Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Enjoy it while you can.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Here comes BLM and spends over $3 million on a failed roundup.

That was tax dollars, BTW...

Yeah, they should charge his sorry ass for that too. He caused it.

Or maybe they should send the bill to folks like the Center for Biological Diversity.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That's where I'll make my last stand.

I ain't going any further north than south east AK. I live about 60 miles from the Canadian border in WA and that's because the "city" kept expanding around and pushing me further north. I'm where I "should be" but I know it won't last forever.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
There is no public land.

In fact,...there's no private land either.

There is no public air. No private air either.

There is no public ocean. No private ocean either.

We possess what we can hold, no more.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Resolution:

Bundy had no title or claim to the land he was grazing. It belonged to the federal government. Bundy owes grazing fees.

The federal government was totally out of line in their method of collection. If circumstances were as they claimed (and they probably were) then they would have had no difficulty going into a Nevada state courtroom and getting a judgment against Bundy, and put liens on his cattle and his ranch. They did not do that. They simply acted without benefit of a court order and proceeded to steal the cattle, which are Bundy's. They also bulldozed Bundy's water supply. A water right is private property.

Judgment in favor of the feds, $1.1 million for grazing fees legitimately owed. Judgment in favor of Bundy for destruction of property, destruction of his water supply, cattle theft, killing of two prize bulls without having any legal right to do so, deliberately inflicting emotional distress, and general thuggishness, $2.2 million.

Watching federal thugs having to back down, priceless.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
First off , water rights don�t go away unless you voluntary relinquish or sell them . Past that at least here , there are no continued fees , taxs or what ever you may think must be paid .

As to a fix . Its simple. Demand the US government to keep its word and Honor its agreements until such time as both sides agree to change the agreement.
isn�t that all anyone asks . IE make an agreement , keep it . If you find you don�t like it later then it sucks to be you . Should have considered that before you made an agreement

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Buck_
Enforce the laws. The courts have ruled against Bundy. At the very least he should pay all his grazing fees and remove his cattle as ordered. How that can be achieved peacefully, I'm not sure.

I think the American people overwhelming believe that the ballot box and the law should decide what happens, not threats of violence.

Why the laws of both Nevada and U.S. are against Bundy.

this is pretty much how it has to go... it's been settled in the courts and all that's left is the enforcement.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Ok. You win. (Well, not really) grin

Now run off and go brag to the other Jr. High girls about it. wink

============

You need to settle down,amigo. Emotions are no replacement for facts or reality.

Snyper has been spot on as to the facts. And while a good many of you can address what's right or wrong, the reality is the case has already been adjudicated.

Bundy does not get to relitigate his claims. They've already been decided. All that is before him and the court now is the judgment amount and his case against the imminent show cause warrant awaiting him. All he can do now is mitigate.

Bundy is in a horribly fatal position and, instead of emotions based upon nothing other than histrionics, Bundy best get a solid lawyer who can help him work a deal.

The cows are gone, that's a done deal. Right now it's a matter of whether Bundy is going to be broke rather than his family being able to continue to enjoy the fruits of his life long labors.

Bundy is his own worst enemy now. He needs counsel and he needs counsel yesterday. He's mouthing off any chance he has of salvaging his estate. Right now he is arrears of near 640 million dollars. His accepted acknowledgement of owing 300K will be a savings grace only if he shuts his frikken mouth.

No charge, boys.

Last edited by isaac; 04/16/14.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Do you think BLM's response was appropriate and proportional?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Perhaps you can show where he was charged and convicted of criminal charges?

Everyone knows that federal courts ruled against him in the civil case. Everyone knows that he said GFY.

But, if everyone is so spot on about criminal charges and convictions that bear his name, perhaps they can show us? Can you Issac?

A civil court order finding the cattle in trespass is a different matter than criminal charges and convictions.

Although I agree that he needs to lawyer up, because it's comin'. Just hasn't happened yet. But, in the same breath, the govt. did not seek all the relief through civil means that they could have either.

They came in like storm troopers and incurred litigious damages on the man and his private property that THEY need to be held responsible for as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
They came in like storm troopers and incurred litigious damages on the man and his private property that THEY need to be held responsible for as well.

And spent 10X the alleged outstanding grazing fees to do so.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like Bob said, He's had his day in court and right or wrong, it's been decided.

Hopefully he can work out a deal, but I don't put much stock in that happening.

The main reason I don't see a deal is that the goobermint is afraid it would set a dangerous precedent and every rancher or concern that leases federally controlled property may pull a "Bundy".

As far as the response, it was certainly heavy handed, but when you've ignored the goobermint and Federal court orders for 20 years, don't act all surprised when they show up en masse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's the right resolution re: Bundy?

For the feral govt to go fahq themselves.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by ironbender
Do you think BLM's response was appropriate and proportional?

=============

I've answered that question 5 times already, Michael. I'm not going backwards on this fiasco any longer.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I missed it, sorry.

I can't read everydamnthing.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
But, if everyone is so spot on about criminal charges and convictions that bear his name, perhaps they can show us? Can you Issac?
=====

Your emotions cause you to focus on the irrelevant and semantics in your gallant effort to escape the reality.

Arguing over whether trespass is criminal or civil is irrelevant forum blather and it has nothing to do with the actual reality now awaiting Bundy.

If everything I told you holds true, are you going to take the position that you were right because it was a civil matter rather than a criminal matter?

The people that really care about Bundy should be putting their resources together to find him a kick ass lawyer that could negotiate a deal that leaves Bundy's pride intact and some solid dough in the bank.

I have compassion and respect for the man but it wanes a bit each and every time he opens his mouth.

Did some practical joker sneak some Icy Hot onto his nuts?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by denton
Resolution:

Bundy had no title or claim to the land he was grazing. It belonged to the federal government. Bundy owes grazing fees.

The federal government was totally out of line in their method of collection. If circumstances were as they claimed (and they probably were) then they would have had no difficulty going into a Nevada state courtroom and getting a judgment against Bundy, and put liens on his cattle and his ranch. They did not do that. They simply acted without benefit of a court order and proceeded to steal the cattle, which are Bundy's. They also bulldozed Bundy's water supply. A water right is private property.

Judgment in favor of the feds, $1.1 million for grazing fees legitimately owed. Judgment in favor of Bundy for destruction of property, destruction of his water supply, cattle theft, killing of two prize bulls without having any legal right to do so, deliberately inflicting emotional distress, and general thuggishness, $2.2 million.

Watching federal thugs having to back down, priceless.
This is probably pretty close.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
=====

Your emotions cause you to focus on the irrelevant and semantics in your gallant effort to escape the reality.

Arguing over whether trespass is criminal or civil is irrelevant forum blather and it has nothing to do with the actual reality now awaiting Bundy.

If everything I told you holds true, are you going to take the position that you were right because it was a civil matter rather than a criminal matter?

The people that really care about Bundy should be putting their resources together to find him a kick ass lawyer that could negotiate a deal that leaves Bundy's pride intact and some solid dough in the bank.

I have compassion and respect for the man but it wanes a bit each and every time he opens his mouth.

Did some practical joker sneak some Icy Hot onto his nuts?

Done now. Bundy is on his land as long as he wants to be or lives. heheheh

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I wish you were right. Not with this current administration though, I'm afraid.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reid isn't going to let it end, you can bank on that.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,600
Posts18,473,550
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.