B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Well stated.

================

How could it be well stated? I thought you said it wasn't Bundy's land. Further, you can't put a lien against land Bundy didn't own.

They can place a lien against his personal property(cows)only after a judgment is first entered against him.

The most likely event to occur is the rendering of a judgment against Bundy and a Rule To Show Cause whereupon he could be jailed until he complies with a court order.

If the government wanted to be wiser, instead of vindictive, they possibly could work out a settlement with some sort of judgment reduction and assist Bundy in the relocation of his herd.

Or,..the government could just fug off,..since it has no legitimate claim to ownership of 85% of Nevada, anyway.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This is the issue that needs to be addressed.

Everything else is just static.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Well stated.

================

How could it be well stated? I thought you said it wasn't Bundy's land. Further, you can't put a lien against land Bundy didn't own.
He owns deeded property in conjunction with the permit.

They can place a lien against his personal property(cows)only after a judgment is first entered against him.

Didn't seem to matter to the BLM thugs that warned everyone to back off, or they would shoot, when the cowboys came for the cattle, did it?

The most likely event to occur is the rendering of a judgment against Bundy and a Rule To Show Cause whereupon he could be jailed until he complies with a court order.

What they should have done from the beginning.

If the government wanted to be wiser, instead of vindictive, they possibly could work out a settlement with some sort of judgment reduction and assist Bundy in the relocation of his herd.

That is the avenue they all should have gone down 20 years ago, rather than back a man into a corner with nothing left to lose.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
A judgment would have been falling off a log simple for the unpaid fees and fines. Summary judgment type stuff. But no, let's roll out with 200 goons and show people you don't frick with the US BYGOD GOVERNMENT. Ha! Fricking hilarious.

This old man has completely thumbed his nose at you for twenty years because you were too stupid to take care of it. Now, even if you kill him, it's too late. He has won. He'll go down in history as the cowboy who single handedly humbled the US government

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
As to your first comment,no, he did not own deeded property. Please show me your legal support for such an assertion.

As to your second, my comment remains unchanged.

As to your 3rd and 4th comments, I agree completely.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is the avenue they all should have gone down 20 years ago, rather than back a man into a corner with nothing left to lose.

[/quote]

Nah...the Feds are a bunch of amateurs. The problem isn't what they have done. It's what they haven't done. Those guys are embarrassing.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good post JoeBob. Maybe they chose to do none of that because the court that ruled on the case doesn't have jurisdiction (fed court). If they had taken their case to State court and got a court order to round-up and sell the cattle, then the brand inspector would sign-off on the cows, the sale yard would legally sell them, and all of this would be over. BUT, for some strange, unknown reason, they chose to go the route that they did, attempting to illegally transport his cattle across state lines and illegally sell the cattle in another state. Pretty decent segment on Megyn's show tonight on Fox.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Harry Reid better watch his ass. If they take out Bundy, somebody will get Reid. He has put himself way too far out in front on this deal. He ain't the president. Somebody will get is ass. Too many crazies will make this their cause.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe

[Linked Image]

That is correct.

What we are seeing now is the crowning of the head of a birth of "An All Powerful Central Government". You are left with only two entities. The Government and the people it rules.

When 40% of the entire United States is owned by one entity, the union of states is dissolved, and the unconstitutional Central Government emerges to claim it's place as provider for the good of us all.

Wonder how far away that is? wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As to your first comment,no, he did not own deeded property. Please show me your legal support for such an assertion.

I don't have time to do deed research. Nor am I near the Clark County Clerk's Office. (Although I have been there and done that.)

But, in order to even qualify for a grazing permit on BLM or National Forest, you have to own deeded acreage in the same district.

That would probably be where his ranch house, barns, melon farms and such is located. You can't build livable structures in BLM land.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
He has a 160 acres deeded to him that was homesteaded by his family. This property is the "base" property the BLM requires for a grazing allotment. The allotment goes with the property. If Bundy had sold it before he lost/gave up his allotment, the allotment would have gone with the 160 acres.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Good post JoeBob. Maybe they chose to do none of that because the court that ruled on the case doesn't have jurisdiction (fed court). If they had taken their case to State court and got a court order to round-up and sell the cattle, then the brand inspector would sign-off on the cows, the sale yard would legally sell them, and all of this would be over. BUT, for some strange, unknown reason, they chose to go the route that they did, attempting to illegally transport his cattle across state lines and illegally sell the cattle in another state. Pretty decent segment on Megyn's show tonight on Fox.

Judge Napolitano agreed that State Courts hold jurisdiction.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I got you. You were speaking of other land outside of the allotment.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
yes

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
And constitutional scholars were hammering him on that today. He's been saying a few silly things as of late. I'm sure you also noticed him changing much of his tune from yesterday am through tonight.

In any event, Napolitano's comments are 2 federal courts and 1 appellate court late, on top of being silly.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He was right about the first amendment violation though.

When the BLM created a 25x25 area and labeled it a "First Amendment Zone", and located it 3 miles from anywhere, (where nobody could hear them) and said they would arrest protestors outside those zones,... government interfered with free speech.

They need their ass handed to them for that, if nothing else.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe

[Linked Image]

Wow! I had no idea they had that much. Definite problem.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
He was right about the first amendment violation though.
======

No question he was spot on about that observation.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Snyper
which is trying to use land near the Bundy Ranch to build a $5 billion solar plant.

I wonder how long that lie will be parroted?
The Chinese site is 175 miles from Bundy's place.
The location was given in the original article, but no one bothers to read past the headlines
It's called offsetting. No matter where they build the power plant, they need to set aside X-amount of land for undisturbed nature as an offset for the environmental destruction that the plant will cause. It's like the way carbon credits work. So they cannot proceed with the plant till they've first arranged for the offset land, which they decided Bundy's ranch was going to be, which is why they drove off the other ranchers in the area, and are trying to drive off Bundy, with burdensome regulations that make ranching unprofitable.

None of that matters, since they never built it

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
which is trying to use land near the Bundy Ranch to build a $5 billion solar plant.

I wonder how long that lie will be parroted?
The Chinese site is 175 miles from Bundy's place.
The location was given in the original article, but no one bothers to read past the headlines
It's called offsetting. No matter where they build the power plant, they need to set aside X-amount of land for undisturbed nature as an offset for the environmental destruction that the plant will cause. It's like the way carbon credits work. So they cannot proceed with the plant till they've first arranged for the offset land, which they decided Bundy's ranch was going to be, which is why they drove off the other ranchers in the area, and are trying to drive off Bundy, with burdensome regulations that make ranching unprofitable.

None of that matters, since they never built it

Don't you have a Federal AZZ to be licking somewhere, right now ?

That will get you a LOT further down your destined road than what you're attempting here, bought dog.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 204guy, 67 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,812
Posts18,477,605
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.