Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 31 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 30 31
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rule #1 - Perception is reality

Forbes was birthed and marketed as a production version of the NULA; bearing the namesake of said rifle's creator. Melvin put Forbes on his shoulders, so to me the degree of control he chose to accept is immaterial. He will take the credit or blame of this company because of the perception that he helped create.

I wish him and the company much success. If things get really rocky, I want dibs on New Forbes Rifle, LLC. I guarantee not to duplicate this goat rope a third time.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Just because I'm a good cook doesn't mean I can run a restaurant.

It also doesn't mean you control what the waiters do or don't do.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
.....to me the degree of control he chose to accept is immaterial.

Not when people wonder why he's not personally making this right.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

It does if I'm the one running the restaurant. If I'm just the cook I'd not expect the restaurant to be named after me.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
.....to me the degree of control he chose to accept is immaterial.

Not when people wonder why he's not personally making this right.

Why are people wondering that? wink

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sure it does. Employees aren't robots, but they darn well better be directed.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
All of what has been written about degree of control is conjecture. From the lack of response and willingness to make things right and put disgruntled customers at ease, my guess is that he does not have the control that many think he has. He probably got some money up front and shares. Based on what I have read of the man, he is likely livid at what is going on. Further, I have absolutely no doubt that he has been made well aware of what is being written on this thread. Maybe he's not googling his name, but he has many friends in the industry, as well as customers, that have read this thread and likely informed him of what's going on.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
don't know but just a thought that maybe they run the company in a production manner since it is a production company.........

and they are working the rifle back in to production as it allows.......

painting stocks at some point...bedding stocks at some point...chambering barrels...coating etc. etc.

maybe they don't have the man power or trained staff to do all the things needed or have a special person that handles all QC issues and he has a schedule that doesn't allow him to stop and jump on everything the day it comes in..........

Last edited by gene270; 06/07/14.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by sns2
All of what has been written about degree of control is conjecture. From the lack of response and willingness to make things right and put disgruntled customers at ease, my guess is that he does not have the control that many think he has. ........Based on what I have read of the man, he is likely livid at what is going on. .

That's all I was saying. As far as restaurants, there's too many cooks in the kitchen here.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
It doesn't matter if Mel has say so or not about Forbes rifles. If you let someone put your name on a rifle you are going to held accountable for it. Good or bad.

Who ever is running Forbes is screwing the pooch. If Mel is making any money or owns stock in the company he better be paying attention.

There are only so many guys that will spend $1500ish on a rifle and a bunch of us have read this thread. I won't be buying a Forbes just like a won't play Kimber Roulette. I can't afford it.

Dink

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I agree to a degree with both sides. Anyone putting their name on a product (company) and has it in one way or another linked to their business without having control is foolish. If that is the case then it is the only part of this I would place blame on Mel for.

Lets face it mel can't be in two places at the same time. Nor can he handle day to day operations of both businesses. As others have said I doubt but don't "KNOW" that Mel is the controlling owner. The next question I would want to know before passing judgement would be just how many "problem rifles" have been released? If it were only a few then yes Mel's best interest would be to address them personally. By that I don't mean on a forum, rather calling the owners of the said few rifles. On the other hand if the "problem rifles" are numerous then I think it is fair to say that would be above required for Mel. His time at that point would be better spent ironing out the issues at the company level.

Most all start-ups have growing pains and learning hurdles. One reason I don't like to buy products from such companies. I would guess that this will hurt them a little. I hope they will fix it and get things moving in the right direction. I don't see it killing the company unless they really can't get things under control.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
From some responses on this thread perhaps the "24 Hour Campfire" needs a new name. Or at least perhaps a nick name.

My first suggestion would be "Conjecture around the Campfire"

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
is that like 'ring around the collar'?....

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by DINK
It doesn't matter if Mel has say so or not about Forbes rifles. If you let someone put your name on a rifle you are going to held accountable for it. Good or bad.

Who ever is running Forbes is screwing the pooch. If Mel is making any money or owns stock in the company he better be paying attention.

There are only so many guys that will spend $1500ish on a rifle and a bunch of us have read this thread. I won't be buying a Forbes just like a won't play Kimber Roulette. I can't afford it.

Dink

Bingo. Pretty simple concept really.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Dirt is dirt.

Or in the words of country Dick Montana: "Trash is trash"

Last edited by battue; 06/07/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Mr. Forbes does not need to address anything. What he needs to do is make damn sure someone else is addressing the problems and in an expedient manner.

These are the things that could be going on.
1. They just don't care

2. They care but don't have the capital - man power to hire someone to e-mail or call anyone with a problem.

3.They have so many problems that #2 is no longer a solution.

4.They will try to sell enough product, quality be damned, and try to hold it all together long enough to at least break even before going under.

5. They are completely clueless as to the damage being caused to their reputation. I don't see that one as a possibility because I sent them an e-mail saying just that and a link to this thread.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Does anyone know how many "bad rifles" have been sold? If it is a mere handful then I don't really see the (so called big problem)and all the judgement being cast.

I suggest every other poster on this thread buy one and see what the % is good to bad. Hope I am an other as the hunting camp needs a new roof more then I need a new rifle.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I am pretty sure Battue is an every! LMAO smile

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I suggest every other poster on this thread buy one and see what the % is good to bad.

Well, one thing's for sure. The guys who bought one and got a lemon have every right to be pissed if Forbes (the company) doesn't make it right.

The guys who didn't buy one have every right to piss and moan, as if they did.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I suggest every other poster on this thread buy one and see what the % is good to bad.

Well, one thing's for sure. The guys who bought one and got a lemon have every right to be pissed if Forbes (the company) doesn't make it right.

No Doubt.

Page 21 of 31 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,420
Posts18,470,563
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.