Clark Co., Nevada.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is not over...

and

.gov will see to it that it does not end well

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

This hypocrite, (Reid) should be in prison! Screw him and the rice suckers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First off, just to be clear, Harry Reid is a POS.

I'm having a hard time buying into the Chinese solar plant theory though. It doesn't add up and for several reasons.

1) If the Chinese wanted to spend 5 billion dollars on a solar farm they could afford to buy some cheap desert land.

2) Locating the plant near Laughlin makes sense. There was a coal fired power generating facility near Laughlin that was shot down in 2005. Locating a new facility near there gives access to the power grid without stringing new power lines.

For reference ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohave_Generating_Station

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yep...it had nothing to do with the tortoise or his refusal to pay grazing fees... both were just instruments used by the govt.
In the end, he'll be forced on down the road one way or the other. I'm sure the IRS is already well on their way to building a case on him...

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by fish head
First off, just to be clear, Harry Reid is a POS.

I'm having a hard time buying into the Chinese solar plant theory though. It doesn't add up and for several reasons.

1) If the Chinese wanted to spend 5 billion dollars on a solar farm they could afford to buy some cheap desert land.

2) Locating the plant near Laughlin makes sense. There was a coal fired power generating facility near Laughlin that was shot down in 2005. Locating a new facility near there gives access to the power grid without stringing new power lines.

For reference ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohave_Generating_Station

Uh, iirc it is more like 5 Million for 38 Million of land, FH.

Last edited by eyeball; 04/15/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Snyper
which is trying to use land near the Bundy Ranch to build a $5 billion solar plant.

I wonder how long that lie will be parroted?
The Chinese site is 175 miles from Bundy's place.
The location was given in the original article, but no one bothers to read past the headlines

I could care less about reading past the Headlines , If the Government is involved it is for their benefit. I want nothing more than to see these Government POS to fall flat on their faces. It has now come down to it in this country, it is the people versus Government .
[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Redneck

In a statement given to NBC4 in Reno, Reid said, �it�s not over.� � �We can�t have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it. So it�s not over.�.
But it's quite okey-dokey to have Holder and the AIC violate laws nearly daily...

With each passing day, Reid becomes an even larger pile of chit..

Just because they make the laws doesn't mean they have to abide by them in their twisted minds. They are the ruling class and we are the minions they need to control.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
it is the people versus Government.

That is hitting the nail on the head, right there!

It isn't about rancher Bundy anymore than the civil rights movement was about Rosa Parks... Both are just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Birdy, if you believe this is a "fact", I have a good deal on some ocean front property in Clark Co., Nevada.

The original reduction in grazing allotments (or permits, whatever the correct term is) occurred in 1993, as stated at the time over the tortoise.

Are there idealogues in power who will sacrifice whole communities over an endangered species? Yes of course.

This is Texas, yet not five miles from where I sit is an unfinished highway interchange used by more than 80,000 vehicles per day. A 50 million dollar project.

The cause? A 4mm transparent blind spider found in a small cavern exposed by excavation. The last of these spiders was a single individual seen in a cave four miles away twenty years previously.

Must there be an unknown number of these things scattered in the interconnecting caverns between the two points? Of course.

Yet I kid you not, construction abruptly stopped cold.

Will there be deaths and injuries causes by the still-impeded traffic flow? Yes, already has been.

Hey, I'm Joe Conservationist, but this is beyond idiocy.

If there's some underlying "real reason" or "conspiracy" in that spider case I dunno what it might be.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You and I have been on here a long time together yet you came down on the side of the untruths.

What? I said you talked smack about someone's wife?

Ironically in this case, not true.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to know if the 1993 tortoise ruling would still hold up in court today based upon common sense evidence.

Bundy has been grazing cattle for twenty years since then, not to mention since the 1800s, and if it really was endangering the tortoises it would surely be evident by now.

Was Bundy screwed by the court in 1993?

In my mind that's is the only relevant question that might affect his ability to keep grazing cattle on public land. There's no doubt he owes the govt $$$ in unpaid grazing fees and he's in the wrong for not paying those fees but ...

Is there a fair way to settle this if he was screwed in 1993?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
http://offgridsurvival.com/harryreid-threatens-bundyranch/

Senator Harry Reid, who has been implicated in using the BLM to steal a Nevada Rancher�s land for his friends at a Chinese Solar Company, is now threatening the rancher with further federal action.

But as many in the area are pointing out, this has little to do with the cattle, and more to do with Reid�s attempt to steal even more Nevada land to enrich himself and help fund his son�s political ambitions. It�s pretty ironic that someone who has made millions violating the law, is now using the �law� as a justification for an armed invasion on American soil.

Harry Reid: the architect of the Bundy Ranch Invasion?

The Bureau of Land Management is headed by longtime friend and former Reid aide Neil Kornze, who was confirmed by the Senate as BLM director on Tuesday, just as armed BLM agents descended on the cattle ranch outside Mesquite, Nevada. Harry Reid�s son, Rory Reid, has been the chief representative to the Chinese solar firm, which is trying to use land near the Bundy Ranch to build a $5 billion solar plant.

Over the years, the Harry Reid has used his political influence to make a number of similar shady deals throughout Nevada. He�s been accused of doing business with the mob and using his influence to manipulate zoning ordinances throughout the state � in one instance making over $700,000 that he failed to disclose, because of his partnership with a Las Vegas lawyer whose name has surfaced in federal investigations involving organized crime.

Supporters still at Bundy Ranch, armed and ready for a possible confrontation.

Bundy supporters remain at the ranch, fully expecting a raid from the Federal Government. According to World News Daily, The executive director of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association says his sources inside the federal government is warning that the BLM�s weekend retreat was only a move to distract attention and diffuse tensions, and that a raid on the family�s ranch still is planned.

Richard Mack, the former sheriff of Grisham County, Ariz. told WND �I don�t think it would be possible� to launch a raid without violence. �I don�t think the Bundys would lie down and be taken.�

This afternoon, federal officers could be seen moving back into the area, along with a number of Clark County officers who arrived with a large prison transportation bus.

just to be a little technical, there is NO Grisham county arizona. Probably meant Graham county

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think anyone following the story felt that was over because there is no resolution yet.

letting the cattle go isn't a resolution, the BLM doesn't want them on the land and Bundy does - until that is resolved, whatever has happened to date is just a postponement.

The question is however - does our federal government think the big picture issue of making sure a citizen does not feel emboldened to do something like this in the future is worth using force against the Bundy family or worse, a small arms skirmish with self described militias and 1%'ers over some gd's cows eating brush in the desert.

I'm pretty sure a cow is not a predator to a solar panel.

Last edited by KFWA; 04/15/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (22250rem, 1badf350, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,218 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,364
Posts18,506,392
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.