Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Good Lord...speaking of idiots.

Its OK Pat, consider the source.

Some idiots ain't hardly worth replying to.

========

No schit, right?

I hope this kind of nonsense doesn't have me wishing the gene pool cleansing would happen.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That�s right, BLM has EUTHANIZED 700-800 desert tortoises. Trust but verify. Click here to read one of many stories about it.

<*SIGH!*> There they go again....

Plainly this lady ain't had Ecology 101 either.

It ain't so much the individual tortoises ya gotta worry about, it the HABITAT. Preserve the habitat and you preserve the species. Without the habitat, all you'll ever have is a captive population.

A for the habitat angle re: the tortoise vs. grazing, browsing around I found only inconclusive studies on the impact of grazing on tortoises.

The problem seems to be there's so many OTHER factors that hammer tortoises its hard to isolate the effect of grazing.

One problem with grazing seems to be cattle stepping on and collapsing burrows, why that hould be lethal to an adept burrower like the tortoise I dunno. Another problem seems to be range degradation and introduced weed plants associated with overgrazing.

But again, unless I missed 'em, I didn't find any quantified studies.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by jimdgc
Isn't it interesting that the BLM backed down when it became common knowledge that armed civilians were showing up.

That is because rightousness is more powerfull than evil. That is why George Washington was under gunned, under manned, under supplied and still won.

Only after the arrival of admiral DeGrasse's fleet and General Rochambeau's artillery !

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Two things stand out in that video. A bunch of clowns that have never followed any rules and another bunch that has never enforced any.

First - your utter contempt for the American citizens that pay you and whom you have been sworn to protect and serve is showing.

Second - the it was only one bad cop or incompetent cop argument wears very thin with such frequent repetition and, especially, in this case where it requires that you claim it for each of the 200 agents and officers there from the twenty-some agencies and departments reputed to have been on sight. The problem is inherent in both the current system of and the personalities of those drawn to law enforcement.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bundy hadn't paid for his grazing on public land in 21 years. For that reason he should not have his beasts on public land.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rovering
Two things stand out in that video. A bunch of clowns that have never followed any rules and another bunch that has never enforced any.

First - your utter contempt for the American citizens that pay you and whom you have been sworn to protect and serve is showing.

Second - the it was only one bad cop or incompetent cop argument wears very thin with such frequent repetition and, especially, in this case where it requires that you claim it for each of the 200 agents and officers there from the twenty-some agencies and departments reputed to have been on sight. The problem is inherent in both the current system of and the personalities of those drawn to law enforcement.

You make no sense at all. You need to go to yoga or something.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bundy hadn't paid for his grazing on public land in 21 years. For that reason he should not have his beasts on public land.

Indeed, but look at the other thread on how this should have been handled. The BLM ostensibly had other, less confrontational and ultimately far less expensive ways of handling this involving judgements and liens.

Bundy and his legal transgressions are a known quantity. What I would like to see someone pursue now is the decision-making process within the BLM that led to this debacle.

Maybe it did come from Harry Ried hisself I dunno. However it happened it sure seems unprecedented coming from the BLM.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
If a BLM agent had picked my mom up and body slammed her to the ground, he would be dead.

Wouldn't really care what else happens after that.

I reckon that would fall into the idiot category.

Lt, you are exactly right about that, it is best to wait until it is quiet, dark, and nobody is looking...then smack a hatchet across the back of the offenders neck.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Indeed, but look at the other thread on how this should have been handled. The BLM ostenibly had other, less confrontational and ultimately far less expensive ways of handling this involving judgements and leins.

Bundy and his legal transgressions are a known quantity. What I would like to see someone pursue now is the decision-making process within the BLM that led to this debacle.

Maybe it did come from Harry Ried hisself I dunno. However it happened it sure seems unprecedented coming from the BLM.

Birdwatcher

Mike, it appears to me that this was the first time the BLM actually got to put on their cop outfits, crate the dogs and interact with their flavor of "bad guys". There are lots of other Federal agencies that have police forces that are on deck.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I could be a city boy and have a couple hundred acres on the river south of here but,being there or not being there doesn't change the title to my land or the invented entitlements of others.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well it proves one thing for sure the federal law enforcement will most definitely fire on civilians if given the order from the Fuehrer regardless who the Fuehrer is. And I would imagine most local law enforcement from city to state will do the same thing.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That�s right, BLM has EUTHANIZED 700-800 desert tortoises. Trust but verify. Click here to read one of many stories about it.

