Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Done.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Pahick: I endured a high stress occupation for 29 years and had virtually EVERY gastro-intestinal disorder imagineable - including acid reflux.
I do not recall having the symptoms you relayed in your post.
I think the stress of worry caused your "new" symptoms (chest pains etc).
I pray for your full and quick recovery.
I do know this (and I abhor the French!) that Perrier Water temporarily relieved my symptoms from acid reflux, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn and a couple of other digestive tract disorders that are better not discussed in mixed company.
Hold your nose (I hate the French!) and buy some smaller bottles of Perrier Water and keep them by your bed (warm or room temperature is fine/better) and sip it whenever any mid-body discomfort afflicts you.
Get well soon!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Prayers sent!

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by pahick
Thanks all. Just seems odd how it got worse, what seems like overnight. Feels like my darn blood pressures elevated all the time now. Then this evening, when I got to the top of the stairs I could really feel the heart beating in my neck. Guess stress/worry can do that. Again, appreciate it. Means a lot. God bless!
accept the good news and give thanks. Don't accept bad news. In the face of bad news, do not agree, though you may accept treatment. Repeat, "I am healed by the stripes of Jesus."

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
praying

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Prayers sent for God's healing touch upon you in Jesus name amen

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks all. Felt better yesterday, and this morning. Took a truck full of old electronics to the recycler yesterday. Walking up and down steps had me out of breath and aware of my blood pressure, but I did fine. Bear hugged an old tube tv that weighs more than me and made it to the truck. Luckily, the twp hired a big old boy who grabbed it like a rag doll and threw it on the pile. I thought to myself "I used to be able to do that!". Only had one period where I felt pain, and it had me down on the couch for an hour or so. I actually think it was a stomach spasm. No acid or burning, esophagus pain in 24 hrs. I think the meds are working! And im slowly coming around to not worrying about my heart. Thanks again all, means much to me! God bless!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Glad your doing better!

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks all. Still feeling "not quite right". The quick pains are almost gone, still sore in the throat and below the breast bone. Last couple days though, can feel my heart beating harder. This morning I was shaking like I was cold, but I wasnt. Since I was scared of a heart attack the past couple weeks, I thought "its just in my head". But it isnt going away. The shaking stopped though. So I looked up the omeprazole side effects and some of the side effects are trembling, fast, racing, or uneven heartbeat, and ringing in the ears. All which I have or had the last couple days. Maybe since the first time I took one, but since I was concentrating on the pain im not sure.

Im switching back to Pepcid until I see the doc on tuesday. I called him, but never got a return call yet. Doing the right thing?

Thanks, gonna head down to Goodwill to donate some clothes, ill check back later.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Pahick - Pepcid is an H2 blocker, omeprozole is a Proton Pump Inhibitor. Two different mechanisms of action to reduce acid production. PPIs work better as it gets to the root of the cause. Prilosec, Nexium, Aciphex, Previcid, and Protonix are PPIs. Pepcid, Tagament, and Zantac are H2s and usually the OTC stuff is dosed at half of Rx.

Do you drink alot of coffee or caffeine related products?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
God's peace. Amen.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pahick
As some of you read in my other thread ive been dealing with Acid Reflux. It turned into a bit more than that. Last night was the 3rd trip to the ER. Lightning fast, quick pains shoot across my chest, sometimes my back, other times it can be my arm or leg. Hard to explain but the worry of something worse set off panic attacks. I guess I am so worried its heart related that I made myself a mess.

3 ER trips, all EKG's perfectly normal, CT scan and ultrasounds...all normal. But them damn pin prick pains get me excited. Hard for me to trust the docs, even tho I have to. I know the reflux wont heal overnight, I just need to calm myself and let nature take its course. If ya will, id appreciate it.

Prayers sent Pahick!

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks all.

Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Pahick - Pepcid is an H2 blocker, omeprozole is a Proton Pump Inhibitor. Two different mechanisms of action to reduce acid production. PPIs work better as it gets to the root of the cause. Prilosec, Nexium, Aciphex, Previcid, and Protonix are PPIs. Pepcid, Tagament, and Zantac are H2s and usually the OTC stuff is dosed at half of Rx.

Do you drink alot of coffee or caffeine related products?

No sir, caffeine free iced tea, and water. Nothing else. I do believe in the PPI's, but im thinking it shot my blood pressure way high and is causing the nervousness. So im gonna quit them until I see the doc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Prayers sent pard. Get well soon.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Much appreciated, thanks!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Pahick, have the symptoms subsided since you dc'd Prilosec?

Of obvious concern, is how you feel after climbing a set of stairs. I am curious, the 3 EKGs, were any of them done on a treadmill (stress test)?

I have GERD and have had it for a number of years. I am also on Prilosec. When my reflux kicks in (usually because I haven't taken my pill) I get burning in my throat and sometimes heartburn that feels like it could be cardiac related. One time it was so bad I had stress test - wired for EKG on a treadmill for 10 minutes, sped up and inclined slowly. Stress test showed no signs of cardio impairment.

The only really "boots on the ground" way to see if it's your heart is a cath. Mom had terrible heart (like an elephant on her chest) pains about a week after my brother died. So bad we thought she was having an M.I. Docs did too and got her in the cath lab pronto. Mercifully, her arteries were clear. Her primary sent her home with an Rx for Xanax. It was anxiety. the Xanax got her over the hump of that extreme grief.

Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll figure it out. Godspeed.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Pahick, have the symptoms subsided since you dc'd Prilosec?

Of obvious concern, is how you feel after climbing a set of stairs. I am curious, the 3 EKGs, were any of them done on a treadmill (stress test)?

I have GERD and have had it for a number of years. I am also on Prilosec. When my reflux kicks in (usually because I haven't taken my pill) I get burning in my throat and sometimes heartburn that feels like it could be cardiac related. One time it was so bad I had stress test - wired for EKG on a treadmill for 10 minutes, sped up and inclined slowly. Stress test showed no signs of cardio impairment.

The only really "boots on the ground" way to see if it's your heart is a cath. Mom had terrible heart (like an elephant on her chest) pains about a week after my brother died. So bad we thought she was having an M.I. Docs did too and got her in the cath lab pronto. Mercifully, her arteries were clear. Her primary sent her home with an Rx for Xanax. It was anxiety. the Xanax got her over the hump of that extreme grief.

Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll figure it out. Godspeed.

Thank you. Im not sure if stopping Prilosec is helping, or going to help, but last night I didnt take my evening pill. So far this morning I feel a little better. Not sure of the half life of Prilosec, probably a couple days. Ill be able to tell more today and tomorrow.

The stairs thing worries me too. Before taking Prilosec, I only had that happen once. Again, will see how things go the next couple days. If I feel any conditions get worse, ill head to the ER. Keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
You may be having some esophageal spasms. If that's the case Reglan may help. Do you get increased saliva production during the attacks?

Here's hoping its nothing more serious.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
have you tried a nathurpath[ spelling] to see what you may be eating that is affecting you ?

I had to quite using milk in my coffee years ago , couple of times I thought I was dying ,200 miles from nearest hospital bad weather no planes in or out of a remote camp.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Prayers continued PA

FJB & FJT
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

301 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 16penny, 260Remguy, 45 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,689
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.