<*SIGH!*> There they go again....

Plainly this lady ain't had Ecology 101 either.

It ain't so much the individual tortoises ya gotta worry about, it the HABITAT. Preserve the habitat and you preserve the species. Without the habitat, all you'll ever have is a captive population.

A for the habitat angle re: the tortoise vs. grazing, browsing around I found only inconclusive studies on the impact of grazing on tortoises.

The problem seems to be there's so many OTHER factors that hammer tortoises its hard to isolate the effect of grazing.

One problem with grazing seems to be cattle stepping on and collapsing burrows, why that hould be lethal to an adept burrower like the tortoise I dunno. Another problem seems to be range degradation and introduced weed plants associated with overgrazing.

But again, unless I missed 'em, I didn't find any quantified studies.

Birdwatcher

You might want to read the article I posted on this thread.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...84170/all/The_Desert_Tortoise_and_Cattle

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4100fps
If he indeed follows Nevada's laws, he should note this part in the Nevada State Constitution, Article 1, Section 2:

"All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for the protection, security and benefit of the people; and they have the right to alter or reform the same whenever the public good may require it. But the Paramount Allegiance of every citizen is due to the Federal Government in the exercise of all its Constitutional powers as the same have been or may be defined by the Supreme Court of the United States; and no power exists in the people of this or any other State of the Federal Union to dissolve their connection therewith or perform any act tending to impair, subvert, or resist the Supreme Authority of the government of the United States. The Constitution of the United States confers full power on the Federal Government to maintain and Perpetuate its existence, and whensoever any portion of the States, or people thereof attempt to secede from the Federal Union, or forcibly resist the Execution of its laws, the [b]Federal Government may, by warrant of the Constitution, employ armed force in compelling obedience to its Authority."[/b]

WOW!!!!!! I didn't know Nevadans were slaves and serfs of the United States. Glad I don't live there I'm not slave or serf of any state national or otherwise. I'm a free man and intend on staying that way.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"...will most definitely fire on civilians if given the order.."
And fire hoses and dogs years ago. Dogs and other stuff now. A successful civil disobedience action requires a hyperbolic response and the BLM obliged.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by derby_dude
If he indeed follows Nevada's laws, he should note this part in the Nevada State Constitution, Article 1, Section 2:

"All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for the protection, security and benefit of the people; and they have the right to alter or reform the same whenever the public good may require it. But the Paramount Allegiance of every citizen is due to the Federal Government in the exercise of all its Constitutional powers as the same have been or may be defined by the Supreme Court of the United States; and no power exists in the people of this or any other State of the Federal Union to dissolve their connection therewith or perform any act tending to impair, subvert, or resist the Supreme Authority of the government of the United States. The Constitution of the United States confers full power on the Federal Government to maintain and Perpetuate its existence, and whensoever any portion of the States, or people thereof attempt to secede from the Federal Union, or forcibly resist the Execution of its laws, the [b]Federal Government may, by warrant of the Constitution, employ armed force in compelling obedience to its Authority."[/b]

WOW!!!!!! I didn't know Nevadans were slaves and serfs of the United States. Glad I don't live there I'm not slave or serf of any state national or otherwise. I'm a free man and intend on staying that way.

Good luck with that.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The bottom line is the federal government has wasted and squandered it's credibility by kowtowing to the loud and profane special interest groups of the liberal left. They have wasted all of their good will and no one believes them about anything or any issue, anymore.

The sad part is they are not done yet being stupid. We should guard ourselves that we do not fall into the same trap. kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 04/16/14.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know, people can read, but they don't understand a thing they read.

It means that the State will follow Federal law, and Federal law will be enforced. It's not a state thing as Bundle would have the morons believe.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Good luck with that.

Well I'm old and my life is almost over so being dead and free is better than being alive and a slave. Being part Indian, what I think you would call aborigine, I always figure today is a good day to die.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's a lot of stupid going on, but not from the side your thinking. With the rest of your post my response is..... HUH? Thanks I lost 10 IQ points reading your post.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You know, people can read, but they don't understand a thing they read.

It means that the State will follow Federal law, and Federal law will be enforced. It's not a state thing as Bundle would have the morons believe.

It does seem that Nevada is not a sovereign state which probably explains why prostitution is still legal in Nevada that is the only state where it is.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 25aught6, 58 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,943
Posts18,519,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.